Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Daicos got 2 votes against us for being 40th best rated wise on the ground.

Champion data is just as bad as the umps it’s a guide nothing more or less.

I’ve said it for years the umps should be able to have the stats in front of them while voting

Dual Brownlow Medallist use to be an accolade reserved for the best of the best midfielders.

Ablett Jr, Judd, Goodes, Fyfe.
Even modern superstars like Martin and Dangerfield were only ever able to get one.

In the last 5 years, Neale and Cripps are now in the same class as the first four mentioned. At this rate I think N Daicos will have 5 Brownlows by the end of his career.

Not in my opinion... but I'm not an umpire.
Cripps is 2/3 of a footballer - that 2/3 is very, very good but there's a lot he doesn't do. The stuff he does is very visible to the umps. Same with Daicos. That's why players like Rowbottom don't poll well in the Brownlow, the umps don't notice that third. Why defenders don't poll. The award is flawed.

The whole thing feels broken. They should make the umpires pick one midfielder, one defender and one forward/ruckman with their three votes. Will likely still skew towards the ball accumulators but at least a consistent defender, forward or ruckman like Max Gawn might have an outside chance of snagging one in a stand-out season.

last time cripps won the brownlow we
played in the grand final and umm
Last time Cripps win the Brownlow Brisbane didn’t play in a grand final.

Crippa is a very good player and I’m not denying him his Brownlow last night but some of the umpires’ votes indicate they have a serious man crush on him!!
Also surprised he didn’t poll another 3 votes for getting up on the stage?? 🤷‍♂️🙃

Attachments

• IMG_2042.jpeg
    IMG_2042.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back