Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is what it will take as a minimum. I hesitate to respond in saying it will also take Brocky and Scrimm. That is just my opinion.

No-one would trade 2 picks and 3 players for a single pick. We'd end up needing to take dead picks at the end of the draft just to make the minimum list size.

If it isnt a sensible trade then we just dont do it.

Talls are a baron wasteland in the afl, I’d start looking at them like qbs in the nfl, paid a lot and a lot aren’t that good

Talls are everywhere. They just play midfield as well now. Key position players are the challenge. Curnow is shorter than Hustwaite.

One would hope so.

Wanting to go home for his young family is a position I think we can all respect.

Only wanting WC, to play with Liam Ryan...I would think less so

No, I can respect it. I’m sure his management spoke to both clubs and he’s chosen WCE. If we had a kid coming back to Vic who only wanted to play with us I’m sure we wouldn’t ‘respect’ if the Bombers started playing footsies with the player just in case the deal fell apart.

No-one would trade 2 picks and 3 players for a single pick. We'd end up needing to take dead picks at the end of the draft just to make the minimum list size.

If it isnt a sensible trade then we just dont do it.
AFL has set the precedent with North Melbourne. Irresponsible, high risk trading is always the best option for a rebuilding side.

If we overreach and end up going backwards as a result then we just put our hand out for some free first rounders.

So Brocky wants to get back to WA for family reasons.

Is Freo also a realistic destination?

If Freo are not interested and WC offer nothing, the only leverage that I can see that the Hawks can control is to say to Brockman “We have reconsidered our position, we really want you to stay and we have doubled our previous offer. Will that help?” That sort of money would buy a lot of plane tickets and air BnB stays for family members.

DGB
Brockman
Newcombe
Day
Pick 3
Future 1st
Future 2nd

Pick 1 and future 4th coming back

"The AFL tonight are considering sanctioning Hawthorn for their continual lowballing of clubs during the trade period.

Sources close to the AFL are considering draft sanctions. More to come."

images

A quick update on where we're at before the trading period opens on Monday.
This is what we're discussing NOT what will get done. If it does, it does. Etc.
We're having some serious chats to WCE regarding pick 1. Pick 3 and F1 but they also want an established played like a Ward (I said like a Ward not necessarily Ward himself but he's in their mix). A couple of other players have been mentioned, DGB hasn't been.
WC want Brocky to be done separately but we're pushing for a 2nd.

We're holding firm with Tigers for their 2nd for Kosi. He's definitely going just remains to be seen what we'll agree on.

We're not seriously discussing Haynes at this point.

We have been talking to GC about their 1st but this has now been put on the backburner a little.

Our focus from Monday will firstly be to secure equitable trades for D'Ambrosio & Chol then see what we can get for Kosi & Brocky.

This is what we want but what actually happens is a matter of we'll see. We might get unders, might get overs, depends how the trading goes.

Expect lots of talk from Monday but don't expect anything to get done before late next week at earliest. If anything I'd expect the Kosi trade to be agreed first.

That's it, have fun. Most of this is what you already knew or suspected which just proves those media rats are bound to hit targets if they fire enough shells willy-nilly.

Edit: I'm not at liberty to discuss those other players WC are asking about. All I can say is Ward is one, DGB is not.

We're having some serious chats to WCE regarding pick 1. Pick 3 and F1 but they also want an established played like a Ward (I said like a Ward not necessarily Ward himself but he's in their mix). A couple of other players have been mentioned, DGB hasn't been.

We're holding firm with Tigers for their 2nd for Kosi. He's definitely going just remains to be seen what we'll agree on.

We have been talking to GC about their 1st but this has now been put on the backburner a little.

Our focus from Monday will firstly be to secure equitable trades for D'Ambrosio & Chol then see what we can get for Kosi & Brocky.

This is what we want but what actually happens is a matter of we'll see. We might get unders, might get overs, depends how the trading goes.

Expect lots of talk from Monday but don't expect anything to get done before late next week at earliest. If anything I'd expect the Kosi trade to be agreed first.

That's it, have fun. Most of this is what you already knew or suspected which just proves those media rats are bound to hit targets if they fire enough shells willy-nilly.

Edit: I'm not at liberty to discuss those other players WC are asking about. All I can say is Ward is one, DGB is not.
Appreciate the post. I would be very surprised if Ward would agree to move to Perth. I might hit up a family member for some intel on that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing Brocky does is keep the lines open between hawks and eagles, if that’s even needed

Thinking out loud, where’s the eagles tpp at?
I’d say they have a fair amount of room.
They don’t have any decent players.

Prob the only mistake they’ve made $$$ wise would be Darling. He’s paid way too much for an average footballer

Got a genuine question for anyone that may know.
Pick 56 is worth 194 points pick 3 is worth 2234points so if WC offer pick 56 and we reject it and that takes us into deficit next year, if we finish in the same position do you just take 194 off of 2234 which gives us 2040 points 6 points ahead of pick 4 so we would stay in the same spot ( pick 3)?

If GWS are willing to pay half his salary, he will stay with GWS.

No club wants Haynes the player.

And if GWS thinks they can do a ‘Salary dump Lite’ for a pick in the 40s, ain’t happening.
This is exactly what they're saying.

They think they'll pass his salary off and a late pick worth nothing.

Not happening GWS. Enjoy the Hayne Plane

We won’t do a Trent Croad with Ward - not a chance in the world - club love him. I think another young player may be put forward though, just no idea who

Oh and finally, regarding the draft. If everything stays as is (pick 3) we're 90% sold on Duursma right now (bearing in mind that 'right now' is still over a month away from the draft), and we've committed to McCabe that we're taking him. We're not chasing Tew but if we get some more picks and he falls into our lap we'll take him.
We're more keen on Dear.

He wouldn’t have the value. If we are being completely honest the players who would have first round pick value on our list are Sicily, Newcombe, Day, Lewis, Ward, McKenzie, Weddle. McDonald.

The following would be second round pick value: CJ, Scrimshaw, Worpel, Nash, Reeves, Amon, Hardwick, Moore, Meek

DGB is hard to value. On output he’s worth very little but he was an early pick.

Interesting week or so ahead

Last edited:
He wouldn’t have the value. If we are being completely honest the players who would have first round pick value on our list are Sicily, Newcombe, Day, Lewis, Ward, McKenzie, Weddle.

The following would be second round pick value: CJ, Scrimshaw, Worpel, Nash, Reeves, Amon, Hardwick, Moore, Meek

DGB is hard to value. On output he’s worth very little but he was an early pick.

Interesting week or so ahead
What about Meek? They were pretty keen on him when we got him last year

So Brocky wants to get back to WA for family reasons.

Is Freo also a realistic destination?
I think HFC would be keeping Dockers close.
If eagles don’t offer something at least a little reasonable, we’d surely have to ask Dockers what they’d offer.
I know PSD yada yada, but I’m sure the decent run clubs, WCE/Haw/Syd would prefer not to get to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back