List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
Keen to know who has said Campbell will be the difference between 14th and a flag?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He might be the difference between the spoon or second last. 🥳

This won't be a popular opinion but I'd be open to signing Kennedy on the cheap from Carlton.

Would allow Trac to play more forward and mitigate Oliver and/or Trac leaving next year somewhat.

We desperately need elite young mids but someone like him would help bridge the mid-age gap in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't hate the idea, but i just feel we have Viney and Oliver and Sparrow all with very similar abilities and i don't feel Kennedy adds much difference. He'd be better than Sparrow though, but i just feel we need more McVee/Windsor types who will break lines and has that break away from stoppage pace. Kennedy just seems like another midfield plodder which we already have a few. As depth, on the cheap, sure, but i'd get the feeling he'd be another Dunstan for us.

What feels so ****ed going into this trade period is that the last two months have been a walking advertisement for any player with options to avoid us at all costs. So every discussion on this forum of “who would you like to trade in?” becomes as silly as discussing Nick Daicos kitting up for us next year.

I don't hate the idea, but i just feel we have Viney and Oliver and Sparrow all with very similar abilities and i don't feel Kennedy adds much difference. He'd be better than Sparrow though, but i just feel we need more McVee/Windsor types who will break lines and has that break away from stoppage pace. Kennedy just seems like another midfield plodder which we already have a few. As depth, on the cheap, sure, but i'd get the feeling he'd be another Dunstan for us.
Also if we're looking to replace ANB, Kennedy isn't quite it.

Yeah Cats fd up JT there. We were right into Holmes. JT is about the only bloke capable of doing his job to a high level at this club right now. He'd be the last bloke I'd be calling out atm. Every recruiter has some misses. Too early to call on some of his choices(Jefferson/Kolt) but picking Windsor alone last draft shows he's a good judge when most on here (including myself were after other kids). Nailed the Dogga/Koz/Riv draft which ultimately netted us a flag, so for that alone he will always be god status for me.
The Holmes thing makes you wonder if Byrnes dogged us.

The Holmes thing makes you wonder if Byrnes dogged us.
Maybe. Would he be that involved in knowing who we were targeting? Not sure. Wasn't he just a runner for us? Or was he more than that?

I actually sat on his table with his family at our B&F one year. Think it was the first year he was playing for us. Ripping bloke and his family were just wonderful people. Sister went alright from memory also. Clearly a reason why he stays involved in top level clubs. Great for culture these types, so for that reason I'd like to think he wouldn't dog us, but who knows. I remember being gutted when the Cats took that pick above ours, as Holmes was definitely on the want list.

Maybe. Would he be that involved in knowing who we were targeting? Not sure. Wasn't he just a runner for us? Or was he more than that?

I actually sat on his table with his family at our B&F one year. Think it was the first year he was playing for us. Ripping bloke and his family were just wonderful people. Sister went alright from memory also. Clearly a reason why he stays involved in top level clubs. Great for culture these types, so for that reason I'd like to think he wouldn't dog us, but who knows. I remember being gutted when the Cats took that pick above ours, as Holmes was definitely on the want list.
Oh it's very conspiracy brain from me. Was a good servant but I remember we were very surprised with Geelong's play as were Richmond who they got the pick off. Seems like they got good intel late. Byrnes joined the Cats like three days before the draft.

If we want to include Brayshaws name as an out in the thread header we should include Kentfield as an in as he basically took his list spot.

Leaves us with 3 list spots so wouldn’t expect any major list overhauls this off season.

Bizarre we haven’t ****ed off Smith yet but we probably don’t think we can find any better than a bloke who can’t even train and enjoys a sniff before a finals match while relying on his old man to fight his battles.
Only 3 list spots? You can't do the mental gymnastics to include Smith, ANB & Thomlinson in the outs?

Include them and then you can do a proper meltdown when Lamb fills them up with some 11th hour bargains to bulk out Casey's team 😈

Only 3 list spots? You can't do the mental gymnastics to include Smith, ANB & Thomlinson in the outs?

Include them and then you can do a proper meltdown when Lamb fills them up with some 11th hour bargains to bulk out Casey's team 😈

We just had a long drawn out conversation about our inability to delist Smith a few pages back. Suggest you refer to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Back