2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely, if we get 9, makes the decision easy. 8 & 9 for Lalor or FOS, hope that Smillie slides to us.

Look at it this way, one of the potential pick 1's vs a couple of our favourite potential pick 15's.

I know what I want us to do that's for sure.

Would be just magic if walked out with Lalor / Smilie wouldn’t it

However, I’m of the view pick 9 is a bit of a mirage / distraction.

Would be great, sure. I’d rather just do what is best for our list, put ourselves in a position to draft a superstar mid at 2. Then we can talk about 9

9 is likely just Lindsay, Travaglia or maybe a tall anyway.. don’t get all the fuss. Content to retain F1, perceptions change every year, no one thought this was a superdraft this time last year

I may be in the minority, but I don't really want travaglia. I don't see a midfielder at all, just a dashing defender with average foot skills. Also, rewatching some of Lindsay's highlights, I have noticed that he seems to be a bit fumbly, and not a one touch kind of player which concerns me. Re-watched some footage of Langford and I'm praying that he makes it to us, but looking unlikely. Smilies foot skills are better then I remember, but still unsure if he makes it.

I may be in the minority, but I don't really want travaglia. I don't see a midfielder at all, just a dashing defender with average foot skills. Also, rewatching some of Lindsay's highlights, I have noticed that he seems to be a bit fumbly, and not a one touch kind of player which concerns me. Re-watched some footage of Langford and I'm praying that he makes it to us, but looking unlikely. Smilies foot skills are better then I remember, but still unsure if he makes it.

I think you’re on the money with all of that. Lindsay looks like a nice player to have rather than a player we should desperately chase.

No more maybe mids!

Guess you’re in the minority if I agree with you

Hope I’m not speaking out of school here, but the issue with SOS and the team is that they did zero due diligence on Stocker before selecting him.

Had no idea about his mental health concerns and anxiety. Most clubs took the time to speak to his teachers etc.

I doubt he’d make the same mistake again.
That's pretty interesting. Would you say that was Stocker's biggest issue though? I'm a massive fan of Liam and hope he makes it with us, but since he's been a Saint I'd say it's his limitations as a player which determine how much he plays in the seniors, not his MH issues (though to be fair, he seems like he's got on top of more since leaving delisted).

Dalrymple by all accounts is very thorough and it's not SOS's job at St Kilda so all good anyway.

My dear mother did a lot of digging ... a few trips back n forth over years to the UK to the National Archives in Kew/Richmond
I went there a few times while I was living in London, found B, M & D records of loads of ancestors, heaps of interesting census info and even enough info for us to finally track down my mum's birth mother after she and my dad had searched for decades (long story).

It is fascinating what you can find if you look, even online there's so much, then once you start connecting with forums and whatnot it supercharges the search.

Unfortunately, due to a few name changes and the nature of Jewish immigration from Eastern Europe I can't get further back than 1880 on my dad's side but my mum's birth mother's family goes all the way back to the farms in the middle of County Mayo in Ireland - The least noble origin story possible!

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back