List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else got a bad feeling our trade period is done and dusted bar a few lopsided pick trades against us?

Because I seriously do (Yes I know it hasn’t started yet but I had this feeling last few off seasons and turned out right).

Na, not worried it's done and dusted because, as you point out, it hasn't started yet

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Na, not worried it's done and dusted because, as you point out, it hasn't started yet

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think most potential trades(especially biggish ones) come out pre trade period. Sure, maybe there might be a rabbit or two pulled out of a hat, but at this point it seems like another very disappointing trade period coming up. So we have to do all we can then to trade up in the draft. Get our hands on another first rounder or two and top up with top end kids, because decent players have no interest in coming, or we simply don't have a list manager capable or targeting the right players and making it happen.

I think most potential trades(especially biggish ones) come out pre trade period. Sure, maybe there might be a rabbit or two pulled out of a hat, but at this point it seems like another very disappointing trade period coming up. So we have to do all we can then to trade up in the draft. Get our hands on another first rounder or two and top up with top end kids, because decent players have no interest in coming, or we simply don't have a list manager capable or targeting the right players and making it happen.

Agree, usually trade period starts right after exit interviews. The actual trade period is just the transaction window but most wheeling and dealing should be close to done between exit interviews and trade period opening.

Most cat out of the bag scenarios are when players can’t get anywhere else due to being trash and manager comes to us desperate on the last day like Hunter and Billings. Stringer seems to be that person this period.

Funny how all the nuffy Melbourne supports have not said a word about our 1.2million a year player not even finishing top 10 of the best and fairest.

It's awfully quiet this morning.
He had a pretty good year according to some 😂😂

If I was in charge I'd happily terminate his contract without any compo.

I like Jeremy Howe and Tom Scully more than that campaigner

Agree, usually trade period starts right after exit interviews. The actual trade period is just the transaction window but most wheeling and dealing should be close to done between exit interviews and trade period opening.

Most cat out of the bag scenarios are when players can’t get anywhere else due to being trash and manager comes to us desperate on the last day like Hunter and Billings. Stringer seems to be that person this period.

Yep, I'm just quietly waiting for that Stringer announcement in during the final hour of trade period. 🤦‍♂️

Funny how all the nuffy Melbourne supports have not said a word about our 1.2million a year player not even finishing top 10 of the best and fairest.

It's awfully quiet this morning.
Honestly last night i forgot the best and fairest was on, when i saw they had announced the runners up with no access to the votes i was like "Surely Clayton didn't come first, Surely Goodwin didn't vote him up that high"

I was both relieved and surprised it was Viney. Surprised because Viney wasn't that good this year, but relieved it wasn't Clayton

What do fans actually want to happen this trade period? No decent player is going to come here while our club is a mess off field and our better players want out. Know some didn't want Houston was clear sign once he backed out we are on the nose. I think should just focus on the draft try get 2 or 3 picks inside top 25 just hit the draft hard.

What do fans actually want to happen this trade period? No decent player is going to come here while our club is a mess off field and our better players want out. Know some didn't want Houston was clear sign once he backed out we are on the nose. I think should just focus on the draft try get 2 or 3 picks inside top 25 just hit the draft hard.
I agree but if it involves trading our future first to do so we are idiots. Would rather trade back from pick 5 to get some extra picks than trade our F1.

I agree but if it involves trading our future first to do so we are idiots. Would rather trade back from pick 5 to get some extra picks than trade our F1.
I have no issues trading future 1st to get another pick this year, People get worried what if we have a bad season and we end up trading away a top 5 pick. Just get the pick the right. If you believe the media will not matter having no 1st round pick next year I'm sure Petracca or Pickett will get us back in 1st round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you believe the media will not matter having no 1st round pick next year I'm sure Petracca or Pickett will get us back in 1st round.
While this is true, I would like to have options next year for a new coach and not leave him a first round pick short. Perhaps the players wont want to leave when there is some more positivity around the place from some fresh people in charge.

While this is true, I would like to have options next year for a new coach and not leave him a first round pick short. Perhaps the players wont want to leave when there is some more positivity around the place some fresh people in charge.

Yeah I don't want us trading our F1 at all. We've been pretty lucky in the past with these deals but way too risky to try it now IMO. As you said I'd rather trade down from 5 than throw away next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Back