AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah...it'd be an amazing effort to win today. Skills are abysmal even for the conditions, outnumbered regularly, and trying to play dry weather footy in slippery conditions.

As much as she hasn't been in the best form, we're missing the presence of Prespakis around the ball

I know they've tried throwing Webster into the guts, but I'd be tempted to throw Kearns in there and see what she can do - we know she won't take a backward step

Coach isn't out on the field

Players need to take responsibility for their execution & decision making

Coach needs to take responsibility for for setting us to play a running game of half back in slippery conditions.

We lack big bodies in the midfield particularly with Pres out and we go with a bunch of small players in the guts in wet conditions when it’s going to be crash and bash. It took more the halfway in the 2nd qtr to throw Webster in the middle.

Naive coaching at best.

As much as she hasn't been in the best form, we're missing the presence of Prespakis around the ball

I know they've tried throwing Webster into the guts, but I'd be tempted to throw Kearns in there and see what she can do - we know she won't take a backward step

I'd put Bowen in there too. At least her tackles are sticking. Can't say the same about several of her teammates.

Coach needs to take responsibility for for setting us to play a running game of half back in slippery conditions.

We lack big bodies in the midfield particularly with Pres out and we go with a bunch of small players in the guts in wet conditions when it’s going to be crash and bash. It took more the halfway in the 2nd qtr to throw Webster in the middle.

Naive coaching at best.

We haven't exactly gone small in the guts though - neither Morrison & McDonald are small players, they're comparable with Prespakis and in the women's game are good sizes for mids

Webster isn't one I wouldn't necessarily throw in the middle - think she is better suited to the backline and bringing the ball out from there

I'd go Kearns who loves the contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor workrate.

Regardless what happens between now and the end of the match, surely it's pretty chest that the coaches need to show some ruthlessness at selection table on Thursday night to show that some of these efforts just haven't been good enough

We're not getting enough from the veterans today

Are we really going to get less from O'Rourke then we've been getting from Shelley

I know Kate Kenny has been a good story, but she's been found out a bit after the first week and no real impact today - so why not get a look at someone like Thorne or Mason

Plummer has struggled to get into either game - tell her to play with the same approach as J-CG, hunt the opposition, bring the pressure and just be a menace to the opposition

When Darcy Moloney has a poor game she’s horrendous.
Needs too close the gap between her best and worse.

The mids /backs launch it from to far back = poor I 50s .
Forwards get less of a chance .

That's my 25 cents worth .

I'd agree it's been poor coaching to be honest, haven't been set up to handle the conditions or opposition at all.
We look slow, sloppy and like they are just expecting it to happen... Absolute stinker

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back