Review Dees v Freo (the Joe Dirts of Perf): Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

You also conveniently forget to mention all the good trades we have made like May, Lever, Langdon, Hibbered, Melky, Ben Brown (yes he helped us win a flag).

Half the blokes you listed won’t even be on our list after this season. Not sure how that is justification our list is fine.

Our list was fine 3 years ago. It isn’t now.

So what? My point still stands that they were good signings. Not "trashing our list" as you say.

if our list wasn’t trashed and we had great depth why are we playing with no ruck, 6KP defenders and Sparrow, Salem, Oliver, Petty, Chandler, Turner week in week out?

Don’t get me started on some of the contracts Lamb has given out.

You also conveniently forget to mention all the good trades we have made like May, Lever, Langdon, Hibbered, Melky, Ben Brown (yes he helped us win a flag).
So Ben Brown was his last decent get? How long ago was that? I could be wrong, but I don't think Lamb has had a win in over 3 years. And even then we signed Brown on for a year too long. Lamb and Goody should both be in the gun

if our list wasn’t trashed and we had great depth why are we playing with no ruck, 6KP defenders and Sparrow, Salem, Oliver, Petty, Chandler, Turner week in week out?

Don’t get me started on some of the contracts Lamb has given out.
Because our coach is a moron. Absolutely nothing to do with the list or Tim Lamb, he doesn't select the team week to week.

So Ben Brown was his last decent get? How long ago was that? I could be wrong, but I don't think Lamb has had a win in over 3 years. And even then we signed Brown on for a year too long. Lamb and Goody should both be in the gun
Perhaps our recruiting team were happy with our list profile from an age point of view and prioritised bringing in young talent over spending large amounts of draft capital on trading in established players? This is not unheard of, nor a bad strategy.

Perhaps our recruiting team were happy with our list profile from an age point of view and prioritised bringing in young talent over spending large amounts of draft capital on trading in established players? This is not unheard of, nor a bad strategy.
Mate, if you can defend Tim Lamb's recruiting over the last 3 years, then you can sell ice to the Eskimo's. Goody is a terrible coach, but Lamb hasn't been able to land a winner since the flag. All duds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were smashed in the centre. That was the game. Movement into forward 50 today was the least of our problems
We didnt get it in the F50 much thats for sure. Shown up by another good team. Maybe "the Goody program" isnt the way forward?

Good
Ahhh... There were a couple of things but my thumbs just won't let me type them yet

Bad
  • Rivers being put back in defense. Salem did atleast go ok in there - nailed some tackles and better positioning.
  • Kozzie didn't look interested
  • McDonald got torched early
  • chin, I know he kicked those 2 goals but fumbly and disappeared for large chunks.

Ugly
  • Oliver. Defensive running and stoppage positioning was terrible. Panic merchant, hack kick. Hospital handballs.
  • Sparrow. Just needs to be dropped.
  • Lever. Wow. Just wow. Worst game of seen from him. Got completely exposed for loose checking, hard running, 1:1 contests. Blames everyone else but himself.
  • the way we just allowed them to own the middle of the ground.
  • the easy goals out the back
  • broken tackles

I've seen a few comments over the last few weeks about our need to trade/draft and improve our midfield. I think they are spot on.

We are so focused on how to fix our forward line and a ruck to replace Max but we just look so slow, reactive and out gunned in there. Brayshaw gone, who knows if Oliver will get back to his best, Viney getting up there. The best teams have 6-7 genuine mids running through there.
We’ve got a very funky age demographic at the moment. The old crew of Gawn, Trac, viney, Clarry, Salem and (Angus) etc and the young crew coming through and not a strong middle. Do we trade for the future or do we back the old firm in and try to find a couple of diamonds in the rough to take more of the load in the middle? Intriguing off season coming up for us

Mate, if you can defend Tim Lamb's recruiting over the last 3 years, then you can sell ice to the Eskimo's. Goody is a terrible coach, but Lamb hasn't been able to land a winner since the flag. All duds
Pardon the question but, has Tim Lamb been our recruitment/list management since 21? Where's Jason Taylor been ?

Good
Ahhh... There were a couple of things but my thumbs just won't let me type them yet

Bad
  • Rivers being put back in defense. Salem did atleast go ok in there - nailed some tackles and better positioning.
  • Kozzie didn't look interested
  • McDonald got torched early
  • chin, I know he kicked those 2 goals but fumbly and disappeared for large chunks.

Ugly
  • Oliver. Defensive running and stoppage positioning was terrible. Panic merchant, hack kick. Hospital handballs.
  • Sparrow. Just needs to be dropped.
  • Lever. Wow. Just wow. Worst game of seen from him. Got completely exposed for loose checking, hard running, 1:1 contests. Blames everyone else but himself.
  • the way we just allowed them to own the middle of the ground.
  • the easy goals out the back
  • broken tackles
Yeah not much to like about a physically underdone oliver.
What made him so hard to play on earlier in his career, his attack on the contested footy and ability to break away from a contest and actually kick the ball with intention is a distant memory.
My point being his potention value (if any! We had for Him) is quickly evaporating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Freo (the Joe Dirts of Perf): Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back