Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I may be the boring type but I'd rather keep pick 3 and any of our 1st rounders the last 3 years, not offer ridiculous overs for pick 1 and not pay through the roof for Smith when he wouldn't solve our biggest issue........a key forward! And before anyone says anything, Chol is speculative at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralph cannot be that daft can he? Hawks wanted Kosy to stay, GC told Chol to look for a new home.

Bang, that’s why those two players are valued that way.
Except he is.
He has proven time and time again to know very little of how the machinations of the AFL work.
He's a well connected moron who fell arse over tit into a job and has been ingrained into our sporting zeitgeist because the AFL media landscape is a boys club full of self-serving w***ers.
Sad fact is people like him and BT SHOULD be out of job but won't be until they cop a scandal (though Tom Morris showed that even that won't stop some) or are too infirmed to be rolled out.

Would like the club to have a crack at Ginnivan if they haven't already.

Also all this talk about what we offered Chol who is in a totally different situation and no talk from the media about the offer Richmond has put in front of Kosi is classic media bias.

Apparently Taylor Adams is worth pick 23.

Yet Tom Mitchell was only worth a pick in the 40s, Jordan Lewis was only a pick in the 50s, Isaac Smith was a comp pick in the 40s, etc

I feel Hawthorn players are always undervalued externally.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yet Tom Mitchell was only worth a pick in the 40s, Jordan Lewis was only a pick in the 50s, Isaac Smith was a comp pick in the 40s, etc

No way he’s worth more than Mitchell.

Even our own supporters now value our own at less than other clubs. Harden up people...Sleepy Mark is the man.

It might also be posturing, ask for 25, accept something in the 30s.
100% it is, it's all part of the haggling process. We aren't going to come out and say he's worth around pick 45 (Richmond's next pick is 48 I believe).

The hope is Richmond are either silly enough to give us Pick 27 or Richmond deal with another club and possibly give something in between 27 and 48 to pass onto us.

All clubs do this so I don't know why people get their knickers in a twist when the intial asking price for a player is so high.

All this Harley talk is quite funny.

Eagles don’t want the risk attached to Harley. You would think that their rebuild will follow the Adelaide rebuild model by targeting local talent. Curtin is that local talent.

Asking for the world when deep down that want to avoid Harley is just part of the game.
Most Eagles fans on here would be pretty despondent if we traded down just to select Curtin.
That would be one way to indicate that our list manager has no idea about the deficiencies on our list and that our rebuild is dependent on WA talent (of which there is hardly any next year).

Not sure why we would want to avoid picking Reid. He is exactly what we need in our team and has admitted his willingness to relocate.
I had the opportunity to chat to him during the Pioneers B&F two weeks and he indicated that he would be pretty excited to play for West Coast, don the no 9 and reunite with Noah Long (his teammate from last year). Now he might've been lying to me, but everyone at the club thinks he's a straight shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back