Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

Essendon will be looking to move on their pick 28 or 31 when Kako is bid on as they have enough points. I would offer our Blues F2 for that which is fair and not overs. Same for Brissy & Suns but they don't have enough points and will want pick 33, so not suitable.

The trade would have to be done on Day 1, say around pick 8-10. So anyone trading for it won't know what talent is left at 28 or 31.

So unlikely any one will trade overs, we sure won't. More likely our trade will be if someone we rate has slid to a teens pick and a club is willing to take Blues F1+F4 in a deal involving F3 and the teens pick.

Can't do the above deal if F2 has traded, so only fair deals will be done and then maybe 28+33 may be offered for teens picks to get a talent we rate or just pick at 28 & 33.

I’m not even sure we will be holding Pick 33 by draft night.

Can lore's spreadsheet from this thread be edited on to your pinned post so everyone is aware of what picks are in play

Essendon will be looking to move on their pick 28 or 31 when Kako is bid on as they have enough points. I would offer our Blues F2 for that which is fair and not overs. Same for Brissy & Suns but they don't have enough points and will want pick 33, so not suitable.

The trade would have to be done on Day 1, say around pick 8-10. So anyone trading for it won't know what talent is left at 28 or 31.

So unlikely any one will trade overs, we sure won't. More likely our trade will be if someone we rate has slid to a teens pick and a club is willing to take Blues F1+F4 in a deal involving F3 and the teens pick.

Can't do the above deal if F2 has traded, so only fair deals will be done and then maybe 28+33 may be offered for teens picks to get a talent we rate or just pick at 28 & 33.

Can lore's spreadsheet from this thread be edited on to your pinned post so everyone is aware of what picks are in play

They are not going for that. If they agreed to that we'd be fleecing them. Again in the second scenario we be making off like bandits. Not a chance in hell that either of these trades materialise in a much stronger draft this year compared to next.

They are not going for that. If they agreed to that we'd be fleecing them. Again in the second scenario we be making off like bandits. Not a chance in hell that either of these trades materialise in a much stronger draft this year compared to next.
Not trading that means they will lose those picks, so who else will offer better?

Atleast with us they are moving the pick to next yr.

if they think blues will finish top 8, that is not a great deal but if not, it is a good/fair deal. Still not our problem, they will lose the pick and so any F2 offer is better than losing it. The idea for them would be to be able to trade back in after Kako bid.

So it can also be that we do F2 for their 28 and after Kako bid, their F2 for 33. We improve position at bare minimum.

I doubt someone is offering F1's, so has to be F2's. I doubt Richmond is doing that as they are doing reverse, moving their late picks to next yr. Suns may do the switcheroo with them like above it if Lombard is picked before Kako but they don't have enough points, so likely will trade their F2's/F3's for extra picks.

As of now the pick position for 2025 is below( not 2024)

1729235664293.png

The 2024 pick positions are
1729235757471.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back