List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
SEN, Sam Edmond reporting that Oliver’s management has been informed his staying.
There's so much back and forth going on I wont believe it til trade periods over. Every year until 2030 :drunk:

My only hope is a Peter Bell/Jesse Hogan type scenario where come trade week we eventually pull the trigger and do the trade.

I need to hang onto some glimmer of hope.
I see a situation where the relationship between club and Clarry completely falls apart and another club makes a late play (probably someone desperate like the Saints) - and the fresh start is best for everyone

It's an outside chance but still a chance.

I see a situation where the relationship between club and Clarry completely falls apart and another club makes a late play (probably someone desperate like the Saints) - and the fresh start is best for everyone

It's an outside chance but still a chance.
Saints would be ideal. And I could see them making that play if they get top compo for Battle.

This is like the most overegged season of MAFS or something - all the on again, off again; fed up with his shenanigans but 'we can fix him!'

Some doco maker could get a mint if they snuck in the past couple of years. Plus the Trac subplot, JSmith and Hunts drama. Great popcorn tv

Really hope Oliver pushes back and forces this through. It is honestly unfair on him that we shop him two years in a row with no intention of actually moving him.

I really hope Oliver commits to managing his non football issues, consistently meets the behavioural expectations of his teammates and gets back to the elite fitness levels required to compete at AFL level and gives us some on field production to match his lucrative contract after 2 seasons of minimal production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the intrusion and I come in peace

My take on Oliver and Geelong

Melbourne and Oliver in all this made sure that the door was not closed to him returning
Oliver may have had a preference to go to Cats but he also felt he could walk back into Melbourne at any point
Melbourne would be happy content to have Oliver back and used opportunity to clear the air with him and other issues and will continue to address things that a required.

This along with Petracca stuff can galvanize a group if used properly.

So why didn't deal go ahead?

Because what Cats were offering did not match the interest they showed in Oliver and Melbourne told them get stuffed and he is contracted, we are happy to keep him and you will not bend us over by taking advantage of us.
Glad you have done it.

Haven't watched yet, but here's the link:

Basically just said:
  • Not involved in list management
  • Will support Oliver either way
  • Annoyed about all the leaks coming out of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering how Trac views how we handled the Oliver situation this year?
Journalists or DLand nuffies questioning why trac is not at the bnf and is in Australia at an elite training camp. It's looking like a very smart decision to stay away from the dumpster fire.
Someone has already updated his Wikipedia entry to say he plays for Melbourne. Who are these speedy wiki fiends?

I had to look him up to refresh myself on who the hell he actually is.
Wikipedia may not always be accurate but it's damn quick. Wouldn't be surprised some melbourne supporter nuffie had their Tom Campbell Wikipedia update ready to load.

Basically just said:
  • Not involved in list management
  • Will support Oliver either way
  • Annoyed about all the leaks coming out of the club
Why isnt Gawn involved in list management? If Pert and the members can be surely Max should be putting his hand up as a leader. :gigglev1:

Come on Scythe94 or Dancing Potato , some cringe in the thread title : "Tom Campbell :padlock:ed in" like the old days. We gotta flex on these visitors from other clubs on our board. We land big names too! :coolv1:

Come on Scythe94 or Dancing Potato , some cringe in the thread title : "Tom Campbell :padlock:ed in" like the old days. We gotta flex on these visitors from other clubs on our board. We land big names too! :coolv1:
Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

And where is the graphic of Tom Campbell's attributes being maxed out on Tim Lamb's desktop?

You're so demanding :eekv1:
Yours is better and correct. Im just reminiscing about it when it used to happen round here. Flexing that we have secured Viv Mitchie and Ben Newton.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Back