Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

We had 9 goals scorers.
We looked better without King.

Needs to train the Ruck position over summer to become a Ruck/Forward

King needs another trick because he's been found out at AFL level.
Yep, pretty much what you, a couple of others and myself have been saying for awhile. King looks better away from goal, and hasn't been living up to the hype as a full forward.
We're not allowed to question him apparently.
But that won't stop us hey!? 😆

What a win. Best I've seen in a long time.
Liam Henry all class, RoMo absolute star.
Lol ya'll that were writing off Mattaes at 19. Will be our best player in a couple years.
Go saints! Enjoy. Absolutely pumped.
Fun fact.....a fun post awesome win fun fact.

We slipped 30 points down .......I always use that measure for a win/loss outlook.

I think today we were the 7th side to win after slipping 30 points or more down.

GWS did it last night and the Bombers on Friday night.

It's extremely difficult to come back for that magical number.

And it would be extremely rare for 3 teams to do it on one weekend.

#I'munbelievablypumpedatm

Byrnes looked ok today, 22 touches, 3 tackles, 3 clearances, 5 score involvements, 5 intercept possessions - could be still hope for him?

His best effort was throwing his body in to crash a pair of Swans streaming forward with purpose late in the game. Looked like he stopped them and hurt himself in the process. Really tough effort. A couple of excellent inside 50s and good overall game too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like sending a player back to the seconds isn't the worst thing in the world....maybe a couple more will follow
The way it should be , anyway good game today - seeing our younger guys step up is encouraging - have to mention what Hanners said in commentary , he said he can't work out way Owens is not in the midfield / or something like that - remember he knows the players.

So many positives. But personally took some satisfaction in figjams like Papley and Warner going from smirking during half time to bewildered at the end of the game.
Absolutely. I like Chad Warner and fair enough for his smiling when it looked like they were well on top but bloody hell it was good to wipe that smile off his face.

I look forward to our club wiping the smile off a few pundits' faces in the coming years

#Joffaboy (just answering your post that you've since deleted)
Why, we won without King.
Kind of proves my point really.
Name anything else I gave said negatively about the club?

Should not have posted it. Was not required and served no purpose. That's why I deleted it.
It was a good win, why spoil it with a snarky post? Have a good one

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has struggled this year but Membrey's attack on the ball a few times in the last couple of minutes was absolutely immense. Awesome win.

He didn't generate many stats in that game , but he was a huge physical presence.

Hopefully the glimpse of what we’re working towards will be the spoonful of concrete the doubters need. That was a very good team we beat tonight, youngsters helped drive the win and the coaching team had a great night. I still fail to see why some insist we’re tanking but if that’s what they want to call it then I’m still all for it.

Its laughable for anyone to say we’re tanking considering we’ve almost claimed Brisbane & Port in recent weeks to go with beating the Suns & Swans.

Those within the club are clearly going flat out to win.

It does help I guess that Adelaide are the only club that we’re jockeying positions with… can’t see us catching Hawthorn, WB, etc above us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back