Review Dees v Freo (the Joe Dirts of Perf): Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember how ****ing cringey it was when he got a round of applause in the dogs game šŸ˜‚ yeah let's cheer the bloke who let him and his teammates down 2 years in a row.
Nuffies.

Round of applause goody for all the faith in the youngsters.
Rivers dragged from the middle, Tholstrup dragged from the ground

Meanwhile Salem and Oliver get through unscathed again and again

JVR forced to ruck more because Petty sucks

Round of applause goody for all the faith in the youngsters.
Rivers dragged from the middle, Tholstrup dragged from the ground

Meanwhile Salem and Oliver get through unscathed again and again
Billings will be in your votes for our best by the end of the match, seriously. 1.5 quarters of Billings = 1.5 games of Sparrow.

I went on a player thread rampage post game. They all got got a bump.
This is a great window into the future without Gawn, we've been able to get away with long down the line because of one of the best contested marks frankly ever. If we think we can play this crap without him going forward we're even more stuffed than I thought

We are cooked.
Dunno if it's the Oliver drama, the boredom of the game plan, satisfaction of a small club winning a flag or a combination of all but you cant tell me Goody still has these players working for him.

This is the first year in a while I reckon the players have had some really poor effort levels out there. In 22-23 we tried hard but played dumb footy and lost to good sides, this year we've genuinely given up in a bunch of games. You can't tell me all the players are happy with the coaching with the amount of non-effort games we've put up this year.

This is the first year in a while I reckon the players have had some really poor effort levels out there. In 22-23 we tried hard but played dumb footy and lost to good sides, this year we've genuinely given up in a bunch of games. You can't tell me all the players are happy with the coaching with the amount of non-effort games we've put up this year.
Yeah 21-23 we maybe had a small handful of really bad games but there was always a strong defence and ruining it was poor use by the midfield mostly.

Right now we're on the Richmond trajectory. They were in the top 4 for 4 years 17-20 then finished 12th, 7th and 13th and now probably bottom

I think we're now in that outside the top 4 but not bottom 4 time and unless we make major changes we'll be stuck there a while

Last edited:
Can accept we were going to lose clearance with the ruck situation but the ease in which freo did it and had players lining up through the middle was just embarrassing. Defense was shit but the ball came in with no pressure so often.

Oliver is a deadset liability at this point. Can't win a clearance, ineffective when he gets the ball, can't be bothered tackling properly and constantly gives away frees. Sparrow is just as bad but mainly because he simply is not a capable AFL mid at the best of times. Viney seems slow and possibly nearing the end.

We need to find some midfield prospects fast as we're in for a world of pain relying on these players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current top 4:
Swans
Blues
Lions
Dockers

Our record since Premiership against them is 8 wins 14 losses with sobering 0-3 record in finals.

Those 8 wins are includes beating the swans twice last year when they were out of sorts plus last gasp wins against lions in 23 and blues in 22 (thanks melky and Kozzie).

Pretty clear the gap between the best sides and us. We know the pies have us over a barrell the past few years as well. We are just really good at beating bottom and middling teams (most of the time).

We can only hope that we are doing what swans and dockers did last year. They were both great in 22, had a down year in 23 that forced some changes and gave some opportunities. This allowed them to come back stronger in 24... Or we are following Tigers pattern.

Current top 4:
Swans
Blues
Lions
Dockers

Our record since Premiership against them is 8 wins 14 losses with sobering 0-3 record in finals.

Those 8 wins are includes beating the swans twice last year when they were out of sorts plus last gasp wins against lions in 23 and blues in 22 (thanks melky and Kozzie).

Pretty clear the gap between the best sides and us. We know the pies have us over a barrell the past few years as well. We are just really good at beating bottom and middling teams (most of the time).

We can only hope that we are doing what swans and dockers did last year. They were both great in 22, had a down year in 23 that forced some changes and gave some opportunities. This allowed them to come back stronger in 24... Or we are following Tigers pattern.
We've been on decline since about round 10, 2022. It's been gradual year on year until this year. It's not a 'down' year ready to bounce. May McDonald Melk and Gawn could be cooked by the start of next year. Vineys in decline.

We've uncovered McVee as a future gun, Windsor promising then not much else. Even the rivers midfield experiment was stopped to give Salem minutes šŸ˜‚

Clayton Oliver's taken a big dump on the club aswell. Far more likely to get worse before it gets better.

We have a 10-8 record and haven't won a final in 3 seasons. Chance to change thing was after going out in straight sets, then going out in straight sets again.
We made a slight tweak, barely **** all. Lost a couple games panicked and went back to losing football. We are ****ed under this coach.

Games like this strangely never bother me. It was just a few minutes in that you realise you just have to see it as comedy. And I folded the laundry in the third then segued to some Mario. I only found out the score just now. Not sure what happened there but I thought it would be WAAAYYY worse.

I do think this meh is going to last a good long while. Itā€™s sort of like St Kilda - the problem with the letā€™s trade for a really good midfielder plan is that if this mystery midfielder is really good I canā€™t see why he picks us.

The good part of all this is I do have some very good training in supporting a dreadful Melbourne. Itā€™s fine

Also good is Iā€™d never heard of this Tim Lamb bloke before this year. Itā€™s good to see some discussion around the lesser known club people on the board. Itā€™s exciting. I still havenā€™t a clue whether he is a genius or a curse

Only Simon Goodwin could sulk about people making fun of him for getting Grundy so much that he is now choosing to play 0 ruckmen and blaming losing by 10 goals on having no ruckmen

Only Simon Goodwin could sulk about people making fun of him for getting Grundy so much that he is now choosing to play 0 ruckmen and blaming losing by 10 goals on having no ruckmen
I have a feeling we might have been belted with a ruck too. This is a strong feeling

Edit: though watching JVR spend so much time chucked around in a bruising role against a tank with no shin guard gives me the willies BIG TIME. If Fullerton is that terrible maybe just find someone really tall who is already injured and make them the sacrifice. Ben Brown was a ruck when he started out wasnā€™t he?

I donā€™t know why my phone isnā€™t ringing off the hook with coaching offers.

Now that Iā€™m feeling chatty, I had this flashback to the last stand of James Hird the coach in 2015 when Bellchambers got injured and Hird thought it might be a good time to go 4D chess with no ruck up against an in form Nic Nat. It was almost as funny as us. Did Hird get sacked then or after some other hideous result?

Also good is Iā€™d never heard of this Tim Lamb bloke before this year. Itā€™s good to see some discussion around the lesser known club people on the board. Itā€™s exciting. I still havenā€™t a clue whether he is a genius or a curse
Still checking your email for a reply from Kate, PG?

Still checking your email for a reply from Kate, PG?
Iā€™ve upgraded to expectations that the board will take matters into their own hands and insist I take over as President

Iā€™ve upgraded to expectations that the board will take matters into their own hands and insist I take over as President
If I was still a member id vote for that weirdo who wanted everyone's home address over the current group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Freo (the Joe Dirts of Perf): Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back