Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m having dinner at the pub and only had 1 drink. I thought I must have been shitfaced. Coaches votes 10 and media votes 5 and the umpires don’t see a vote. Yet once the media started talking about him look at the votes flow. Just shows they are susceptible to media and reputation.
Including their adjudication on game day.

This has to be one of the stupidest awards that are seen as the most prestigious:

Relies on umpires who should be paying attention to adjudicating the game, not who is playing best.

Said umpires are truly terrible at adjudicating the game - why should they be any better at who is playing well.

Strong teams have good players cancel each other out - meaning the winner is often a lone star in a middling team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Including their adjudication on game day.

This has to be one of the stupidest awards that are seen as the most prestigious:

Relies on umpires who should be paying attention to adjudicating the game, not who is playing best.

Said umpires are truly terrible at adjudicating the game - why should they be any better at who is playing well.

Strong teams have good players cancel each other out - meaning the winner is often a lone star in a middling team.

It is why the coaches mvp is usually a fairer reflection

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back