Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayle Gerreyn (WP) is the son of a very fine WAFL player named Chris Gerreyn, who played 71 league games.

Caylon Seelander (S) is the son of Leroy Jetta, the 93 game AFL/Essendon player.

Jack Wooden (WP) is the son of former WCE Josh, who played 86 WAFL games and 96 AFL matches for West Coast.

Lukas Jakovich (PT) is the son (I'm pretty sure - or a nephew) of electricfying AFL superstar Allen who kicked an amazing 208 goals from 54 games. One of the most exciting and naturally gifted players to grace an AFL ground. (See his youtube highlights)

Kayle Gerreyn (WP) is the son of a very fine WAFL player named Chris Gerreyn, who played 71 league games.

Chris Gerreyn, I believe, was taken in one of the early VFL drafts.

River Stevens - Anthony Stevens son pretty sure hes eligible next year

Herbert played pretty well again today in a close loss. 20 touches and 1 goal plus an absolute screamer. Should get a full year in the SANFL next year as well which will prepare him nicely.
Excellent game by Kade Herbert. A class act, very skilful, very astute footy IQ. Has improved every league game, it's a pity his league season has ended, will most probably go back for the under 18 finals.

Excellent game by Kade Herbert. A class act, very skilful, very astute footy IQ. Has improved every league game, it's a pity his league season has ended, will most probably go back for the under 18 finals.

Yeah I have him a lot higher than most. Already playing league as a 17 year old and playing better than most of the 18 year top rated players playing league

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, his footy IQ really stands out. He thinks like an AFL footballer already. Think he will be ready to go round 1 2025 after he's drafted. First round without question.

Chris Gerreyn, I believe, was taken in one of the early VFL drafts.

If my memory serves me right - Hawthorn 1992.
Lump of a lad 200cm and 95 kg.
Never played an AFL game.
Good WAFL player.

Original from Claremont, then defected to East Perth…. He played for East Perth in the 1996 Grand Final when they lost to Claremont by 4 points.
Revenge is dish best served cold. lol 😉

Last edited:
The usual family ties post.

Eligible F/S:

Levi Ashcroft. (Marcus, Brisbane.)
Ky Burgoyne. (Shaun, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn.)
Rome Burgoyne. (Peter, Port Adelaide.) (Also brother of Trent and Jase.)
Ben and Lucas Camporeale. (Scott, Carlton.) (Ineligible for Essendon.)
Noah Caracella. (Blake, Essendon.) (Ineligible for Brisbane or Collingwood.)
Charlie Crawford. (Shane, Hawthorn.) (Also, nephew of Sydney's and Hawthorn's Justin Crawford.)
Boston Everitt. (Peter, St Kilda.) (Ineligible for Hawthorn and Sydney.)
Louie Montgomery. (Brett, Port Adelaide.) (Ineligible for Footscray.)
Noah Yze. (Adem, Melbourne.)

Ineligible F/S:

Tom Cochrane. (Stuart, North Melbourne and Port Adelaide.)
Kayle Gerreyn. (Chris, Hawthorn but 0 games.)
Caylon Seelander. (Leroy Jetta, Essendon.)
Tom Tasker. (Sean, Adelaide.)
Jack Wooden. (Josh, West Coast.)

Siblings:

Sid Draper. (Arlo, Collingwood.)
Ashton Warner. (Chad and Corey, Sydney.)

Grandsons:

Charlie Richardson. (Kevin Bartlett, Richmond.)
Luke Trainor. (Doug Wade, Geelong and North Melbourne.)

Other:

Sam Fanning. (Great-grandson of Fred Fanning, Melbourne.)
Zai Millane. (Nephew of Darren Millane, Collingwood.)

Tyler Welsh's section.

Father, Scott Welsh. (Eligible for Adelaide but not North Melbourne and Footscray.)
Related to ex Tiger Ben Moore and ex Roo Kym Hodgeman.

Bo Allan's section.

Father, Ben Allan. (Hawthorn, Fremantle.)
Brother, Ed Allan. (Collingwood.)
Distant cousin, Peter Mann. (North Melbourne, Fremantle.)

Taj Hotton's section.

Father, Trent. (Collingwood, Carlton.)
Brother, Olli. (St Kilda.)​
Red, you will need to update this. Sam Fanning is no relation to Fred Fanning. Popular misconception!

Watched Oakleigh v Gippsland. Was half way to Morwell so made the additional 30min drive. Shocking conditions, blowing a massive westerly straight across the ground and made for a scrappy game. Focusing on Oakleigh bottom agers. Retschko, Finn, Jagger and Tom Gross all very good through the midfield. Charlie Richardson along with Jagger and Tom Gross all kicked 2 goals each. Charlie and Tom both dropped long bombs defying the hurricane wind to get the win. Retschko on the stats had 41. Those numbers may have been padded a bit by kick ins and rushed disposals in the mass of contests that took place. However he was really good, ran hard and created.
Watched Oakleigh v Sandy again focusing on bottom age kids especially Oakleigh. As per the previous week Finn, Jagga and Retschko great through the midfield and Charlie Richardson again impressed me with his run and efforts up forward. Oakleigh are going to be very good next year.
Sandy b/a boys Levi was the standout. Murphy Reid a quiet game by his standards. Harrison Oliver very quiet and Luke Trainor went off with a bad concussion. Overheard a few Sandy parents bemoaning the selfishness of a few of their senior players.

River Stevens - Anthony Stevens son pretty sure hes eligible next year
Had a good game for the Falcons on the weekend. 3 goals from 15 disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Oakleigh v Sandy again focusing on bottom age kids especially Oakleigh. As per the previous week Finn, Jagga and Retschko great through the midfield and Charlie Richardson again impressed me with his run and efforts up forward. Oakleigh are going to be very good next year.
Sandy b/a boys Levi was the standout. Murphy Reid a quiet game by his standards. Harrison Oliver very quiet and Luke Trainor went off with a bad concussion. Overheard a few Sandy parents bemoaning the selfishness of a few of their senior players.
Do you think Levi has the talent to be as good as his big brother Tivva?

Do you think Levi has the talent to be as good as his big brother Tivva?
Levi is much smaller than Will and by looks is done growing so may be limited scope for development. Just my opinion, I think he will be a competent AFL player just not sure he has the physical tools to much more than that. Think Will Phillips at Kangas.

The usual family ties post.

Eligible F/S:

Levi Ashcroft. (Marcus, Brisbane.)
Ky Burgoyne. (Shaun, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn.)
Rome Burgoyne. (Peter, Port Adelaide.) (Also brother of Trent and Jase.)
Ben and Lucas Camporeale. (Scott, Carlton.) (Ineligible for Essendon.)
Noah Caracella. (Blake, Essendon.) (Ineligible for Brisbane or Collingwood.)
Charlie Crawford. (Shane, Hawthorn.) (Also, nephew of Sydney's and Hawthorn's Justin Crawford.)
Boston Everitt. (Peter, St Kilda.) (Ineligible for Hawthorn and Sydney.)
Louie Montgomery. (Brett, Port Adelaide.) (Ineligible for Footscray.)
Noah Yze. (Adem, Melbourne.)

Ineligible F/S:

Tom Cochrane. (Stuart, North Melbourne and Port Adelaide.)
Kayle Gerreyn. (Chris, Hawthorn but 0 games.)
Caylon Seelander. (Leroy Jetta, Essendon.)
Tom Tasker. (Sean, Adelaide.)
Jack Wooden. (Josh, West Coast.)

Siblings:

Sid Draper. (Arlo, Collingwood.)
Ashton Warner. (Chad and Corey, Sydney.)

Grandsons:

Charlie Richardson. (Kevin Bartlett, Richmond.)
Luke Trainor. (Doug Wade, Geelong and North Melbourne.)

Other:

Zai Millane. (Nephew of Darren Millane, Collingwood.)

Tyler Welsh's section.

Father, Scott Welsh. (Eligible for Adelaide but not North Melbourne and Footscray.)
Related to ex Tiger Ben Moore and ex Roo Kym Hodgeman.

Bo Allan's section.

Father, Ben Allan. (Hawthorn, Fremantle.)
Brother, Ed Allan. (Collingwood.)
Distant cousin, Peter Mann. (North Melbourne, Fremantle.)

Taj Hotton's section.

Father, Trent. (Collingwood, Carlton.)
Brother, Olli. (St Kilda.)​
Joe Kennedy (Matthew, Brisbane) (Also grandson of Des, St Kilda) (GC Suns academy member) should be added to this list.

Saint have Elwood Peckett and I think Shane wakelins kid who is eligible to both us and port next year.

If it's St Kilda and Port it'd be DARRYL Wakelin's kid Gillon. (2025 eligible.)

Levi is much smaller than Will and by looks is done growing so may be limited scope for development. Just my opinion, I think he will be a competent AFL player just not sure he has the physical tools to much more than that. Think Will Phillips at Kangas.
Not sure when you last saw the two standing next to each other.

Levi is about a centimetre shorter, but has a broader build, just hasn’t hit the gym like Will has.

Looks like he’ll be a natural Dayne Zorko replacement in the future.

Not sure when you last saw the two standing next to each other.

Levi is about a centimetre shorter, but has a broader build, just hasn’t hit the gym like Will has.

Looks like he’ll be a natural Dayne Zorko replacement in the future.
Have seen them together in person numerous times. He is a lot smaller. But Levi is fully developed. Was the same height at u15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back