Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

I thought I would give you all a tour through The List.
I tinker a bit with it like I will show below. Every week.

I count players in the Bests and Depth colums only if they have SOMETHING in the games played column(the yellow one). This adds up to the white total with the black background (above).
I then total the two white totals with the black background across to total at the far right 44 (white with a black background).

I also total main list players and CAT A and CAT B players. You can see each player is tagged as such. I total these or count these and you can see the total in the Sydney 2024 List(circled). The total of this has to agree with the white total on the black background total above.

Each week I copy players from Bests to Depth and back and the two totals ensure my spreadsheet is in balance. It stuffs up occasionally.

I have spent a fair few hours creating this. But it is a joy. Weekly I only need about 10 minutes to keep it up to date.

Just thought I would share this with you.

----------------------------

I picked some hypotheticals in the sheet to show what might happen this draft period. I think we need to beef up out forward stocks. They are pretty crap. I think our rucks are set. I think our tall defenders are getting set. Our medium and small defenders usually come out of our mids. I don't think we need mids this trade period. We also have some Academy kids next year. We are leaking mids(Parker) and still have Adams and Sheldrick in Depth.

Just my thoughts.

SwansList.png

Corrosive favouritism, or any issue at a club really, shows up the most when being challenged most I'd have thought.

Re evidence, it is just what I have heard from sources I consider to be reliable. You don't have to believe them, but I do.
You get 44 blokes together every week for just about every week of the year working closely side by side and tell me there are no corrosiveness. It is par for the course.

Sounds terrible!
I guess thats why so many players want to get traded out from the Swans...
oh wait, no players ask for a trade out, the Swans are famous for that, they must be doing something right

Except for the ones who ask for a trade like Dawson, Nankervis, Mitchell, Hewett, Mumford, Papley, Aliir (maybe), Parker etc

Xavier Richards. 😂

You get 44 blokes together every week for just about every week of the year working closely side by side and tell me there are no corrosiveness. It is par for the course.

100% especially if you keep a leader for too long.

Players become the locker room they walk into, not saying we have a poor culture,. but whoever we draft is walking into whatever current standards and practices we have

Wow! He just lost my respect...

But surely this is the wrong thread for this shit?
Why did he lose your respect? He was being honest. what he said happened. Our players played with the heart of a pea. They were shite. I am sick of seeing these belting in Grand Finals. Anyone who accepts this should be drummed out of the club immediately. This is not only not acceptable it is an abomination.

I have followed Glenelg in the SANFL all my life. My Uncle captained them to a Premiership, their first in 1934. We won another 39 years later, in 1973. I was there. But we had lost badly in 69 & basically like this Swans 2016 in 1970. We then lost again in '75, '77, '81, '82, '87, '88, '90 & '92.

Mind you win in '85 & '86. The next premiership was in 2019, then 2023 & 2024. But my point is we were on the end of some hidings & were known as the Bridesmaids. Because we never got to the alter to claim the Grail.

After all those losses I am sick of playing bridesmaids. I want to be claiming the Grail. I want to see huge success. Neil Kerley was a great coach but he was only able to get Glenelg 1 premiership in over 10 years, like Longmire fe coached 4 bridesmaids.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why did he lose your respect? He was being honest. what he said happened. Our players played with the heart of a pea. They were shite. I am sick of seeing these belting in Grand Finals. Anyone who accepts this should be drummed out of the club immediately. This is not only not acceptable it is an abomination.

I have followed Glenelg in the SANFL all my life. My Uncle captained them to a Premiership, their first in 1934. We won another 39 years later, in 1973. I was there. But we had lost badly in 69 & basically like this Swans 2016 in 1970. We then lost again in '75, '77, '81, '82, '87, '88, '90 & '92.

Mind you win in '85 & '86. The next premiership was in 2019, then 2023 & 2024. But my point is we were on the end of some hidings & were known as the Bridesmaids. Because we never got to the alter to claim the Grail.

After all those losses I am sick of playing bridesmaids. I want to be claiming the Grail. I want to see huge success. Neil Kerley was a great coach but he was only able to get Glenelg 1 premiership in over 10 years, like Longmire fe coached 4 bridesmaids.

The difference is you are a punter/supporter, and he is a great of the club...

If you can't see the difference, then that's on you... I didn't ask you or anyone else to support my view, and I don't apologise for holding it.

I cannot stand Jake Stringer, but for the right price , at least it is something I guess.

I still wouldn't mind them throwing Rohan a lifeline if he would come back with a young family.

We need players who can play next year imo.

I don't know who, wont pretend to have any inside info, but a few 18 year old flankers won't move the needle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot stand Jake Stringer, but for the right price , at least it is something I guess.

I still wouldn't mind them throwing Rohan a lifeline if he would come back with a young family.

We need players who can play next year imo.

I don't know who, wont pretend to have any inside info, but a few 18 year old flankers won't move the needle.
The so called experts say they can't understand where Stringer would fit into GWS forward line. But my guess is he won't. But he will fit into their mids. He is a bull in the mids & I always wondered why Don's coaches rarely play him there. He still kicks goals when resting and when on all he is even more dangerous.

I think GWS or Swans if smart would play him as the second Green/Heeney

Who would have guessed it. Oliver willing to take massive pay cut to get to Geelong
Austin Powers Laser GIF

If we can move up to 13 or higher

I would love Alex T or Armstrong

Alex T would be great cause I think he could step right into the swans and replace Rampe kinda like a AJ

I put him ahead of Armstrong

Because there are a few other quality forwards in the 20s and 30s like a Gerryn who probably will go 30s

If we can move up to p13 and nab another pick in the late 20s early 30s

We could get great KPD and KPF

Otherwise we could keep our current picks and if we can get another in the late 20s early 30s

We can pick up hybrid Forward KPF and KPD

Who would have guessed it. Oliver willing to take massive pay cut to get to Geelong
With packages under the table trade.

Here is the latest ESPN draft rankings (October):
Seems like there is a lot of half forwards and talls ranked near our early picks.

I wouldn't mind taking Hamish Davis as a medium forward and the best available tall forward.

Hamish Davis seems to have good endurance, has played WAFL and been regularly kicking goals. If he played in our forward line. He seems like he has got the tank to apply pressure, used to playing against mature bodies and is also a goal threat.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back