List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was in an other clip from the show. But apparently the Oliver camp asked about a trade in the middle of the season. It was shut down by the club. Not he is a bit peeved Pert has gone and asked around. I think Melbourne shut this down as Geelong are putting forward a horrible deal. Not worth it for us. I do agree with Cornes that Oliver can’t be too peeved given the money he’s on and the season he put out. But sure Pert going behind everyone’s back isn’t ideal either.

I think it was in an other clip from the show. But apparently the Oliver camp asked about a trade in the middle of the season. It was shut down by the club. Not he is a bit peeved Pert has gone and asked around. I think Melbourne shut this down as Geelong are putting forward a horrible deal. Not worth it for us. I do agree with Cornes that Oliver can’t be too peeved given the money he’s on and the season he put out. But sure Pert going behind everyone’s back isn’t ideal either.

Our club is even dumber than I thought if he genuinely asked for a trade and we've decided it isn't happening.

"Geelong haven't ruled out trading for Clayton Oliver"

"What about Melbourne categorically ruling out trading him"

"Well yeah that's a problem"

😅
Lol. Trade is never dead i guess as long as Cats are interested and Oliver is open to it. Geelong up there offer then who knows. I can still see a F1 getting it done as long as Cats are paying a fair chunk of salary. That could be the sticking point. How much the Cats are wanting to pay, or if Clarry is open to renegotiating a new contract.

What next, a contract till 2035? This is what leads to lockouts in sports.
Injury prone overrated campaigners get 7 year deals, players can ask to go to which club they want mid way thru deals. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Yawn. With the amount of players in the league you think the media would move on and give this one a rest.
Why? We are the w***ers who have changed their mind twice on him in two years now. Im sure Oliver wants out. The dumpster fire dees deserve the media crapping on about us and laying the boots in til it doesn't happen.

Our club is even dumber than I thought if he genuinely asked for a trade and we've decided it isn't happening.
If any contracted players management came to the club and said "hey are you open to a trade" early on, surely you say yes and just set the price high. You'll never have more leverage than that. Then you can decide in trade period whether to go for it when the offers come in. If it doesn't go through you don't have to deal with the issue of the player feeling like the club has been dealing behind their back so it's easy to rescue the relationship anyway.

Everything about this has been so poorly handled by the club.

Why? We are the w***ers who have changed their mind twice on him in two years now. Im sure Oliver wants out. The dumpster fire dees deserve the media crapping on about us and laying the boots in til it doesn't happen.

How did we change our mind? We shopped him around the the offer was shit. It’s not that uncommon…

Just because we put something on sale means we have to take SFA for it.

Think of it as real estate, you put your house on sale are you going to sell it if some flog offers you half of what you want?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Geelong haven't ruled out trading for Clayton Oliver"

"What about Melbourne categorically ruling out trading him"

"Well yeah that's a problem"

😅
LMAO that was so funny.

How did we change our mind? We shopped him around the the offer was shit. It’s not that uncommon…

Just because we put something on sale means we have to take SFA for it.

Think of it as real estate, you put your house on sale are you going to sell it if some flog offers you half of what you want?
No, so you leave it on the market, not take it off the moment someone offers up a shit offer.

He leaves him on thr market until Geelong can stump up an offer until it suits.

If it was me, I would have accepted the future first in a heart beat and traded him off.

No, so you leave it on the market, not take it off the moment someone offers up a shit offer.

He leaves him on thr market until Geelong can stump up an offer until it suits.

If it was me, I would have accepted the future first in a heart beat and traded him off.

We don’t even know we got offered a future 1st?

That said we didn’t categorically take him off the market, Green just said he was lining up in 2025, which could be just posturing for all we know.

Isn’t the rumour that Geelong offered a F2. And we pay 50% of the wage. We can’t be accepting that. Geelong have a lot of work to do on the smith deal also.
Imagine Oliver Smith and Stengle out on the town in Geelong.

It was their F1 next year that was reported, whether that actually happened who knows.

There’s been some reports suggesting we may pay 200k
or more. Someone mentioned 50% of his wage. I doubt thats happening.

If Geelong could muster up another late first I'd be comfortable with us paying a significant amount, but don't think Geelong will do that. Personally I'd just let him go for the 2025 F1 and pay 20-30% of the wage, but don't think we will do that.

I find it weird a manager asking about a player being traded mid season…. Does that actually happen
Manager got approached by another club. Manager asks player if they are interested. Player says yes. Manager goes to club to see if they'll budge.

All seems pretty standard tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Back