Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DGB up forward was good. Down back 1:1 against a bigger stronger opponent he looks lost.

Give him a preseason with the forwards.
I have real concerns he will make it as a KPD. I reckon a forward is his best chance or a 3rd tall floater down back.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

The thing I would like about Chol is he is 200cm with a long reach for that high ball. He isn't good enough to be the only target at AFL level, but definitely good enough to demand a key defender, and therefore take a lot of slack from Lewis who could be freed up. Would be a fair bit cheaper than Ratugolea but I think more effective as a forward. Watched the whole game today and he was more than a class above (although our key defenders weren't much chop). Wasn't thinking he'd be on our radar but after today very much worth considering.

I have real concerns he will make it as a KPD. I reckon a forward is his best chance or a 3rd tall floater down back.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

In fairness to Denver he's giving up close to 15kegs on Chol. Chol would be best 22 up forward for half a dozen clubs at the moment.

To be fair to Denver it's his ill discipline that is the major concern for him

Was very disappointing that's for sure.

Needs to learn to harness that aggression and luckily he has the best mentor in Sicily.

Jekyll and Hyde game for Denver. Good first half up forward. Shit second half down back.

He's a forward.

I hope Kosi signs on to stay. Stood up in some big moments across the VFL final series. He can make the ruck forward role his own while Ramma builds.

Box Hill game shows why we need to hit the draft again this year.... I don't see any of our small/medium forwards coming from the game today. Also no future pure key position players. Ramsden as a 2nd ruck is still genuinely promising but will require a lot of continued development. Would be ideal if we could get another pick on top of our first and McCabe, to get more talent developing in the areas where we are thin.

DGB up forward was good. Down back 1:1 against a bigger stronger opponent he looks lost.

Give him a preseason with the forwards.
That will not fix his lack of discipline!

Gave away 50m and made it an easy goal, when we had crawled back to with in one goal in the last qtr and killed it for us!

It’s not the first or last undisciplined kick he gave away.

It now makes me wonder if a lack of fitness is anything to with a lack of discipline with his diet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Box Hill game shows why we need to hit the draft again this year.... I don't see any of our small/medium forwards coming from the game today. Also no future pure key position players. Ramsden as a 2nd ruck is still genuinely promising but will require a lot of continued development. Would be ideal if we could get another pick on top of our first and McCabe, to get more talent developing in the areas where we are thin.
Oh I think Bennetts could make it ….. 3 goals today and under pressure.

Definetly need to either draft in or trade for a quality small forward

None of our small forwards today really grabbed me as being AFL quality.

That's why Gresham would be a good get this off season if he doesn't cost too much.

That will not fix his lack of discipline!

Gave away 50m and made it an easy goal, when we had crawled back to with in one goal in the last qtr and killed it for us!

It’s not the first or last undisciplined kick he gave away.

It now makes me wonder if a lack of fitness is anything to with a lack of discipline with his diet?

Time and maturity will fix this. It took Sic quite a while to harness his white line fever. Buddy never did.

He has the talent. I wish we could merge the skills of DGB and Jeka and then we would have two serious players.

DGB is stuck in the middle, doesn’t have the size for true key position or the endurance to be damaging in other positions.

Anything close to a 2nd rounder and I think he’ll be traded, regardless of his desire to stay.
We don't need him to be a true key position. I think he'll become a Harrison Petty type which would be really valuable. Patience my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back