List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Screaming The Muppets GIF

North have now traded all of their middle order picks meaning they have 2 and then a huge drop off. It'd be a media disaster for them if they don't split it and get 2 talls, whereas we can either hold our picks or move up and probably win either way.

All in all, this means we hold all the leverage.

I wouldn't move up to 2 unless it is a very, very compelling deal for us.

If we move up to 2, there's little chance that we take both Lalor and FOS. Most likely it would be Smith with either of the 2, because that way, both picks would have more complimentary skill sets

Our last pick in the 20s needs to be slid back so we can claim Davidson somewhere in the 30s.

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, FOS will be gone, probably Lalor too, I think that's why they traded to pick 3, either Draper or Langford are their targets.

I have it on good authority it’s Draper that they want which means Langford is their target

Yeah, FOS will be gone, probably Lalor too, I think that's why they traded to pick 3, either Draper or Langford are their targets.
Isn't Langford the kid that's a mad tigers supporter? Poor bastard going to Carlton.

This is a possibility.

Pick 1 - Richmond - Sam Lalor
Pick 2 - Richmond - Finn O'Sullivan
Pick 3 - Brisbane - Levi Ashcroft
Pick 4 - Carlton - Sid Draper
Pick 5 - Adelaide - Jagga Smith
Pick 6 - Melbourne - Josh Smillie
Pick 7 - North Melbourne - Alixander Tauru
Pick 8 - Saints - Harvey Langford
Pick 9 - Suns - Leo Lombard
Pick 10 - Essendon - Isaac Kako
Pick 11 - Saints - Murphy Reid

Can someone tell me why FoS stats are just so/so for someone who is so much thought the best #1 for us?

Sell him to me, because I am not sold.

Now Lalor I could be sold to me. Jagga I could be sold to me.

This is a possibility.

Pick 1 - Richmond - Sam Lalor
Pick 2 - Richmond - Finn O'Sullivan
Pick 3 - Brisbane - Levi Ashcroft
Pick 4 - Carlton - Sid Draper
Pick 5 - Adelaide - Jagga Smith
Pick 6 - Melbourne - Josh Smillie
Pick 7 - North Melbourne - Alixander Tauru
Pick 8 - Saints - Harvey Langford
Pick 9 - Suns - Leo Lombard
Pick 10 - Essendon - Isaac Kako
Pick 11 - Saints - Murphy Reid

If we end up with lalor and fos I’ll almost be happy

**** the competition we are reloading and they will not be able to deal with our rapid rise we have a solid backline vlaustin , gibcus ,balta ,brown, we will win 5 games next year
But do we really want to given Tassy is looming over the horizon.
Just develope the kids slowly for more 1st round draft picks!

Can someone tell me why FoS stats are just so/so for someone who is so much thought the best #1 for us?

Sell him to me, because I am not sold.

Now Lalor I could be sold to me. Jagga I could be sold to me.

Because he was injured all year, last year ave 23 in Coates. His games this year he played less actual game time due to injuries.

He isn’t as prolific as jagga still but your not talking RCD levels of not finding the ball just need to go from 20-25 to 25-30.

As for the rest he’s genuinely the total package.

*Beautiful long kick
*good decision maker by hand and foot (does try to take the game on a bit so get caught HTB)
*elite athlete pace, agility and endurance
*massive vertical jump and exceptional overhead mark, every game he takes at least one over head contested mark
*versatile, was sent forward for chargers in prelim when they had wind and at end when against wind they lost lead
*loves to tackle and is physical
*strong through the hips too, stands up in tackles even at vfl level

Only Lalor comes close as total package but he lacks the endurance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have now traded all of their middle order picks meaning they have 2 and then a huge drop off. It'd be a media disaster for them if they don't split it and get 2 talls, whereas we can either hold our picks or move up and probably win either way.

All in all, this means we hold all the leverage.

I wouldn't move up to 2 unless it is a very, very compelling deal for us.

If we move up to 2, there's little chance that we take both Lalor and FOS. Most likely it would be Smith with either of the 2, because that way, both picks would have more complimentary skill sets

Our last pick in the 20s needs to be slid back so we can claim Davidson somewhere in the 30s.

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm a big Davidson fan, ask anyone, I've probably been the biggest critic of ours for not taking him in the mid season draft.
However, due to the apparent strength of this draft, if the top 30 are all better than Davidson then unfortunately we risk him being taken by someone else or we pick him up in the pre-season draft.

Fair bit of talk about KPP's like Armstrong and Faull, but no chatter about a decent ruck/forward.

We really do need a fallback for Nank, he's the only one on the list that can hold down the spot but really can't follow up like a true 'follower' type. Yes, he provides the defensive efforts around stoppages but he's not as involved in the follow up plays.

Who in this draft can provide that from early on? Because we're stuffed if Nank goes down (yeah, we're stuffed already) with only Ryan as depth, Balta and Kosi can help as 2nd rucks but they aren't going to fulfill the need for a full game.

Because he was injured all year, last year ave 23 in Coates. His games this year he played less actual game time due to injuries.

He isn’t as prolific as jagga still but your not talking RCD levels of not finding the ball just need to go from 20-25 to 25-30.

As for the rest he’s genuinely the total package.

*Beautiful long kick
*good decision maker by hand and foot (does try to take the game on a bit so get caught HTB)
*elite athlete pace, agility and endurance
*massive vertical jump and exceptional overhead mark, every game he takes at least one over head contested mark
*versatile, was sent forward for chargers in prelim when they had wind and at end when against wind they lost lead
*loves to tackle and is physical
*strong through the hips too, stands up in tackles even at vfl level

Only Lalor comes close as total package but he lacks the endurance.
excellent, thanks. I do like his short videos of him, but they make most kids look great.

I will do some more research now the draft is the focus.

Fair bit of talk about KPP's like Armstrong and Faull, but no chatter about a decent ruck/forward.

We really do need a fallback for Nank, he's the only one on the list that can hold down the spot but really can't follow up like a true 'follower' type. Yes, he provides the defensive efforts around stoppages but he's not as involved in the follow up plays.

Who in this draft can provide that from early on? Because we're stuffed if Nank goes down (yeah, we're stuffed already) with only Ryan as depth, Balta and Kosi can help as 2nd rucks but they aren't going to fulfill the need for a full game.

Gerryn

But reality is we will be last next year. Mid season draft seems to becoming an interesting hunting ground for rucks and honestly think it’s better to trade for them than draft them in first round, but I do like Gerryns aggression and athleticism.

excellent, thanks. I do like his short videos of him, but they make most kids look great.

I will do some more research now the draft is the focus.

You’ll notice when you read people’s description of him for scouting notes or phantom drafts they always say “few weaknesses” but never get round to listing them. ;)

I really enjoy reading thoughtful well-written pieces like this…. Hats off to Jake

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back