• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be good if Freo load up this year, makes it less likely for them to take Chad next year!
Yep they also need to make selections soon as they haven't made a FRP in the last 2 years. Yes they probably would get an exemption but they might not make a FRP for 5-6 years if they use both of their future picks in trades when that option opens up

We need to rule out bringing anyone of note in.

We have all our stars locked away on long term deals with only warner left.

Guys like errol and chad getting locked away is as good as bringing in a tracc level player .

The club has backed the list in and made the decision that they are the player to deliver our flag.

We won't be bringing anyone in for the foreseeable future

Guys like errol and chad getting locked away is as good as bringing in a tracc level player .

The club has backed the list in and made the decision that they are the player to deliver our flag.

Yep i also hope we don't try and bring in some failed player and expect to turn them into gold. Just continue to draft 2-3 quality player per year to allow the group to get older and more experienced.

How do you get 9 and 10 off Freo, without giving up Warner?
What do we get with 9 & 10?
We suck at finding anything decent in the top 20.
Just get rid of others & pay him some more to keep him.
We'll end up in the same spot but at least we don't have to waste 4 years of development in a unknown who should he turn out to be a gem, will want to move on at 24 or 25 years of age when at peak.

i'm sure we'll bring in lesser-known younger or role players, but pretty much yes, we should be focusing on keeping this core of players, as many of them, for as long as we can ... ruck likely the next major replacement issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's his draft year profile:

"has the ability to assume either a key post or intercepting role, with his impressive leap – the best at his year’s draft combine – and sturdy hands and frame holding him in good stead."
If he can assume the role of a key post then we DO NOT want him around the club. One of the boys will probably injure themselves on him. Most likely Rampe.

If we're going to bring in anyone it'll be like DGB or Will Phillips
DGB just feels a possibility:

• tall defender - check
  • still developing - check
  • we liked him in draft year - check
  • friendly with Logan - check
  • on the outer at current club - check

But …. gee he’s been disappointing so far.

DGB just feels a possibility:

• tall defender - check
  • still developing - check
  • we liked him in draft year - check
  • friendly with Logan - check
  • on the outer at current club - check

But …. gee he’s been disappointing so far.
I would prefer to re-sign Francis rather than ever consider him as an option

I don’t disagree.

But this year, it’s more likely that we bring in a throw at the stumps, as opposed to an established player.
Considering we still have Hamling and Adams on the books.

General defence is the only position I could see we take but looking at the out of contract players none really appeal

Considering we still have Hamling and Adams on the books.

General defence is the only position I could see we take but looking at the out of contract players none really appeal
Which is why I doubt that we will trade IN anyone unless we see them as a genuine improvement on someone we are trading out or delisting.
The draft will be very interesting and there are some suitable kids around our pick(s).

I don’t disagree.

But this year, it’s more likely that we bring in a throw at the stumps, as opposed to an established player.

I get the appeal of the throw at the stumps, but I would rather we give another year to the young players we drafted than roll the dice on fringe players at other clubs.

But my point with players like Phillips and DGB is that early draft picks that don't make it at their first club, get way over valued. They are all given every chance to succeed at their first club.

They can't get a game for a reason. The occasional one works out for their next club. But most don't.

Stay a way from them unless they are completely free in trade and salary and we have excess list spots.

Last edited:
I get the appeal of the throw at the stumps, but I would rather we give another year to the young players we drafted than roll the dice on fringe players at other clubs.

But my point with players like Phillips and DGB is that early draft picks that don't make it at their first club, get way over valued. They are all given every chance to succeed at their first club.

They can't get a game for a reason. The occasional one works out for their next club. But most don't.

Stay a way from them unless they are completely free in trade and salary and we have excess list spots.
THIS.
We scream for the rookies in the midfield to get a game or replacing Francis with another potential Francis and deny the rookie defenders a game. I get it when your shocking or don't have the younger depth you can go for it once or twice but we are at the point with our list that we are offloading those types of players not bringing them in

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back