Game Day 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda Saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cannot match the swans outside run. On a positive, Pou & Clarke have very been good. Steele has done an exceptional job tagging Heeney. We need to send someone to Warner, although he is probably un-taggable if I'm being honest.

Way too soft in the contest. Steele needs to lift and set the standard. Sincs oh boy mate don’t slap the oppo when they go past.

Steele is an uninspiring captain, he used to at least be a good leader on the field but now he is almost invisible out there.

Marshall is more of a leader on field with the way he plays, he isn't that good with the off field media stuff but neither is Steele.

Wilkie is the other option, he is a leader on the field and is OK with the off field stuff but having a defender as captain isn't ideal.

We cannot match the swans outside run. On a positive, Pou & Clarke have very been good. Steele has done an exceptional job tagging Heeney. We need to send someone to Warner, although he is probably un-taggable if I'm being honest.
It’s been a constant
Whether it’s Horne Francis or Butters or Swans or Dogs mids
Ball goes outside??? We are gone
Can not go with them
They just crash bash it forward then score

Steele is an uninspiring captain now, he used to at least be a good leader on the field but now he is almost invisible out there.

Marshall is more of a leader on field now with the way he plays, he isn't that good with off field media stuff but neither is Steele.

Wilkie is the other option, he is leader on the field and is OK with the off field stuff but having a defender as captain isn't ideal.

Mate, you could get a Ronald Dale out there to captain this team and would not make an iota of difference. The captaincy is not our biggest issue at the moment. The house is burning down.

Yep been banging on this for a while - watch him at training - lacks speed. Needs a sprint coach over Summer. Could be a real weapon by foot but at the top level needs to get more of the ball &be able to defend better.
Yeah look he’ll never be quick but that’s probably not a bad idea. He’s played what 3 games? It’s the kinda thing you expect tbh, pick 60ish, we know he’s not great defensively. Trust the process.

Mate, you could get a Ronald Dale out there to captain this team and would not make an iota of difference. The captaincy is not our biggest issue at the moment. The house is burning down.

You don't think someone like Nick Riewoldt would make a difference? He was our last great captain, he wouldn't put up with this.

Is this the saints home game? All the coverage is about Sydney

Has to be one of the weakest efforts that quarter that I have seen for a long time- no leadership from senior players. Looks like a bunch of individuals who would rather be somewhere else- no desire, no second efforts...gawd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think all in all we have been excellent
Bar 10minutes out of 60 the effort has been great, the first quarter was outstanding

They run very deep through the midfield
I am not sure what people expect

Yeah we could have had more composure in the last 10min but let’s see how the rest of the game pans out

You don't think someone like Nick Riewoldt would make a difference? He was our last great captain, he wouldn't put up with this.

I don’t think anyone would make a difference as a captain. The list is shite.

If you ask “would bring in a player of the calibre of StKilda’s greatest player of the 21st century add to the list….that is a different question. Right now, captaincy is not a burning platform.

I think all in all we have been excellent
Bar 10minutes out of 60 the effort has been great, the first quarter was outstanding

They run very deep through the midfield
I am not sure what people expect

Yeah we could have had more composure in the last 10min but let’s see how the rest of the game pans out

So you're happy with 28 points in a half?

Guilden skilful and quick
Heeney skilful and strong and quick
Warner skilful and quick
Rowbottom strong and equal to Windy

Versus
Clarke skilful and not quick
Steele strong bit not that quick
Windhager strong but not that quick
Henry a half forward but quick
Pou skilful bit not fast
Hill quick often skilful but not strong
Byrnes tries and that's about it.
Owens trying hard and best recovery after marking contest of anyone in side
Mason Wood excellent marking hard running winger.

We really have no excess speed from stopage like Swans have and that's the difference in the two sides.

Sad but true. Go to the draft and get two athletic mids, all the other pieces are thereabouts

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Game plan can only take you so far. If we had a better midfield the score would likely reflect our dominance for majority of that half. We really should have put more scoreboard pressure on the Swans.

Midfield is just too slow. Warner, Gulden etc are licking their lips. However, I can see the positives. Pou is playing his best game at the level and the other youngsters are showing enough to be excited about the future. How many club captains give away stupid late free kicks that result in goals. Papley’s goal is on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back