Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Webster be charged with headbutting Heeneys fist?
Almost certainly! I distinctly saw his trying to get Heeney reported by headbutting his slinging fist - by cleverly moving his nose in front of that flying fist- it was an obvious attempt to stop Heeney in his tracks, and change the Brownlow betting odds. Might get 8 weeks?

Just like the misery guts crew who are keeping a low profile I guess.

I'm happy to put my hand up & say I have no interest in getting on a roll & finishing in no man's land again. Fortunately the teams ahead of us have a break of multiple games so there's little chance of that happening.

I celebrated that win as much as any in the 'win & finish 11th' crew BTW.
Hopefully the glimpse of what we’re working towards will be the spoonful of concrete the doubters need. That was a very good team we beat tonight, youngsters helped drive the win and the coaching team had a great night. I still fail to see why some insist we’re tanking but if that’s what they want to call it then I’m still all for it.

Just home from the. Game. What a buzz. ;)

As I mentioned in the pregame thread what I was most looking forward to watching today was 1/ seeing how Pou went after a solid run playing as a mid at Sandi where he had steadily built his form and game, and 2/ Sharman getting a crack as a permanent forward rather than as band aid for problems.

Pou exceeded everyone 's expections. Just a pity that he was not dropped back to Sandy last year to build his craft. Should be even more exciting next year when he builds his body more.

Sharman played an excellent game, good both offensively and defensively.

Well this was unexpected...
How good was that !!!!!!

How good was that !!!!!

In case you missed it....how F***ing good was that.

It was totally unexpected HD....that's what makes all the more sweeter.

I can't remember if we were favs against the Pies....but that would be our first upset win for the year.

Not long back in the door and my good ol mate Johhnie Walker Red is calling for me.

No doubt everything would be mentioned in the pages ahead but the atmosphere in that last 3 mins was electric....hope it came thru on the TV

A special shout out to Aisle 32....they were on fire all day.......their Mason Wood chant was very loud and clear.

How good was the Pou(a few games at Sandy did the trick) and Nas.

And big Ros first goal....yowza..!!!!!!

The atmosphere was that tense in the last 3 mins that I was going to start chewing on the guy next to me's hand..........he looked like he was going to start chewing on mine...

;););)

A great Sunday arvo crowd too...30K.

When big Ro broke free and was heading for the ball towards our goal in that last couple of minutes....the crowd was in an absolute frenzy....haven't heard it like that for years.

A goal there wpuld have sealed it.

GO SAINTERS.

Seriously what supporter here can say they would've rather we lose this game for a better draft pick??
They would have to be off their absolute cracker........a gold plated nut job.

Speaking of which.....our second half was an absolute cracker.

That was Sexual ❤️
I was sitting with five 5 swans supporters...and 2 of them asked me how many goals I thought the saints would lose by after Chad W. kicked the goal from a centre break in the second quarter...to which I replied "you are both going a bit early, don't you think! "🤣
Nothing sweeter than clapping back at cocky oppo supporters 😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can thank me, went for a walk at ht. Came back at 3/4 time
Easily the best Pou has played. Looked a top ten draftee. 12 possessions 4 inside 50's and a goal.
What have I said about Shoey since pre season. What a selection @62.

Steele great lead from the front.

What narrative from the idiot AFL client media this week. Kents

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We’ll be lucky to get a mention.
Sydney beat themselves with all those posters, dontcha know?
Tbh, could not believe Logan missed the last dead in front - from where I sat looked like it was a goal.

Don’t think the umpires were especially terrible, but that call of deliberate when Battle got a fist on the ball near the boundary, leading directly to a Swans goal, was horrible. Absolutely no fee for the game.

Love seeing the emotion of Henry when he kicked his goal and Sharman was getting up and about for all the goals after half time.
Very noticeable at the game that Higgins has improved his all around game, he’s not just an out the back goal sneak anymore.
Love to get a form turnaround out of Mitchito similar to that of Pou. Does he need a spell with the Zebras?

We had 9 goals scorers.
We looked better without King.

Needs to train the Ruck position over summer to become a Ruck/Forward

King needs another trick because he's been found out at AFL level.
Just asking because i want to hear it Carinsman....who was good as a forward in that side?

I said before the game, how proud I was of Pou. His work rate and attitude.
However, to come out and play a game like that against the Swans, against their midfield. Beyond proud of him and what he'll be able to do going forward.

He could have very well finnished with 3 goals to go with his 26 touches, 5 tackles and 5 clearances. He is still a baby and has so much to work on. However,

If this is his baseline going forward. Get used to more marks, more long goals, more amazing clearances. So happy for him.
IMHO....there is a hell of a lot to look foward to with the Pou in years to come.

He will be a gun !!!!!

Today proved a lot of Saints fans wrong.

Dougal is still an important part of our team, I don't care what anyone says. We will either keep him or we won't let him go for cheap.

There is minimal doubt on Phillipou's potential, sky is the limit with his talent and his work ethic. No way we will consider trading him, and I don't think that's the performance of a homesick kid...

Henry has been a gun trade-in and people saying "oh he's been average" or comparing him to Billings and Gresham have eggs on their faces.

I hate to be negative toward one of the boys, but we also showed today that Battle is 100% worth letting go for band 1. We won without him having a massive influence, supporting the argument that he is not a game-changer for our next premiership tilt. To get a gun kid for him would be a great result.
Thought Battle was pretty excellent tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back