Podcast 2024 BigFooty Bombercast - Episode 13 - Another Loss to Geelong and Collingwood Preview!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ess v Melb (pause) Bombers

Ess v Saints (pause) danger game…Bombers

Ess v Adelaide (pause) Bombers

Ess v Freo (pause) Bombers

Ess v Suns here (pause) Bombers

😆😆😆
LOL. A little heads up might have been nice boncer34 ha ha

However, in my defence .. my thinking was..

1. We match up well against Melb I reckon. If our new look Essendon Wall* TM backline stay on the park, we have their forward line covered.

2. Saints.. sucking at present, but their dour style can cause us trouble. Surely Max King has to improve? But it's crazy to tip the Saints at this stage.

3/4/5. Each of these teams have their strengths but it's very hard to tip any of them in Melbourne.

Overall, our midfield needs to start winning clearances again. If we keep losing that battle we will be found out very quickly by better sides. We really need at least a couple of Setterfield, Parish, Duursma, Hobbs back and firing.

Interesting that there's no Shiel this week despite the likely need for a bit of extra grunt.

LOL. A little heads up might have been nice boncer34 ha ha

However, in my defence .. my thinking was..

1. We match up well against Melb I reckon. If our new look Essendon Wall* TM backline stay on the park, we have their forward line covered.

2. Saints.. sucking at present, but their dour style can cause us trouble. Surely Max King has to improve? But it's crazy to tip the Saints at this stage.

3/4/5. Each of these teams have their strengths but it's very hard to tip any of them in Melbourne.

Overall, our midfield needs to start winning clearances again. If we keep losing that battle we will be found out very quickly by better sides. We really need at least a couple of Setterfield, Parish, Duursma, Hobbs back and firing.

Interesting that there's no Shiel this week despite the likely need for a bit of extra grunt.
Pressure makes diamonds.

Excited Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back