List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Noble and Richard’s are both as good as gone via trades. No doubt waiting on how this trade period goes.
add in murphy already opens up a list spot on the senior list too.
So if you take, Murphy, Noble, Richards. Thats 3.
Begg obviously gone (and Carmichael), but that just evens up the rookie list to 6. There may be more from the rookie list.
And then you have Kreuger, reef OOC from the senior list.
Markov's extra year hasnt been confirmed (was more of a restructing to give him the extra year according to he media, so maybe they wont announce it)

Yeah, nah, he's a gun, hence the high pick their willing to pay. Would walk into our side easily. Definitely A grade
By what metric? He’s a good player, to be sure, but being able to walk in to a best 22 doesn’t make a player A grade.

We've delisted one player
I suspect that figure is actually closer to 5 or 6 with the announcements to come following the trade period. I have a feeling one or two will go from senior to rookie list. I think it’ll be a 4 or 5 draftee year with the relative depth of the draft and lack of pro-scout options we’re currently linked to.

Last edited:
I suspect that figure is actually closer to 5 or 6 with the announcements to come following the trade period. I have a feeling one or two will go from senior to rookie list.
I agree. I think we're waiting to see who we are likely to pick up before delisting more. Probably told a couple they are free to explore their options as well.

And if course waiting to see what happens with Richards & Noble.

By what metric? He’s a good player, to be sure, but being able to walk in to a best 22 doesn’t make a player A grade.
Bro, you'd be the only one who doesn't rate him. Can play back, forward and mid, has pace and his kicking is elite. There isn't a club that he wouldn't walk into. We're not talking about 15yo Tom McGuane here bro. Not one of your best calls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bro, you'd be the only one who doesn't rate him. Can play back, forward and mid, has pace and his kicking is elite. There isn't a club that he wouldn't walk into. We're not talking about 15yo Tom McGuane here bro. Not one of your best calls
Who said I don’t rate him?

You'd only delist them if you felt they had no trade currency or no interest.
Which is why Carlton delisting Martin is perplexing. He very clearly had suitors.

Which is why Carlton delisting Martin is perplexing. He very clearly had suitors.
Yeah that was strange
Apparantely was a mutual call, that didn't want to wait til they decided what to do with him post trade or wait to make a deal with someone
So clearly they dont think he was worth much.

You'd only delist them if you felt they had no trade currency or no interest.
Spot on. The guys that will wind up cut are not going to garner any interest and you delay the announcement in case things do or don’t pan out in trade week.

I’m with Apex. Baker sits outside that A grade level and is more your A grade role player like Elliott, Shoota (22/23 version) and IQ. Definitely worthy of a pick around the 15-20 mark, but short of the level you’re suggesting.

I’m with Apex. Baker sits outside that A grade level and is more your A grade role player like Elliott, Shoota (22/23 version) and IQ. Definitely worthy of a pick around the 15-20 mark, but short of the level you’re suggesting.
He breaks the lines with pace and elite kicking. Not many role players do it as good as him. If we are going to judge him as a role player, then I would have him as elite. He's a gun

Yeah that was strange
Apparantely was a mutual call, that didn't want to wait til they decided what to do with him post trade or wait to make a deal with someone
So clearly they dont think he was worth much.
And do Blues need more points for the Camporeale boys? Even a late draft pick for Martin would have helped them, wouldn't it?

I have a feeling one or two will go from senior to rookie list.
I think theyre just waiting on who we bring in and if we bring in players via trade/free agency we will do that but I dont think we will do that to expand number of selections in the draft, i reckon it will only be 3 in national draft. Hope you're right tho prefer a larger draft hand this year

He breaks the lines with pace and elite kicking. Not many role players do it as good as him. If we are going to judge him as a role player, then I would have him as elite. He's a gun
Shoots is an elite pressure forward, IQ an elite one v one general defender, Elliott elite overhead for a small forward. The best role players tend to have an elite trait whereas the true A graders tend to have a more elite package overall. Let me put it this way if Ed Allan goes on to be an A grader would you prefer him to be at JDG’s or Baker’s level?

And do Blues need more points for the Camporeale boys? Even a late draft pick for Martin would have helped them, wouldn't it?
Yeah, they could have. The twins lately outside top 30 now. But any points would be better than none and giving someone off for nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Back