Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Just noticed Josh even had his little daughter in the song circle ⭕️ with him.
Nah he’s not going nowhere he couldn’t do that to her.
bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

Joey on first crack had this stat on our scoreing.
Scores from Defensive Half Intercepts: 1 in AFL
Scores from Forward Half Intercepts: 18 in AFL

Today we scored 47 points from Forward Half Intercepts. A high for the season.

Yea for sure. It was the first time Pou seemed to get some ‘easy ‘ ball. Was able to use his left peg which looked improved.

His tempo has improved since going to Sandy. He seems more poised and less rushed. He was a really good at moving the ball as soon as he got it last year. Today he seemed to hold it until he saw an option without panic. He's a really strong overhead mark too.

Interesting off hand remark from RTB in the post match:

Talked about the relationship we're building with Melbourne Storm, them going through that season of having all points stripped and going out and winning every game (or something, I don't follow rugby) was an inspiration, and what could be better?

Stop sooking about how shit or unlucky or cursed we are and go your hardest, own the next moment. Ken Oath.

When pressed on which Storm members we were in contact with, the boss played his cards very close - gotta love him!

Joking obviously but it's continually surprising how much better we tend to look without him
It's an interesting one bergholt.

Was in a shop this morning talking Saints to the guy running it(a true Saints man)

A customer behind me(Bloos fan as it turned out) was listening to our pre match convo.

Said customer said "I bet you guys will do better today without King"

Me and owner laughed......nervously...!!!!!!!

:):):)

1720348181528.png

Miracle is a bit OTT isn't it? Yeah we've played shit ugly footy, but we've been in it against the entire Top 9:

Sydney - won by 2 points
Carlton - yet to play
Fremantle - lost by 17pts
Essendon - lost by 4 points
@ Geelong - lost by 8 points
Port Adelaide - lost by 2 points
@ Brisbane - lost by 20 points
@ GWS - lost by 1 point
Collingwood - won by 15 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Schoenmaker played really well in the second half. For a third gamer he's looking very at home. Will absolutely be a player for us.

There's some green shoots there with the kids. Phillpou showing that he could become an elite mid for us. Henry is still so young, an electric player. Nasiah absolute silk.

We need more, but today shows we're not too far away.

A great win by the club and well coached today, lets hope at some stage in the future that effort becomes the norm. The one thing that was obvious particularly in the 2nd quarter was how often we'd get first hands to the ball and fumble it. Its marvellous that via lifting our work rate so did our confidence and we began handling the ball much more cleanly. Although it still needs work right across the ground.

Our midfield drew equal with the best midfield group in the competition, our defence were huge (again) and our forwards lead up at the ball and kicked straight.

No one has mentioned it so I will be the devils advocate - but our forward line today looked and functioned much better without Max King. We had 3 or 4 players leading up at the ball and the players looked to deliver the ball to the leading forwards. Its not all Max's fault its a club habbit when he is playing we bomb the ball far too much on his head. Having said that if he was to work, lead and pressure like Sharman and Woods did today the problem would be resolved and we would become an even better team with Max playing.

He isnt going anywhere, so lets hope over the off season they get him the help and coaching he needs and he can come back to become the player his potential projects he will become.

What a game for the returning players Phillipou would nearly be in the Brownlow votes, Howard his highest rated and best game in ages, Byrnes got his run and mojo back. I havent read it mentioned but I also thought Jimmy Webster played his best game for the club for sometime. he gets over looked at times.

Best:

Wilkie, Steele, Marshall, Phillipou, Howard, Sinclair, Webster & Higgins.

Last edited:
I love it when we play with swagger. Players have looked devoid of confidence at times this season.

Seeing Pou play with confidence and composure was a beautiful thing. Long may it continue.

Howard is a must sign. The current coaches seem to have eradicated the rubbish from his game. It's no longer clouding what he's always been good at.

I want Sharman to play every week. That last spoil of his was huge.

I love Higgins. People sh*tting on him if he has a brain fade or two have got rocks in their heads.

Thought Hunter was important.

It was good to watch an exciting game of footy that we were a part of.

Great to see the players giving everything.

Hunter is an enigma. He was good in the first half particularly. He's got limitations but he does have a real creative streak.

Snags had a big game. Reminded me of the best of Papley today.

The future will be okay. Great win. Will do wonders for the kids. Pou has arrived. All you need are signs, and today showed that the kids can play. Support them and watch them drive the standards and direction of this football club.
Haven’t seen Wilson mentioned as yet, but he did a lot of good things too.

Edit: Read a bit further and he was!

We had 9 goals scorers.
We looked better without King.

Needs to train the Ruck position over summer to become a Ruck/Forward

King needs another trick because he's been found out at AFL level.
Heath, our next ruck forward

Sharman is a clever player, he is built like a rake and looks like he has never set foot inside a gym but he is tougher than he looks.

He is never going to be as built as Fraser Gehrig but if he can put on a bit more size he will be a great forward/defender for us.

Ross rates him as he keeps giving him opportunities, I rate him too, it seems like the only one that doesn't rate him is Cairnsman
Fully expect him to replace Membery - he has the skills and marking ability to be a really good player - like Battle he needs to be given a set role and taking over Memberys spot would be ideal.

Thought Schoenmaker played really well in the second half. For a third gamer he's looking very at home. Will absolutely be a player for us.

There's some green shoots there with the kids. Phillpou showing that he could become an elite mid for us. Henry is still so young, an electric player. Nasiah absolute silk.

We need more, but today shows we're not too far away.

Ari was brilliant in his first game and hasn't repeated it but was really solid. He doesn't make mistakes even when pressure went up when we sent Battle forward to win the match.

A great win by the club and well coached today, lets hope at some stage in the future that effort becomes the norm. The one thing that was obvious partcularly in the 2nd quarter was how often we'd get first hands to the ball and fumble it. Its marvellous that via lifting our work rate so did our confidence and we began handling the ball much more cleanly. Although it still needs work right across the ground.

Our midfield drew equal with the best midfield group in the competition, our defence were huge (again) and our forwards lead up at the ball and kicked straight.

No one has mentioned it so I will be the devils advocate - but our forward line today looked and functioned much better without Max King. We had 3 or 4 players leading up at the ball and the players looked to deliver the ball to the leading forwards. Its not all Max's fault its a club habbit when he is playing we bomb the ball far too much on his head. Having said that if he was to work, lead and pressure like Sharman and Woods did today the problem would be resolved and we would become an even better team with Max playing.

He isnt going anywhere, so lets hope over the off season they get him the help and coaching he needs and he can come back to become the player his potential projects he will become.

What a game for the returning players Phillipou would nearly be in the Brownlow votes, Howard his highest rated and best game in ages, Byrnes got his run and mojo back. I havent read it mentioned but I also thought Jimmy Webster played his best game for the club for sometime. he gets over looked at times.

Best:

Wilkie, Steele, Marshall, Phillipou, Howard, Sinclair & Higgins.

Webster was huge.

Yep, pretty much what you, a couple of others and myself have been saying for awhile. King looks better away from goal, and hasn't been living up to the hype as a full forward.
We're not allowed to question him apparently.
But that won't stop us hey!?

The way a forum generally works is that people state their opinions & then others reply by either agreeing or disagreeing.

I’m supremely confident that the trade Max/Max is a dud crew will wind up looking like absolute dills.

Until then, fire away my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back