Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst several teams over the last four seasons below. Maybe we should ask for some handouts too - access to 2J and an end of first round pick for some contrived reason would do nicely.

Essendon
13th - 26 - 79.2%
8th - 44 - 109.1%
15th - 28 - 83.2%
11th - 44 - 89.7%

Crows
18th - 12 - 64.4%
15th - 28 - 82%
14th - 32 - 86.7%
10th - 44 - 116.8%

GCS
14th - 22 - 90.6%
16th - 28 - 76.8%
12th - 40 - 102.8%
15th - 36 - 91.7%

Hawks
15th - 20 - 84.1%
14th - 32 - 85.2%
13th - 32 - 89.8%
16th - 28 - 80.2%

WCE
5th - 48 - 117%
9th - 40 - 93.2%
17th - 8 - 59.8%
18th - 12 - 53%

North
17th - 12 - 71.2%
18th - 18 - 70.3%
18th - 8 - 55.8%
17th - 12 - 71.5%

North want 3 and 11 from the AFL. They will not bid on the Gold Coast academy players if GC trade them 4 for 11 and Ports first.

North end up with 2,3 and 5.
Does it really affect us though? The McKay pick has been likely for a while. We don’t have much to offer suns other then our F1 which doesn’t sound on table. Doesn’t stop us from bidding on Walter and read with our pick.

Think we’ve known for a long time the the afl won’t give us a chop out.

Edit: only impact could north trying to play games on getting their preferred three. Ie pick curtain and duursma being confident we pick Watson so they get Colby as well.

Last edited:

Chol looking pretty good today against Box Hill.

What exactly is the reason he is so poorly regarded in AFL circles?

A ruck/forward who can move like he does and has kicked 44 goals in a season sounds very good on paper.

I think from memory there was talk about his attitude to training / behaviour issues but he sure looks an interesting option.

Chol looking pretty good today against Box Hill.

What exactly is the reason he is so poorly regarded in AFL circles?

A ruck/forward who can move like he does and has kicked 44 goals in a season sounds very good on paper.

I think from memory there was talk about his attitude to training / behaviour issues but he sure looks an interesting option.
I wanted us to grab him the year he went to GOLD COAST.

Do want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing surer then north being a middle of the road rebuild side and players walking in two years, I say give them more picks

If I was a player manager and I was dealing with Essendon, I would come to Hawthorn and promise the world then report back to Dodoro to get the deal done on better terms lol, I jest, but it seems we have lost out on a bunch of free agents and trade targets, maybe when we get closer to being a finals team, we can land a couple? good thing sleepy Mark is a good draft recruiter.

Surely all the other clubs express their concerns to the AFL. North will be a top 4 side in 3-4 years the way they’re building.
The problem isn’t north building to anything. It’s if them burning a ton of talent alongside what suns and giants have done bringing the level of the comp down. Alongside Tassie coming it’s going to weaken the league by a big amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back