Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think trading Meek would be a mistake, we do not want to get caught out like last year when we had no ruckman and were using Howe and Nash as back up to Kosi who is not a ruckman either. Ramsden is not ready for AFL ruck, let him develop into a forward first doing some ruck in the forward line, at the moment he is like a goofy giraffe, he will get there though he has the attributes to be a ripper.

Plus, we need to be careful the AFL doesn't change the sub rule (after the trade/draft period as they have a habit of doing this type of thing) and make it a full 5 on the bench. I have heard Mitch say that we'd play 2 rucks without hesitation if there was 5 on the bench not 4 + 1 sub.
Agreed. Ramsden is still a season or two away from being able to compete as a FWD/Ruck. To trade Meek leaves our ruck stocks perilously thin.

I'll preface this by saying that this is peak silly season behaviour and I'm going delirious with a lack of rumours so don't take this too seriously.

Day & Moore have both followed Josh Rotham from WCE in the past couple days. 193cm KPD, will be 26 next season. Looks ready made, stats are below. RFA end of next year, he shouldn't cost much.

Have had a look at the WCE board and there are whispers he could be part of the "disgruntled youth" at the club. They actually reckon he's alright, no real gripes for a KPD generally is a good indicator of ability.

Perhaps part of Brocky deal?

View attachment 1800758

Sammy would know the potential. I trust his judgement.

I watched Gawns game on the weekend and it's fair to say Ned is a long, long l, long way off being at that level (that's a high bar to set him but still).

I will say though that one thing I observed the later part of this year is that some of the elite rucks like Gawn and English did struggle to exert their usual influence when playing against Noodle.

My theory is that his sheer size wears the oppo ruckmen down over the course of the game.

So in essence Ned isn't capable of getting 15+ disposals and 6+ marks but neither does the other teams ruck.

So generally we will break even which is an improvement from previous years.
Not many rucks ever get to the level of Gawn. He is a unicorn.

I still believe that Rama reads the play really well and with his tank, lateral movement and hands is a motza for CHB. He's a good size now for that role as he holds his position against the AFL listed defenders he plays on as well as the better VFL defenders, where he struggles is against a guy like skipper who is a beast and just throws him round. At CHB he isn't going to get people with pure strength that you would get a FB. We could do worse than leave him at CHB to develop in the 1s not the 2s with sis next to him it would be a great apprenticeship.

Not many rucks ever get to the level of Gawn. He is a unicorn.
Yes of course he's the best ruck of his generation no doubt.

But what I was more alluding to was the style in which Max played, being a quasi midfielder who can also take a big pack mark and also kick 5 goals in a game.

It's that multifaceted game style that I think Ned will struggle to replicate or even attempt to replicate.

I still believe that Rama reads the play really well and with his tank, lateral movement and hands is a motza for CHB. He's a good size now for that role as he holds his position against the AFL listed defenders he plays on as well as the better VFL defenders, where he struggles is against a guy like skipper who is a beast and just throws him round. At CHB he isn't going to get people with pure strength that you would get a FB. We could do worse than leave him at CHB to develop in the 1s not the 2s with sis next to him it would be a great apprenticeship.
If people watched the BH game against Dogs you can see Dogs ruck Jordan Sweet started exerting his influence in 3rd quarter and Dogs were getting the upper hand.

That is when Ramma decided he has to match Sweet and lifted and won a few contests and BH got back into the game. Ramma stayed switched on till the end. I think Ramma is well on his way and after next pre-season we will be singing his praises.

I am fine with trading Meek but for Good offer, not a decent one. We will get decent offer at end of next year as well & better to keep Meek as insurance.

Now what will hawks fan accept is a good offer... Anything that can lead to having a teens pick before McCabe bid. Logan Morris, Moir , Darcy Wilson or Mitch Edwards are the ones we could target with such a pick. Maybe even Caddy as he could slide.

PS : I raised the spectre of meek being headhunted months back in this thread after it was clear Reeves was preferred Ruck.

If anyone offers a pick inside 30 for meek this year or a decent f2 you snap their hand off. Bring in someone like Burgess or Chol as a forward and second ruck to cover both issues as a stop gap. Both would play seniors for us whilst ramsden develops. Neither will play for suns next year with king casboult lukoscious and Walter. Even an Elliot himmelberg could do similar for nothing. We need to maximise our draft capital now whilst that’s our focus not hang onto depth if the market conditions lead to sides overpaying for easily replaceable players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak not being offered a contract by Port apparently.

Wouldn't mind giving him a year. Has played sore all year and when fit is still a gun.

Even if he doesn't play he would be a massive influence off the field. One of the best trainers in footy.

Clarko no longer coaches us.

look at me threat GIF

I am the Clarko now.

Wouldn't mind giving him a year. Has played sore all year and when fit is still a gun.

Even if he doesn't play he would be a massive influence off the field. One of the best trainers in footy.
I don't mind this as a bit of experience in the forward line. Could be a good option to play a year or two of limited games and then transition into a coaching role if that's in his plans.

Probably the perfect age for a return to Kardinia Park

If Meek is traded out , then we can demand a pick in the low 20's but that means kosi stays and makes that ruck/frwd position his! Then we'd have to be extremely confident of Ramsden to be ready as the next cab off the rank when Reeves or kosi is injured. It's a very delicate situation and choice we're left with. There is definitely high end risk to that equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back