List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
If Geelong could muster up another late first I'd be comfortable with us paying a significant amount, but don't think Geelong will do that. Personally I'd just let him go for the 2025 F1 and pay 20-30% of the wage, but don't think we will do that.
Since our cap is apparently in pretty good shape I'd be more than comfortable with effectively buying picks. Keep in mind Geelong got pick 7 off Gold Coast by taking on about that much.

I think if we are to pay 20%-30% of his wage and Geelong give us a F1 it might get done. But I’m thinking that’s not what the cats have offered.

Reckon Geelong have probably asked us to chip in close to half and that is where talks fell down.

Still, trade period doesn't even start until tomorrow. Be an interesting two weeks.

Sounds like ball was in our court and we shut it down and called the bluff of Geelong/Oliver camp.

Now it’s basically over them to find a way to put up a deal that MFC can actually sell to its members.

Sounds like ball was in our court and we shut it down and called the bluff of Geelong/Oliver camp.

Now it’s basically over them to find a way to put up a deal that MFC can actually sell to its members.
I wouldn’t think the members would ever get the true details of a deal. If it actually happened both Geelong and Melbourne would say “We got a deal that we felt was favourable”.

The reality is if Oliver (and Petracca) was serious about moving he needs to put his money where his mouth is and mutually agree to terminate his current contract with Melbourne. Oliver and Petracca can’t have their cake and eat it too.

Sure, if they stay at Melbourne they can expect to be paid what they agreed with Melbourne. But that was to play for Melbourne.

But if they want to change clubs, they need to take a hit to their hip pocket for that to happen.

This is entirely different to Grundy going to Melbourne where Collingwood was wanting to move him and Grundy wanted to stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Back