List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Picks 1-54 hold value from 2025 onwards and they still go from 3000 points down to 14 but they say a steeper curve. Taking away almost 10k points and and thats 6500 of those in the sweet spot (I'd guess in the 30-50 range).

Probably another couple thousand taken away from pick 20-30 as well to make it much tougher to match bids

20% discount --> 10% and possible to lower if needed after future review

2026:
Mid season draft pick trading

My other one got interviewed by the Swans yesterday and did well , KB said they had 45 more interviews to do , also said we will probably have only 3 picks in it
Chatted to him again last night and he was full of praise for KB and the new bloke John ? said so easy to get along with and good people and that's good to hear.

The entire pathway system is a bad joke.
Academies exist in the northern states because there is no elite competition for juniors and Australian Rules is/was the fourth football code in NSW and Qld.
Tasmania will need an Academy because they don't have the numbers to run elite juniors.
Same with NT if they get a franchise.
Victoria has a long established elite pathway and need nothing. Abolish NGA and broaden access to and support for Cat B as juniors.
What to do about SA and WA? Are their pathways adequate?
How do we get the best kids from the state schools?
Needs a total overhaul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JK thinks that?

I hope we give him another year just to see if he can pull it all together
It is interesting. Because I feel like Konstanty has been written off on the forums.

But then Papley gets injured and we seem a bit weak in that area. Small forward has become a more important role in recent years. And I can't see us drafting one this year. So having a 3rd year Konstanty on our list seems like an appealing option.

It is interesting. Because I feel like Konstanty has been written off on the forums.

But then Papley gets injured and we seem a bit weak in that area. Small forward has become a more important role in recent years. And I can't see us drafting one this year. So having a 3rd year Konstanty on our list seems like an appealing option.
You would think the Swans know whether they will re-sign him or not.
The Hanily drafting speaks volumes.
Has the Hanily signing motivated him to the point that he has changed his game? Is he now more motivated?
Is he just trade bait?
I guess we will find out later this year.

You would think the Swans know whether they will re-sign him or not.
The Hanily drafting speaks volumes.
Has the Hanily signing motivated him to the point that he has changed his game? Is he now more motivated?
Is he just trade bait?
I guess we will find out later this year.
Hanily is already better than Konstanty and imo Wicks. The kid can play.

The new rookie rule is now official from this year:

Clubs will be able to retain rookies for up to a maximum of 5 years, up from the current 3 years. This is to help give clubs more time to develop key position and taller talents as well as players from different backgrounds. Stipulations will mean the player cannot have played more than 10 games at the end of his fourth or fifth season to retain rookie status.

May give Stretch a lifeline for an extra year?

Picks 1-54 hold value from 2025 onwards and they still go from 3000 points down to 14 but they say a steeper curve. Taking away almost 10k points and and thats 6500 of those in the sweet spot (I'd guess in the 30-50 range).

Probably another couple thousand taken away from pick 20-30 as well to make it much tougher to match bids

20% discount --> 10% and possible to lower if needed after future review

2026:
Mid season draft pick trading
Re DVI - this is what Max Laughton from Fox posted yesterday: https://mcusercontent.com/7cd32ad25.../00853ebd-ebff-a840-7be0-feba31347590/DVI.pdf

1722648690319.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back