Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Wing is way way different to playing deep forward as is as an intercepting defender role, surely you get that.

Plenty of failed forwards have gone on to be decent defenders.

He wasn't picked for his forward prowess at the time, that's purely an AFC thing.
You are probably correct in moving him back. I dont know about wing. Does he have the tank? At AFL level wing is two distinct roles. The guy who runs up and down, basically a defensive sweeper ie Jones. And the stoppage mid guy, the role Murphy plays.

But who's spot does he take for wing or backline?

Murray no
Michalanney no
Keane no
Worrell no
Nankervis no
Borlase no
Butts no
Jones...debatable. I like Jones on the wing. Think he does it well.
Sholl no
Smith debatable.
Murphy. Maybe but better options in this role.
Curtin no

As it stands his best position has been second Ruck. He is pretty good at not letting the other Ruck get clean taps.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Assume Thilthorpe would be looking at a game or two in the SANFL. Same for Murray now.

Maybe Murray plays against Sydney or after the bye, and Thilthorpe about R18 or so?

Both feel like massive inclusions.
Imagine our side with Rankine Back in, Thilthorpe, Murray, Worrell. That's big.

Both Rankine and Worrell were in ripping form, Worrell in particular. So typical of Crows' luck to lose them. Ranks coming back with hopefully only 3 games out should still find the footy as he always does, but I reckon Worrell takes time to build back to the super kind of form he was in pre wrist.

You are probably correct in moving him back. I dont know about wing. Does he have the tank? At AFL level wing is two distinct roles. The guy who runs up and down, basically a defensive sweeper ie Jones. And the stoppage mid guy, the role Murphy plays.

But who's spot does he take for wing or backline?

Murray no
Michalanney no
Keane no
Worrell no
Nankervis no
Borlase no
Butts no
Jones...debatable. I like Jones on the wing. Think he does it well.
Sholl no
Smith debatable.
Murphy. Maybe but better options in this role.
Curtin no

As it stands his best position has been second Ruck. He is pretty good at not letting the other Ruck get clean taps.

He was noted for his defensive pressure and chase at the Cannons so why not?

Imagine our side with Rankine Back in, Thilthorpe, Murray, Worrell. That's big.

Both Rankine and Worrell were in ripping form, Worrell in particular. So typical of Crows' luck to lose them. Ranks coming back with hopefully only 3 games out should still find the footy as he always does, but I reckon Worrell takes time to build back to the super kind of form he was in pre wrist.
This is why Nicks will get a leave pass for this year.

Very few games we have not been competitive and if we had Murray/Thilthorpe those close results could have gone the other way....

He was noted for his defensive pressure and chase at the Cannons so why not?
And yet we see neither attributes as a forward at AFL level.

He plays Forward like an old school Full Forward.

No chase, no pressure, no second effort.

What he did as a junior is irrelevant as he can't bring it at the top level.

Like year 12 results. Junior Footy is irrelevant once you play AFL.

All Junior Footy does is determine your draft ranking.

After that you start again.

Disagree.
Is it his 18 pressure acts and 1 tackle inside 50 across his three games that makes you disagree?

For context 6 PA a game is low. Especially for a forward who has attributes around creating pressure and chasing down opponents.

Is it his 18 pressure acts and 1 tackle inside 50 across his three games that makes you disagree?

For context 6 PA a game is low. Especially for a forward who has attributes around creating pressure and chasing down opponents.

Give it a spell he's played deep forward in almost all his AFL games, I'm talking playing as a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give it a spell he's played deep forward in almost all his AFL games, I'm talking playing as a defender.
Deep forwards can run and chase opponents too.

Tex and Fog do. Look at their PA stats.

If he has these attributes, why doesn't he show them playing them forward?

Your idea to play him back has merit. But it is not a need for us. It is just a Hail Mary to save his career.

More likely to be delisted.

Yeah and for context Gollant was subbed off in 2 of those games, once for Soligo (46% T.O.G) and the other for Berry (52% T.O.G.) in his 3 AFL games, the other 69% T.O.G.

Yeah and for context Gollant was subbed off in 2 of those games, once for Soligo (46% T.O.G) and the other for Berry (52% T.O.G.) in his 3 AFL games, the other 69% T.O.G.
Ok

Agree to disagree

You think Gollant is good at creating defensive pressure in our forward line and I disagree.

We both agree he is worth a shot as a defender.

All good move on.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Back