Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are separate trades. How do we beat the Dogs offer of 10,17 and a future 1st?
It comes down to then getting a lot of 2023 points themselves or we don’t unless we trade in 2 second rounders for players like scrimshaw and Kozi. Our trump card is our f1.

It comes down to then getting a lot of 2023 points themselves or we don’t unless we trade in 2 second rounders for players like scrimshaw and Kozi. Our trump card is our f1.
Agreed, I think they get the points this year quite simply and will look for best 2024 pick they can get.

I’m pretty sure a poster laid it out and they’ll only need like two picks in the 20s to match the 3 bids given the discount.

Agreed, I think they get the points this year quite simply and will look for best 2024 pick they can get.

I’m pretty sure a poster laid it out and they’ll only need like two picks in the 20s to match the 3 bids given the discount.
Yep that was me. Issue is hollands blues link as they don’t have a 2nd or 3rd this year so likely to be future.

We got a fish...

Santa Claus Love GIF by SVT

If Chol has chosen us, could that VFL preliminary final have been somewhat of a contributing factor perhaps?

He would have seen a lot of our depth up close and personal. The boys never gave up that day either. Might be an enticing squad to join.

If Chol has chosen us, could that VFL preliminary final have been somewhat of a contributing factor perhaps?

He would have seen a lot of our depth up close and personal. The boys never gave up that day either. Might be an enticing squad to join.
Probably more enticing that he will get a lot of opportunity to play seniors given our forward stocks. Brisbane makes no sense for him.

If the trade price isn't too high, I think Chol is a very sensible target for us. There is a clear spot for a second tall forward who can kick goals and ruck a bit.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s from an article that has way too many errors for a professional journalist.
Jay Clarke has never ever been called a professional journalist by anyone. Even his linked In page lists his occupation as "some bloke who talks about footy"

He also has two moustaches for eyebrows

Jay Clarke has never ever been called a professional journalist by anyone. Even his linked In page lists his occupation as "some bloke who talks about footy"

He also has two moustaches for eyebrows
Okay for the sake of clarity I went to his linked in page and he does refer to himself as sports journalist. The fact that his profile picture looks more like something from tinder does back this up

If WCE trade down I feel like it can only be North trading up.

If Eagles trade down with us, Dees or any other team then surely North just stay put with 2 and 3 to pick Curtin and another.

This is assuming North pick a KPD they desperately need and not two more mids
Then Curtin requests a trade and North cracks the sads again because they didn't listen to the players desires and requirements.

It does but the issue is GC can surely do better for pick 4, so is unlikely to treat the two deals together.
They can't if other clubs don't roll over but they live in this imaginary world where they convert pick 4 to super haul of F1's

4 to 10+17+f1 from dogs.

Then convert 10 to another F1( say Blues) and then 17 to another F1( say Port or Dees).

Gives them 3 F1's for next yr + their own.

If they can pull it off, well done to them. If they do the dogs deal, we will want to talk about Pick 10 and they seem to imagine we give up our F1 for that. Lets hope enough Hawks fan laugh that offer out. I would do 10 for a swap of F1's though.

They will also see if they can trade 10 for a player, 17 as well. Not sure which player wants to go to suns, there is a mention of a Semi-A grade player keen to move on their board ( Edit - its Adam Treloar. makes sense given his wife's Netball connection).

From Hawks other than CJ, I can't see anyone we will be willing to offer up but he needs to want to go there. Given we can cover his 2024 salary, I think pick 10 is fair for CJ(+Salary) but other seem to think that is overs. Need to wait and watch.

If we want pick 4, we need to hope Dogs are not scared Croft will get picked before their Pick 10. Then they are likely to keep their picks.

Last edited:
Situation Re Pick 1. Who is more desperate?

West Coast - Would love Reid but there's always a flight risk with him. However, they have a good option in Curtin who is a local boy and will probably reach Reid level output by the end of his career. West Coasts only dilemma is how to squeeze the maximum value out of Pick 1 and still select Curtin.

North - Would love Reid but don't have pick 1. They cannot bluff and select Curtin because Curtin is a flight risk himself. North don't have the luxury to make statement selections when they are begging the AFL for assistance. It is in Norths best interest to work out a deal with WCE to get pick 1.

Situation Re Pick 1. Who is more desperate?

West Coast - Would love Reid but there's always a flight risk with him. However, they have a good option in Curtin who is a local boy and will probably reach Reid level output by the end of his career. West Coasts only dilemma is how to squeeze the maximum value out of Pick 1 and still select Curtin.

North - Would love Reid but don't have pick 1. They cannot bluff and select Curtin because Curtin is a flight risk himself. North don't have the luxury to make statement selections when they are begging the AFL for assistance. It is in Norths best interest to work out a deal with WCE to get pick 1.
West Coast will be licking their lips to deal with North. Pick 2 + pick 14 + pick 19 for pick 1. Otherwise they just take Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back