Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering we traded out of it and still got Kaleb Smith and Seth Campbell (and Steely Green) I reckon we did well.
The trade for Taranto wasnā€™t bad. Shouldnā€™t have done it tho. The one for Hopper was just plain stupid with him being a FA the following year.

Missing out on a genuine A grade talent such as Caddy hurts. Dimma and recruiting staff have held your club back for a long time. WCE 2.0 coming up

The trade for Taranto wasnā€™t bad. Shouldnā€™t have done it tho. The one for Hopper was just plain stupid with him being a FA the following year.

Missing out on a genuine A grade talent such as Caddy hurts. Dimma and recruiting staff have held your club back for a long time. WCE 2.0 coming up
Yeah we should have got Adrian Dodoro in as recruiting manager as well but we canā€™t all be as perfect as the Bombers. How about winning a final or two before handing out too much advice Dud.

Your username tells me everything I need to know about the wisdom of list management

To early to tell but looks like 2022 is a very weak draft at this stage
At the top end I think it's pretty good. does drop away badly after 21 though

1. Cadman - Hasn't been amazing but he's a key fwd, they need time. Suspect he is a good player in long run
2. Ashcroft - gun
3. Sheezel - exceptional
4. Wardlaw - gun
5. Tsatas - underwhelming to-date
6. Humphrey - projects as a high level player
7. McKenzie - projects as a high level player
8. Clark - jury's out
9. Ginbey - likely a solid player but not gun
10. Phillipou - shown enough now to suggest he can be very good
11. Hollands - likely a solid player but not gun
12. Fletcher - looks to be a pretty good player
13. Busslinger - Hasn't played yet but given he's a tall we give him more time & has been dominating VFL. Certainly not in bust territory at this point
14. Hewett - injuries have ruined this year but if fit I think will be very good

Then in the next 7 there's:
17. Michalanney - projects as a very good medium def
18. Weddle - already showing he'll be a very good player
21. Jones - looks a gun small fwd

Yeah we should have got Adrian Dodoro in as recruiting manager as well but we canā€™t all be as perfect as the Bombers. How about winning a final or two before handing out too much advice Dud.
Oh ik we are no good. Think tigers bandwagon supporters need to realise theyā€™re gonna be bottom 4 for at least half a decade.

Now that weā€™re getting to the pointy end of things, weā€™ll be seeing a lot more ranking threads and mock drafts on here. So I thought some advice to the next generation would be helpfulā€¦

Top tip #1 - a surprise at the top

Donā€™t go too crazy, but draw your readers in with a shock and claim a top 10 fancy as ā€˜your boyā€™. Maybe itā€™s a Sam Lalor or Murphy Reid at #1 this year.

Top tip #2 - drop someone down just for fun

And donā€™t forget to have weak explanation for it like ā€˜I just donā€™t see any elite areas to Oā€™Sullivanā€™s gameā€™ or ā€˜Jagga doesnā€™t have the hurt factorā€™. Buzz terms are your friend here.

Top tip #3 - just hit random now

Copy down Twomeyā€™s rankings and just randomise his top 10. Youā€™ve made your point of difference already.

Top tip #4 - Academy and F/S discussion

The best way to get your thread some traction is to anger a supporter base. So devalue a linked player. ā€˜Welsh is an in between player who wonā€™t find a role at the top levelā€™ or ā€˜Camporeale canā€™t kickā€™.

Top tip #5 - round out the top 25 with a couple more smokies

Pick your favourite second tier KPP, or just a random one, and bump them up around 20. Maybe put them above the Whitlock twins to really ram home how much you rate them. And claim a small has high upside, maybe someone like a Jasper Alger, and just whack them in there.

And now youā€™re a BigFooty draft expert. Nothing left to do now but sit back and let the ESPN cheques roll in.

Now that weā€™re getting to the pointy end of things, weā€™ll be seeing a lot more ranking threads and mock drafts on here. So I thought some advice to the next generation would be helpfulā€¦

Donā€™t go too crazy, but draw your readers in with a shock and claim a top 10 fancy as ā€˜your boyā€™. Maybe itā€™s a Sam Lalor or Murphy Reid at #1 this year.

And donā€™t forget to have weak explanation for it like ā€˜I just donā€™t see any elite areas to Oā€™Sullivanā€™s gameā€™ or ā€˜Jagga doesnā€™t have the hurt factorā€™. Buzz terms are your friend here.

Copy down Twomeyā€™s rankings and just randomise his top 10. Youā€™ve made your point of difference already.

The best way to get your thread some traction is to anger a supporter base. So devalue a linked player. ā€˜Welsh is an in between player who wonā€™t find a role at the top levelā€™ or ā€˜Camporeale canā€™t kickā€™.

Pick your favourite second tier KPP, or just a random one, and bump them up around 20. Maybe put them above the Whitlock twins to really ram home how much you rate them. And claim a small has high upside, maybe someone like a Jasper Alger, and just whack them in there.

And now youā€™re a BigFooty draft expert. Nothing left to do now but sit back and let the ESPN cheques roll in.
You are wasting your talent here ................

ESPN will call you to replace Knightmare next week

#6 - show staunch loyalty to a bang average state league player or two by having them in all your top 20s for a few years

#7 - similarly, show staunch loyalty to a couple of role players from your states championships representative side, claiming that if they were from Victoria/ Academy linked/ Father-Son Linked they'd be first rounders

#8 - Update your rankings frequently, so frequently that there's an update every page of your thread, that way you can shift players dramatically without anyone realising because they're oversaturated with your rankings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#6 - show staunch loyalty to a bang average state league player or two by having them in all your top 20s for a few years

Ah. The Jack Avery/Haiden Schloithe/Jackson Callow rule.

#7 - similarly, show staunch loyalty to a couple of role players from your states championships representative side, claiming that if they were from Victoria/ Academy linked/ Father-Son Linked they'd be first rounders

But to be fair, if the South Australians did have the exposure that the Victorians hadā€¦

#8 - Update your rankings frequently, so frequently that there's an update every page of your thread, that way you can shift players dramatically without anyone realising because they're oversaturated with your rankings
I thought the saying was "never go full Knightmare"?

I'm starting to feel a little paranoid!

settle, he has done FA

POTY candidate, a couple on the Saints board playing this game to the best of their abilities. Love it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back