Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange crowd at the G. So many empty seats in the afl and enpty seats on level 4 that have been reserved in the Shane Warne stand.
Looks around 70-75 to me.

Third biggest crowd at Engie. The record crowd was 8308 in 2016
That year seems to be an outlier for some reason.

8308 Sat 14-May-2016 4:35 PM
8022 Sat 01-Apr-2017 4:35 PM
7131 Sat 09-Jun-2018 4:35 PM
7581 Sat 01-Jun-2019 1:45 PM
4014 Sat 02-Apr-2022 4:35 PM
8013 Sat 20-July 2024 1:45 PM

Seems to have gone on a downhill trajectory bottoming out in 2018 and now it's on an upward trajectory.

I will go out on a limb and say the base now is a much more stable and passionate base that will be built upon.

Still would've liked another 1k for today's numbers but it's better than other posters who keep claiming our base is closer to 5-6k.

Still plenty of growth to go 👍

Last edited:
Looks early 70,000’s but you really don’t know with Hawthorn games given level 1 and 2 is always less full than for other teams (especially in the rain)

Still a pretty good rock up given the weather
I’ve always thought that hawthorn have too many reserved bays on level 1.
When you type in HAWKSBAY into Ticketek it shows all the seats that haven’t been sold and it must be around 30-40% of the bays.

This was a massive statement from the Hawks players & fans! Great turn out. More fans to this game than Geel/Coll is a big effort too!
Collingwood Richmond crowd next week is going to be really interesting. Depending on weather it could be below 60

This was a massive statement from the Hawks players & fans! Great turn out. More fans to this game than Geel/Coll is a big effort too!
I reckon the weather robbed today of a 75,000 or even 80,000 crowd. But I’ve said it for weeks, the Carlton v Hawthorn matches will be enormous no matter if Hawthorn is in contention or not. Its a Hawthorn member replacement game and in the 1.10pm Sunday slot.

That game has outdrawn Coll / Geel / Ess v Hawthorn the last two years BEFORE Carlton’s rise (66,300 in 2022 and 2023).

If the stars align that could be 85,000.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the weather robbed today of a 75,000 or even 80,000 crowd. But I’ve said it for weeks, the Carlton v Hawthorn matches will be enormous no matter if Hawthorn is in contention or not. Its a Hawthorn member replacement game and in the 1.10pm Sunday slot. That game has outdrawn Coll / Geel / Ess v Hawthorn the last two years BEFORE Carlton’s rise (66,300 in 2022 and 2023).

If the stars align that could be 85,000.
This is true, it will draw very well you’d think.

I thought my memory was playing games with me. The Hawks / Bombers actually outdrew Hawks / Blues (68.6k v 66.3K) in 2023 whilst in 2022 Bombers game was at Marvel. Interestingly both the Hawks / Blues games in 2022/23 drew sane crowds (66.3K) if you can believe that!

With MCC expanded access of their reserve, these blockbusters like Hawks / Blues can now draw record crowds like ~85,000 when previously highly unlikely. Just as Carlton / Geelong drew 88k this year too.

This is true, it will draw very well you’d think.

I thought my memory was playing games with me. The Hawks / Bombers actually outdrew Hawks / Blues (68.6k v 66.3K) in 2023 whilst in 2022 Bombers game was at Marvel. Interestingly both the Hawks / Blues games in 2022/23 drew sane crowds (66.3K) if you can believe that!

With MCC expanded access of their reserve, these blockbusters like Hawks / Blues can now draw record crowds like ~85,000 when previously highly unlikely. Just as Carlton / Geelong drew 88k this year too.
Good point! I missed that

Still a shot at a Essendon v Hawthorn EF too!

74,171. Very good with the weather

That’s a phenomenal number in those conditions. Just compare and contrast with the same venue 7 days ago.

It was Hawthorn’s 9th highest home crowd. It would’ve only taken another 4k or so to be the 3rd highest so the weather alone probably denied them that.

Collingwood Richmond crowd next week is going to be really interesting. Depending on weather it could be below 60
I'm tipping low 60s given we're out of sorts and Richmond supporters have essentially tuned out for the season.

The family friendly 1.10 slot will help though.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back