Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 21; St Kilda Saints v Paddle Pop Bears, Marvel Stadium, Sunday 4th August 4;40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a team with Early picks Tsatis, Hobbs and Weiderman.

And let us not forget…

1Gyop9C.jpeg

Maybe we should ask their coach.

Hardly sounds like Dow is "forcing himself" back in.

Maybe we should ask their coach.

Hardly sounds like Dow is "forcing himself" back in.
Must say that I think the Sandy guys suffer from some pretty ordinary coaching.

Too negative, you only need to read his write up to see that, how about encouraging the players and us supports with some positive re-inforcement.
You got that from 1 article after a game where most players struggled?
That's funny - I thought Klaatu was taking the p*** because Batch's reviews always include a positive for every player even when they haven't had the best game.

May point out an area where they can improve but always balances it with positive input. Does it for every player.

Matthew Allison​

10 disposals, seven tackles, three marks

A quiet game impact-wise for Matthew, it just wasn’t the day for big men inside-50. Positively, he had the third most score involvements and his tackle numbers were up, we thought he did a pretty good job for the conditions.

Arie Schoenmaker​

29 disposals, 22 kicks, five marks

It was Arie’s first game back in the VFL for a while. We saw him claim the most intercept possessions for us which was pleasing, but there was opportunity for growth with defensive intent and ability to win the contest when out of possession.

No i read them every week and he's been the same all year round, in fact all he did this week is cut and paste the same thing with a few players
It's just meant to be a way to communicate to supporters why players aren't getting games in the seniors. It's going to highlight areas of improvement and what the player need to do better. I'm sure there would also be criticism if the article was just blowing smoke up their asses when the stream of the games showed they were no good.

The way players who have been sent to the VFL then returned to the seniors with much improved form is probably a better indicator of how the VFL coaches are going than the weekly media exercise.

Hunter Clark is a bit sore according to Tony47...so Clark out Pou in.

Has to be Pou for Garcia, with Stocker/Bonner/Byrnes/Wilson in the mix as sub. I can see Stocker going to Neale after last weeks job on Merrett.

Good that we have Dougs back from last time to probably take Daniher - he murdered us last time to the point where we put Caminiti back who did a decent job on him.

Just need to bring the pressure and try strangle their scoring. If we can do that I'm confident we'll be in with a shot.

If Clark comes out it seems straightforward, but I'd like someone other than Garcia as the sub considering there is no opportunity to play VFL this week (our game is the last game of the round so they'll be held out). Would probably prefer Dow as the sub so others get a full run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to this one, absolutely no expectations and late on a Sunday so pretty much just a free hit in terms of viewer experience.

Really does feel like we're a sneaky chance in this one. Come on lads, shove it up this year's premiers! Can't f***ing stand Dorko 😄

That's funny - I thought Klaatu was taking the p*** because Batch's reviews always include a positive for every player even when they haven't had the best game.

May point out an area where they can improve but always balances it with positive input. Does it for every player.

Matthew Allison​

10 disposals, seven tackles, three marks

A quiet game impact-wise for Matthew, it just wasn’t the day for big men inside-50. Positively, he had the third most score involvements and his tackle numbers were up, we thought he did a pretty good job for the conditions.

Arie Schoenmaker​

29 disposals, 22 kicks, five marks

It was Arie’s first game back in the VFL for a while. We saw him claim the most intercept possessions for us which was pleasing, but there was opportunity for growth with defensive intent and ability to win the contest when out of possession.

No they are all perfect, i can't understand why Sandringham is under performing. Perhaps the negativity is demotivating the players, we should get them all a nice participation award.

And in case people didn't get it :rolleyes:

I'm tempering my expectations. We've played some great footy over the last month but that's partly because of the low pressure from oppo - a typically low pressure Swans teetering after their first loss, a rubbish Eagles and a fast wilting Bombers.

Having said that, we match up quite well with the Lions and I'm expecting a close game at least on our deck and strangely optimistic. Come on Saints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back