• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate Bailey Smith. Sure, he gets a lot of the ball. But he is not damaging with the ball. I think I read somewhere he has one of the lowest disposal rates to advantage. He reminds me of Tom Rockliff. Though I rate Tom much higher. High possession getters but low impact on the outcome of a game. Good luck Geelong.

Depends which Bailey Smith you get. The one in the last two years or the 21 year old Bailey who looked a top 3-4 player in the game in that finals series.

Hypothetical (Very)

Ladhams to St Kilda given they have pulled out of the Soldo conversation

Why on earth would we in a window give up the only realistic backup for Grundy and that's despite Ladhams being as dumb as a plank. McAndrew isn't getting it done and Green is 2 plus years away. So do tell Grundy goes down who is rucking?

Why on earth would we in a window give up the only realistic backup for Grundy and that's despite Ladhams being as dumb as a plank. McAndrew isn't getting it done and Green is 2 plus years away. So do tell Grundy goes down who is rucking?
Pick up a mature age ruck in the draft and Ladhams isn't that good anyway, but was a very hypothetical move anyway

I wouldn't.

I would, if we get 44 for Parker I'll see whether Essendon bite. He'd sure kick more goals than Amartey/McLean would. For all his faults he still kicked 42 goals this year. Watch the bloke win an AA next year as the 3rd forward for GWS.

I really hate this policy just saying, I get it but I hate it if you know what I mean. Unfortnately the same token we won't get Stringer, I'd much rather him than 3/4 of our forwards.
I know from some in the know at the brave dogs and a couple of journo's that he's an a hole and glad to get rid of him

I know from some in the know at the brave dogs and a couple of journo's that he's an a hole and glad to get rid of him

People said the same about Stengle. All I'm saying is I hate a blanket policy it prevents us getting someone who could be an absolute A Grader. I wouldn't believe too many journo's lol, the Damien Barrett's of the world love a headline

People said the same about Stengle. All I'm saying is I hate a blanket policy it prevents us getting someone who could be an absolute A Grader. I wouldn't believe too many journo's lol, the Damien Barrett's of the world love a headline
My journo is not like him . The bloke is a rat

If it were pick 3 and their F1, I'd certainly take that.

Would have been this year but won’t be like that next. One of those and probably a first for a second (our favour)

My comment was "use the magnets to provide development opportunities" which is exactly what you're saying.
Green is very tall. His opportunities will be to play tall roles. More regular time rucking seems pretty obvious but not to the extent of damaging him against guys like Soldo or Ned Moyle.
Lots of people have bemoaned the lack of midfield time afforded Magor or wing HBF time for Vickery for instance and have done so most of the season. Konstanty has at least played his position when fit. Midfield maybe? I dunno.
As to "game style" the VFL team had no discernible game plan which again was remarked upon many times. Perhaps it would be good if their game plan looked something like the seniors wherever possible.
I think we all hope Macca will sort a lot of this stuI remember at the start of last year (after trade period)

I remember commenting after the trade period last year as to how much depth we now have. Probably the best we had been in that position for many years. As a result, I expected our reserves side to have a very successful year as well as the senior side.
Either I was very wrong or the coach we had in the reserves was pretty useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember commenting after the trade period last year as to how much depth we now have. Probably the best we had been in that position for many years. As a result, I expected our reserves side to have a very successful year as well as the senior side.

But of A and B the coaching was diabolical though.

Three observations on our reserves:

1. Our top-up players aren’t as good as the genuine VFL sides.

2. Our depth isn’t great. In fact, it’s worryingly shallow.

3. The coaching was head-scratchingly bizarre at times.

The 2022 draft looking like a 100% bust hasn’t helped.

It hasn't allowed more player movement though it just elongates it out. Literally had 5 days of the trade period where no deals were done. 5 days and you get quick movement, like Parker would have already been traded imo
The Parker trade is really a joke. North would have known that we would certainly not accept their offer of 62 , so why waste time even making it. Conversely, Keane was just a guilty by saying we wanted their pick 25 which, again, was never going to be accepted.
Pick 44 is the obvious pick and more importantly, it is fair to both parties. Why the f..k do these list managers have to prove to the world how tough they are instead of just doing the obvious.

The Parker trade is really a joke. North would have known that we would certainly not accept their offer of 62 , so why waste time even making it. Conversely, Keane was just a guilty by saying we wanted their pick 25 which, again, was never going to be accepted.
Pick 44 is the obvious pick and more importantly, it is fair to both parties. Why the f..k do these list managers have to prove to the world how tough they are instead of just doing the obvious.
Because they thought if they said 62 after Darling was accepted for 67 that the Vic media would do what they did and say Sydney need to do well and let their veteran go. But Sydney haven't folded so hopefully they get the 44 outcome

You actually have to have contested ball winners Swans have Rowbottom and Heeney and thats it too many outside players that play "on ball" like Warner, Gulden, Mcinerney. So no you need 3-4 actually contested players thats why Adams was crucial to the Swans
Adams isn't crucial to anything unfortunately.
Cooked.

I guess Essington are planning on Melbourne sucking this year and that pick being top 6 next year?
Which I guess seems likely. Especially with Oliver and Petracca wanting out.

I guess if I were Melbourne I'd be shipping both of them out and going all-in on this draft. Why not, they're not going close with those two the main players anyways. Good draft to go large on by all accounts.

In a way it could be posturing and in a way it is keeping the powder dry.
Maybe Swans said "62 is bullshit therefore our response is 25, but unofficially we'll take 44".
North now knows that 44 will do it so now do they squeeze?
Alternately North may have said the something similar and it is the Swans who are recalcitrant.
Or is it a done deal but both parties are busy with other trades or potential trades and the paperwork will go in at the end?
Or did the AFL instruct both parties to hold it in order to create some drama, and thus clicks?
We won't know until Wednesday - which is probably what the AFL wants.

Hey it would be negligent to at least not try to get the two extremes (both clubs). You are right that 44 is fair though and it's just posturing at this point, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least ask for 25, we were never getting it but it's worth a hail mary.

Don't think 17 is that bad an offer anyway, BUT I do get it from both ends.

Still think if the Dogs are smart take the Cats future 1 if they don't want 17 this year. Alternatively maybe 17 plus a swap in the 2nds/3rd next year might be a happy medium.
Pick 17 this year will probably become 21 with the academy/NGA picks before that and this is said to be a very strong draft. Assuming Geelong finish in a similar position next year and have pick 15. There will no doubt be a couple of f/a compensation picks pushing that out to 17 at least but there seems to be multiple academy picks in the first round next year which would probably push that 17 to about 23/24 in a weaker draft.
I think the dogs just have to accept their fate and take 17 this year. It's still not as big a shaft as was done to us by Adelaide over Dawson.

Pick 17 this year will probably become 21 with the academy/NGA picks before that and this is said to be a very strong draft. Assuming Geelong finish in a similar position next year and have pick 15. There will no doubt be a couple of f/a compensation picks pushing that out to 17 at least but there seems to be multiple academy picks in the first round next year which would probably push that 17 to about 23/24 in a weaker draft.
I think the dogs just have to accept their fate and take 17 this year. It's still not as big a shaft as was done to us by Adelaide over Dawson.

Normally I agree but how is Geelong getting higher to satisfy the Dogs. The slight difference beween this and the Crows farce...they had pick 6 (or whatever it was), pretty sure they drafter Fisher McEstay or whatever his name was. Personally pick 17 and a swap next year Cats second for the Dogs fourth seems relatively fair. Something like that

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back