Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise I think Ginnavin going to the races was entirely okay don’t you? 🤷‍♂️

I’m not disagreeing with you

I see Anthony going to jail as being a big catalyst for change, his story isn't so much that he committed the crime, but that he turned his life around because of it.

Ginnivan broke team rules, on a Grand Final eve no less. He's supposed to be living for that game. Instead, he's off to the races...

Massive fail. There's been no turning point for him yet. No sign of it coming either.

Yeom the races in isolation aren't bad. But Racetracks can be pretty seedy places for any number of reasons. Bad things can happen there.

Which brings his case to this point: you'd have to be a fool to think that Collingwood especially don't know that AFL players out in public after dark tend to run into trouble.

Imagine if something happened to JG, and there was a media storm about it right before the Grand Final.

Would be the dumbest episode in recent footballing memory.

If we could steal the Tiger's F2 (received from Port) and send that for Chol and trade Ryan for Gunners & Lions F2 and trade it for Ginnivan, we're able to conserve our own F2 and Pick 33 as well

So, a bit of talk about thatcher and dursma swap. It went up on the afl sites on day 1 and was then taken down 5 mins later.
It's already done, with an exchange of picks as sweeteners

Starship Troopers GIF

1000, here we come!
would you like to know more starship troopers GIF

Can’t Essendon just offer him a spot on the primary list and then this avenue is not available anymore?
Not if Massi and his manager have their phones turned off… 😉. Or they happen to be going through a tunnel and the phone cuts out… ..I..ca..t…hea… bzzzzzz.
Seriously though, as others have said, such a move by Dodo would clearly be to Massi’s detriment and the AFL or AFL players association would knock that on the head.

There’s just no way. We are so thin up forward and we just don’t know how good he can be yet. It wouldn’t make any sense.

I see it as a win win for everyone involved.

Gets Ryan some job security and possibly set him up financially in the short term.
We get to cash in on a 2nd round MSD selection.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is pushing this moreso than us. Can't begrudge a guy to take on 3 years on what is likely double the money when he only has 1 on a speculative MSD contract.

There’s just no way. We are so thin up forward and we just don’t know how good he can be yet. It wouldn’t make any sense.
It would make sense. Lewis, Chol, Gunston (and maybe Meek & Ramsden). Yes, we're kinda thin in terms of pure key forwards, but we're still rebuilding and we will get Dear and McCabe (potentially Curtin as well) to add to our key position stocks. We'll defo need to hunt a key forward MSD maybe but I think we have other priorities right now. Ryan won't make a huge difference for us I wouldn't think.

So GCS fine to part with Hollands for a future 3rd but Chol no we * Hawthorn. Its an interesting approach by GCS to other clubs compared to us. The JOM trade still burns. Its the only explanation
Insane negotiation this one. Assumed it would have been done 10 days ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumours of more talks re Smith were just that - rumours.
Good to know, I'd be worried if they could hide something that big from me :)

So, it took us 8 days to trade Brocky for 44 & 63, and we've now got 10 hours to trade for Chol, Ginnivan, Gunston & Massimo and deal out Kosi.
Like I said - fun
My stab at what will happen…
Kozi for 41
Chol, 38,74 for 33,41 values at 36
Massimo free agent or lose him
Gunston, f1 for Ryan,f3
Ginnivan,f3 for f2
In Chol Massimo Gunston Ginnivan
Out brockman Kozi Ryan
2023: 4,38,44,54,63,74
2024: f1,f1(lions),f3(pies),f4

I see Anthony going to jail as being a big catalyst for change, his story isn't so much that he committed the crime, but that he turned his life around because of it.

Ginnivan broke team rules, on a Grand Final eve no less. He's supposed to be living for that game. Instead, he's off to the races...

Massive fail. There's been no turning point for him yet. No sign of it coming either.

Yeom the races in isolation aren't bad. But Racetracks can be pretty seedy places for any number of reasons. Bad things can happen there.

Which brings his case to this point: you'd have to be a fool to think that Collingwood especially don't know that AFL players out in public after dark tend to run into trouble.

Imagine if something happened to JG, and there was a media storm about it right before the Grand Final.

Are you a Mormon?

He went to the races ffs.
It's not much different to going to watch the footy.

I've heard him interviewed where he said "Nerves have never been a thing for me" (great quality in a goalkicker btw) so probably to him it wasn't any different to any other Friday.

Did he play basketball growing up…?
Agreed. Ginnivan is just a different kind of cat much like Dennis Rodman was / is. Sh*t the Bulls used to let him fly to Vegas for a midseason vacation before then coming back to destroy the likes of Karl Malone and Shawn Kemp 😂
True but you could argue that there’s no way that Ginnivan is as much value to whoever he ends up playing for as what Rodman was to the bulls . If we do get him hopefully there’s behavioural clauses so if there’s another cocaine incident or any other dumb behaviour he can be punted straight away .

Written by Robbo

Jack Ginnivan was supposed to be basking in the glory of being a premiership player, yet dark clouds settled over him pretty damn quickly.

Barely an hour after Collingwood’s triumph, coach Craig McRae expressed disappointment in Ginnivan attending the races at Moonee Valley the night before with a mate who had a horse racing.

Ginnivan was at home at the time and with youthful exuberance he thought why not.

McRae doubled down a few days later, albeit he tried to be open-minded.

The coach didn’t nail Ginnivan to the cross, but you have to wonder if he would’ve been so open-minded if the Magpies lost the grand final.

Perhaps then he would’ve had a mallet in his hand.

Ginnivan is an individual, a rascal if you like, in a team environment and coaches frown when they believe an individual has put himself above the team ethos.

Would any other player at Collingwood — or any player at any other club to be frank — venture to the track the night before the biggest game of their lives?

Ginnivan naively thought of himself ahead of the team.

It wasn’t smart. Not even for a young man of 20. At that age, he should’ve known what’s acceptable and not acceptable for a professional footballer.

Young men need rope in this crazy modern world, but Ginnivan stretched that rope to breaking point.

It was written last week there was tension between Ginnivan and Collingwood.

His management denied it, and Collingwood as recently as Monday said he would remain a Collingwood player.

Still, as well as twice dressing down Ginnivan publicly, McRae read part of the riot act to him privately.

McRae is a cuddler, but as Nathan Buckley recently noted, McRae is also a fierce competitor.

And competitors want discipline and commitment. When you’re a coach, they want a team-first attitude.

Ginnivan was, friends say, confused by the fallout and clearly it has played a role in him wanting out of Collingwood.

The Valley visit was ticked off by Magpies chief executive Craig Kelly, yet the coach took umbrage.

It might’ve ended there, except Ginnivan and the Valley people took advantage of the negative publicity.

Ginnivan was signed up to be Cox Plate ambassador.

It’s believed he was paid $10,000 for the photo op, of him wearing silks and cradling the Cox Plate trophy.

It wasn’t so much a finger to the coach, but by then it’s safe to assume that Ginnivan didn’t care or consider how the Pies would respond to the “me, me, me” publicity.

And they did.

Coincidence maybe, but Collingwood went after Fremantle’s Lachie Schultz — and landed him — and, guess what, he plays the same forward role as Ginnivan.

Maybe he didn’t read the room when he went to the races, but Ginnivan clearly read the room when Schultz signed.

He is now exploring a possible trade to Hawthorn.

As much as Collingwood was disappointed in Ginnivan for his pre grand final adventure, Ginnivan lost faith after the mixed messages from the Magpies.

And he was piqued by the dressing down from McRae.

Friends say the relationship between Ginnivan and McRae isn’t what it was.

It seems highly unlikely the Pies will strive to keep him.

In some ways, and despite his popularity with teammates and fans, he will now be Hawthorn’s problem child.

And until he pulls his head in and accepts that a professional footballer must have boundaries, he will remain a problem child.
I farken hate this mindset from coaches. So outdated.

One player unwinds by spending a few hours watching Netflix - alright. Another player unwinds by watching some horses race - not alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back