Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a massive King fan and I wouldn’t be looking to trade him and I hope it’s just been injury that has slowed him down this year.
Cooper Sharman today constantly lead up at the ball and presented as an option.
When he wasn’t marking he was bringing the ball to ground.
I want Max to play the game that Sharman played today because he has the ability to take it to another level.
Huge win today saints.

Did Butler play a defensive role on Nick Blakey?
I can't remember him tearing out of their backline.

Has easily been his best year for the Saints.
How about Battle the swing man. God I hope we can keep him. Getting better every game.
Young Wilson on the improve, Pou, Clark went ok, Henry in everything.
Got some kids

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keeping that back 6 together seems like a high priority to me. Wins are great ways to bond and it should hopefully make Battle's decision harder.

Sydney finished half a game behind us last year and apart from Grundy it's just been natural progression that pushed them well ahead.

Phillipou is a kid who is confident but early in the year looked uncertain. That win will have recharged his batteries, he seems like the type that could soar once he has a few of those types of games.

Henry the other that looked absolute top shelf. He ability to sneak out of traffic with ball in hand and create opportunity from nothing looked like something special.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet match. You would love to have had that effort for the full season. It's a soft year with no absolutely dominant side as good as Sydney are, I reckon a real spud side could pinch one this year. I'll spew if it's Essendon.

Loved the bit at the end where Membrey put in a big spoil on the wing then ran down towards D50 - but Sharman waved him away because he was the spare back there. Then Sharman was the one popping up with the big spoil on McLean with 5 seconds to go. Really good maturity from the kid.

Sharman is a clever player, he is built like a rake and looks like he has never set foot inside a gym but he is tougher than he looks.

He is never going to be as built as Fraser Gehrig but if he can put on a bit more size he will be a great forward/defender for us.

Ross rates him as he keeps giving him opportunities, I rate him too, it seems like the only one that doesn't rate him is Cairnsman

Today proved a lot of Saints fans wrong.

Dougal is still an important part of our team, I don't care what anyone says. We will either keep him or we won't let him go for cheap.

There is minimal doubt on Phillipou's potential, sky is the limit with his talent and his work ethic. No way we will consider trading him, and I don't think that's the performance of a homesick kid...

Henry has been a gun trade-in and people saying "oh he's been average" or comparing him to Billings and Gresham have eggs on their faces.

I hate to be negative toward one of the boys, but we also showed today that Battle is 100% worth letting go for band 1. We won without him having a massive influence, supporting the argument that he is not a game-changer for our next premiership tilt. To get a gun kid for him would be a great result.

That defence won the match for us. I don't know what you were watching. Not sure this draft will be that great that you need top 10 picks. I reckon it's pretty even from about pick 5 or 6 to around pick 20. If Jagga went before our pick I'd pretty disappointed because the players behind him apart from probably Trainor are pretty meh IMO.

I hope we win a few more now to make it harder for them to justify trading him and save us from ourselves.

Henry had his best game for us by heaps, looked an absolute top end talent and even his disposal looked elite.

I love it when we play with swagger. Players have looked devoid of confidence at times this season.

Seeing Pou play with confidence and composure was a beautiful thing. Long may it continue.

Howard is a must sign. The current coaches seem to have eradicated the rubbish from his game. It's no longer clouding what he's always been good at.

I want Sharman to play every week. That last spoil of his was huge.

I love Higgins. People sh*tting on him if he has a brain fade or two have got rocks in their heads.

Thought Hunter was important.

It was good to watch an exciting game of footy that we were a part of.

Great to see the players giving everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the Heeney punch to Webster.

Holy hell we havec4 umpires just for this foul play.
Total.and utter incompetence. Heenyy gets the goal, then another with Webster off.

Absolutely disgraceful from the umpires. I know there is an edict for the AFL.to give the booster clubs the rub of the green, but those two goal.almost cost us the game.

When will the AFL be brought to account over the preferential treatment these rugby state clubs ALWAYS get?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You got to beat the umpires when you play Sydney. Incredibly poor run of decisions stopped your 4 goal run. I really enjoyed watching the Saints not capitulate and stand-up and win the game.

Also enjoying watching Mason Wood - I used to sponsor him and our coaches failed in using him. Happy to see him succeed, even if it's not with North anymore.

Sharman is a clever player, he is built like a rake and looks like he has never set foot inside a gym but he is tougher than he looks.

He is never going to be as built as Fraser Gehrig but if he can put on a bit more size he will be a great forward/defender for us.

Ross rates him as he keeps giving him opportunities, I rate him too, it seems like the only one that doesn't rate him is Cairnsman

Cairnsman seems to be getting on board.

Because we have a great coach

Or Phillipou stood up playing on ball and and our sulky captain put his big boy pants on and puffed out his chest and went in like a soldier. Players like Membrey and Byrnes hit bodies like their lives were on the line and nearly everyone contributed.

What ever it was it was the most attractive footy we've played under Lyon so far. That gave me quite a bit of pride in Pride round.

He's never going to be as built as Fraser Gehrig but if he can put on a bit more size he will be a great forward/defender for us.

Ross rates him as he keeps giving him chances at AFL level, I rate him too, seems like the only one that doesn't rate him is Cairnsman
I'm looking forward to seeing if Sharamn can take his opportunity while King is out. But let's remind ourselves Sharman puts one good game in every 20 so he needs to grab his opportunity and build consistency

Meh you make the most of the good wins even when you're not going that good
Absolutely bergholt........wins like today don't come too many times in a season.

I was sitting there in that enormously chaotic last 3 mins thinking that these circumstances reminded me of the 2016 game against the Cats....at Marvel.

The man with the "Golden Eyebrows"....aka Gresham....kicked that incredible goal to get us within 3 points.....Jack Steven then did his "Maradona" soccer goal to put us in front.

The frenzied atmosphere/hang on at all costs .....feeling tonight felt the same as that game.

Anyone on here who was there that night would know what I was crapping on about.

Soak it up Sainters....enjoy the night and week.

Yeah, predicting and looking forward to draft picks in a poor season doesn't mean wins aren't enjoyed.
And they provide nutrition and confidence for the younger and mid-aged players.

6 losses by 10 or under and being 2 or 3 wins out of 8th suggests we're not as atrocious as we might felt along the way.
Although, I think atrocious is the word Burkey used to describe us last week on the ABC broadcast.

Anybody can see we need draft picks though, so nothing wrong with discussing it with no finals to look ahead to.
Whether it's 4 or 5, doesn't really matter. Doubt we'll sneak ahead of anyone other than the Crows unless the Hawks run out of steam completely. They're the only ones with a % low enough.
I'm honestly not offended by us being described as "atrocious" if it's referring to our style of play (which for the majority of the season has been almost unwatchable).

But our list (especially young talent) aren't as bad as our playing style, and that's where the two get unfairly lumped together.

I’m a massive King fan and I wouldn’t be looking to trade him and I hope it’s just been injury that has slowed him down this year.
Cooper Sharman today constantly lead up at the ball and presented as an option.
When he wasn’t marking he was bringing the ball to ground.
I want Max to play the game that Sharman played today because he has the ability to take it to another level.
Huge win today saints.
That’s why rtb and Harves need to get him up in the box with them.

Keeping that back 6 together seems like a high priority to me. Wins are great ways to bond and it should hopefully make Battle's decision harder.

Sydney finished half a game behind us last year and apart from Grundy it's just been natural progression that pushed them well ahead.

Phillipou is a kid who is confident but early in the year looked uncertain. That win will have recharged his batteries, he seems like the type that could soar once he has a few of those types of games.

Henry the other that looked absolute top shelf. He ability to sneak out of traffic with ball in hand and create opportunity from nothing looked like something special.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet match. You would love to have had that effort for the full season. It's a soft year with no absolutely dominant side as good as Sydney are, I reckon a real spud side could pinch one this year. I'll spew if it's Essendon.

100% to all points mate.

Regarding your last one, I said about 10 weeks ago that I didn't trust any of the top 8 to be a shoo in for finals and although I don't remember the ladder at that time, it is certainly turning out that way. Never have so many pretenders been riding high for so long. The shittest top 8 I can remember ever seeing (so far)

Maybe... Just maybe this might be Freo's season? Ertsinly more palatable than another cup for the Bloosers or Injectingdon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back