• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, it's not true anyway, just saying "Ladhams". As if we wouldn't take Smith if he had an interest, the kid's a star.

Might be, depends which Smith you get, the last two years or the 21 year old one. It is a risk, but he's worth a go.

So why not get Warner AND keep an extra quality pick?

You'd burn bridges doing it, not saying they can't but they haven't been that club before. Freo on the other hand have lately.

Freo burned a bridge with Collingwood more because of Collingwood's list managers not being the brightest and wagering an F1 on Schultz

Among others Bell has been as bad as Dodoro was lately

Geez Trade Radio doing the negotiating for Geelong. Trying to downplay Bailey Smith.
Think they mentioned his ACL no less than 5 times in the last 5 minutes.
Jay Clark (HSun journo) was on the FoxFooty trade show last week and was essentially a Geelong propaganda mouthpiece.

Best part was him claiming that essentially Geelong shouldn't have to pay more than pick 17 because they'd have to take on the responsibility of managing Smith's well publicised mental health issues. And yes the ACL also got a fair bit of attention.

Geelong have been chasing a contracted Smith for over 18 months.
Somehow the media narrative has become what a good mob they are doing the right thing by Smith.
Weird.

Jay Clark (HSun journo) was on the FoxFooty trade show last week and was essentially a Geelong propaganda mouthpiece.

Best part was him claiming that essentially Geelong shouldn't have to pay more than pick 17 because they'd have to take on the responsibility of managing Smith's well publicised mental health issues. And yes the ACL also got a fair bit of attention.

Somehow the narrative has become what a good mob they are doing the right thing by Smith.
Weird.
They deserve him. He is not the saviour. He is just a very naughty boy.

You'd burn bridges doing it, not saying they can't but they haven't been that club before. Freo on the other hand have lately.
Probably haven't had such a good opportunity before (if Chad wants to go) and they probably want to be nicer to clubs that might be attracting players back home where it's in their interest to get full value, i.e. not us.

No, because we would accept something (as we should) before it gets to that, like we did with Dawson, even if it's unders.
Which is what I assume will happen if that rumoured 2 yr deal doesn't eventuate.
So WC will split their top 3 pick and give us a pick in the teens.
Like Dawson he can walk off knowing we got comfortably better value than we paid in the draft for him, AND he gets to where he wants without hamstringing the team he goes to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bailey Smith will be a great acquisition for Geelong but only if they play him on the inside where he belongs. He is tough and powerful but not polished with his ball use so unsurprising he's not reached his full potential in the outside role he's in at the Bulldogs.

I'd imagine Chris Scott would have him earmarked to be a Dangerfield 2.0.

Somehow the media narrative has become what a good mob they are doing the right thing by Smith.
Weird.

Smith sent me some free deodorant so he is ok

Dan Hannerberry and Liam Pickering (Taylor's manager) believes Curtis Taylor would be a good fit for the Swans. Pickering says he has had that conversation with Chris Keane. I wonder if we're interested 🤔

Dan Hannerberry and Liam Pickering (Taylor's manager) believes Curtis Taylor would be a good fit for the Swans. Pickering says he has had that conversation with Chris Keane. I wonder if we're interested 🤔

Yes please in the Parker deal hopefully we can throw a f3/f2 to sweeten it

Doubt it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back