Review Dees v Freo (the Joe Dirts of Perf): Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

How embarrassing that Billings plays half a game yet gets more disposals than all but 4 players.

Always a loss this one. But geez the coaching was poor. Match ups were bad, stoppages we got absolutely trounced. Seemed to be zero plan in there. Is that McQualter?

Anyway. Let's keep playing the kids and see what happens. Hard seeing us winning another game from here. Give Kynan a full game, debut Verrall and leave JVR forward from here on in.

Anyway. Let's keep playing the kids and see what happens. Hard seeing us winning another game from here. Give Kynan a full game, debut Verrall and leave JVR forward from here on in.

I am on board for this. Just got to be a development year now and a good hard look at the list and active in the trade period coming up.

Our new midfield coach is trash. Most jobs you would be sacked for that sort of performance
Midfield coach's fault that the main coach didn't select a ruck, the inside/outside mix is wrong and that Oliver has reverted back to being lazy?
No there's some onus there. Mids should be adaptable. Lots of teams play with mediocre rucks and adjust to another teams dominance. Rucks also have nothing to do with transition when their mids run loosely through the middle without being picked up.

That said a coach can only say so much, players have to pull the finger out and do something. A new coach alone wouldn't drastically cause our midfield to fall this much

Finally, talking about coaches does no one talk about Willams? His big thing when he came to us other than experience for Goodwin is that we were told he is great at coaching/improving kicking. Our kicking is absolute garbage and has seemingly not improved bar 21

Already want to punch my skull in listening to Goody's press conference, saying all our woes pretty much were coz "we dont have a ruckman who can win hitouts without Max" ...what a load of shit, how many times do teams win clearances vs us when they get no hitouts vs Gawn. Also why didnt you play Verrall then you dickhead. Back to the 2 ruck game plan next year! Lets trade for Grundy!

Last edited:
Already want to punch my skull in listen to Goody's press conference, saying all our woes pretty much were coz "we dont have a ruckman who can win hitouts without Max" ...what a load of shit, how many times do team win clearances vs us when they get no hitouts vs Gawn. Also why didnt you play Verrall then you dickhead. Back to the 2 ruck game plan next year! Lets trade for Grundy!
I commend you watching his presser every week.

Just no energy enthusiasm from the team bar a patch in the second. Barely watched the second half. Thought JVR, Langdon battled away everyone else just pox. Really hard to watch. Credit to freo they make it hard and probably should be second on the ladder if a few games they should have won earlier in the season.

I commend you watching his presser every week.
He did change his tune a bit towards the end of it saying the midfield wasn't good enough regardless of hitouts , was asked about Fullarton and said he cant win hitouts in the VFL so what hope has he got vs Darcy and Jackson, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utter tripe from the very start. I didn't watch the broadcast, is Kolt injured? The app says it was a tactical sub but I find that hard to believe

He did change his tune a bit towards the end of it saying the midfield wasn't good enough regardless of hitouts , was asked about Fullarton and said he cant win hitouts in the VFL so what hope has he got vs Darcy and Jackson, lol.
Brutal lol

Already want to punch my skull in listening to Goody's press conference, saying all our woes pretty much were coz "we dont have a ruckman who can win hitouts without Max" ...what a load of shit, how many times do team win clearances vs us when they get no hitouts vs Gawn. Also why didnt you play Verrall then you dickhead. Back to the 2 ruck game plan next year! Lets trade for Grundy!
****ing embarrassing by Goody

I've seen a few comments over the last few weeks about our need to trade/draft and improve our midfield. I think they are spot on.

We are so focused on how to fix our forward line and a ruck to replace Max but we just look so slow, reactive and out gunned in there. Brayshaw gone, who knows if Oliver will get back to his best, Viney getting up there. The best teams have 6-7 genuine mids running through there.

Hilarious we felt the need to bring in another VFL key forward plodder in Kentfield when Teakle was on the board in the mid-season draft.

Just yet another in a long list of trash decision by the club, by mid season they should’ve realised how trash Fullerton is and looked to find ruck depth. Nope, let’s bring in a bloke to partner up with BBB, Schache, Fullerton and Jefferson in the 2s.

Hilarious we felt the need to bring in another VFL key forward plodder in Kentfield when Teakle was on the board in the mid-season draft.

Just yet another trash decision by the club, by mid season they should’ve realised how trash Fullerton is and looked to find ruck depth. Nope, let’s bring in a bloke to partner up with BBB, Schache and Jefferson in the 2s.
Who and who?

I'm really starting to think Tim Lamb was your high school bully or something.

Don’t know how you still try to defend the bloke. Our list has been trashed by him.
Our list is fine. Every club needs depth players. You act like there were absolute guns on the trade table that we passed on, but in reality who were we supposed to trade in?
We decided to trade up in the draft to target good young players that are coming along nicely. For the left over picks (2nd rounders etc) we traded in best available (at that price) depth.
Imo our trading and drafting strategy has been very sound for a long time.
Coaching and tactics, that's where we have been let down. Don't forget Grundy was Goody's stubborn want to play 2 rucks.

Our list is fine. Every club needs depth players. You act like there were absolute guns on the trade table that we passed on, but in reality who were we supposed to trade in?
We decided to trade up in the draft to target good young players that are coming along nicely. For the left over picks (2nd rounders etc) we traded in best available (at that price) depth.
Imo our trading and drafting strategy has been very sound for a long time.
Coaching and tactics, that's where we have been let down. Don't forget Grundy was Goody's stubborn want to play 2 rucks.
You genuinely think our list is fine??

Wow

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Freo (the Joe Dirts of Perf): Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back