Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could be done but would need to get enough points to satisfy GC for pick 4 (2,034). We have 29 (653), say 38 from eagles for brocky (465), 44 from richmond for kosi (362) plus our 48 (302) would be 1,782 so we would need more (potentially frost to NM if we get mckay).

think other clubs would offer more points though and we'd have not much left for mccabe bid
i think i read somewhere that the doggies are offering GC pick 10 and 17 which is significantly better than that. our edge on a pick 4 sweepstakes is a). cap space for a dump and b). a fairly valuable future 1st which won't get eaten up by bids

the sooner the AFL lets u trade future picks more than one year in advance like every other sport the better

Correct.

The facts are - Friday was in at the club to discuss, Saturday came and toured the facilities, Monday returned and they ironed out the contract, cap space, front loading, etc. He liked it.

Whether he then used this to go leverage further at the Dons obviously is the unknown, and if he did, well good riddance anyway. Couldn't imagine viewing the back half of last year, getting similar offers from both teams, well above your pay grade, and choosing Essendon as your destination of choice moving forward, playing under a coach who didn't overly like you when you were younger. If you would prefer to replace Zurk-Thatcher in a terrible backline as opposed to pairing with Sicily, then I don't really know what to tell ya.

But hey, I didn't expect Liam Henry to go to the Saints either.

Not a new account on here, never had one, but decided to get involved this year. Have not used these forums in the past either. My brother is actually in these threads, saw he has a very reputable account, maybe he'll take note of who I am. Not looking for praise if I get it right, just thought I'd share what has come across my table with fellow Hawks enthusiasts.
I'M THS' BROTHER!

NO, I AM!

A mod on the * board claims we offered Rat a 7 year thumper.
:oops:
interview-step-brothers.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay news sounds positive, yet no one can get it cross checked.

For now, it's still pending.

Apologies for false alarm.

Never apologise, TD. You do god's work here, particularly in the trade period.

I've often wondered if other club boards are as fun, crazy, psychotic, bi-polar as ours. Could only imagine what it would be like reading this kind of stuff for the first time 😂

I don't lurk a lot but the Geelong board can be fun to read when they lose. The Norf board is unhinged at times. The Port board's vitriol towards their coach is amazing to read.

Genuinely think we have the most fun on this site. Other clubs forums don't seem as lively or fun

Everyone is in the same position. Nobody knows anything and they really play up when news "comes". Some people seem to get really upset when things don't eventuate, but the majority just having a laugh and enjoying the rebuild!

McKay news sounds positive, yet no one can get it cross checked.

For now, it's still pending.

Apologies for false alarm.
As an eternal optimist, I know it's going to be positive news in the end: Either we get a player who straightens up our structure or the Dons get an ovrrated spud!

Everyone is in the same position. Nobody knows anything and they really play up when news "comes". Some people seem to get really upset when things don't eventuate, but the majority just having a laugh and enjoying the rebuild!
I can safely say I wouldn't be as invested in our rebuild and future if I didn't have this forum.
Makes a big difference!

As an eternal optimist, I know it's going to be positive news in the end: Either we get a player who straightens up our structure or the Dons get an ovrrated spud!
This is my stance precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back