• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People complain regardless, I like it being 10 days as it allows more player movement. It will be active today and tomorrow. Obviously Wednesday the big day with deadline
It hasn't allowed more player movement though it just elongates it out. Literally had 5 days of the trade period where no deals were done. 5 days and you get quick movement, like Parker would have already been traded imo

It hasn't allowed more player movement though it just elongates it out. Literally had 5 days of the trade period where no deals were done. 5 days and you get quick movement, like Parker would have already been traded imo

There's still stuff being done with pick trades which set up the big deals. Personally I'd have it finish Tuesday but much as who cares extra few days of trade talk is good for everyone

There's still stuff being done with pick trades which set up the big deals. Personally I'd have it finish Tuesday but much as who cares extra few days of trade talk is good for everyone
I just think a Monday through Friday and you have a 5 day trade period that works. No need for 10 days especially when trades can only be discussed on the weekend and not formally done

I just think a Monday through Friday and you have a 5 day trade period that works. No need for 10 days especially when trades can only be discussed on the weekend and not formally done

More than happy it finishing Monday, but I get why they do this. Already been a trade today

Yep and the last 6 days we haven't seen a player move only trading of picks. Thats 60% of the trade period basically being dead given that picks can still be traded later on

Yes we have all the FA moves have been done, that counts whether you like it or not.

I’d still take WC’s pick either this year or next it is a top 5 selection. Junk picks double figures don’t cut it for Warner.
I’m not across the intricacies of the draft and compo system like others but curious why it would be a given that we’d get the eagles’ best pick next year if Warner played out 2025 here, then left, wouldn’t it be a Dawson situation again? They would know we have no leverage and take that good pick off the table? If it’s a compo situation and we finished in the top half of the ladder, that pick would be garbage as well relative to Chad’s value?

Is the difference that Dawson wasn’t as highly regarded as Chad when we lost him (and no one seemed to appreciate his true value), so it was easier to screw us over?

Regardless, there seems to be no suggestion that he is open to going before 2026…feels like we are going to get dudded again.

It's clearly too long. 5 days is more than enough. Player managers and list managers have been clear though, they want it this long for $$$
More eyeballs for longer period.

I’m not across the intricacies of the draft and compo system like others but curious why it would be a given that we’d get the eagles’ best pick next year if Warner played out 2025 here, then left, wouldn’t it be a Dawson situation again? They would know we have no leverage and take that good pick off the table? If it’s a compo situation and we finished in the top half of the ladder, that pick would be garbage as well relative to Chad’s value?

Is the difference that Dawson wasn’t as highly regarded as Chad when we lost him (and no one seemed to appreciate his true value), so it was easier to screw us over?

Regardless, there seems to be no suggestion that he is open to going before 2026…feels like we are going to get dudded again.

Unlike Adelaide WC aren't going to you know what us. Freo's picks are utter trash. I'm hoping they waste them all on Bolton, etc so they are left with nothing of value.

Chad isn't Free Agency so that's irrelevant to him, it's a trade or PSD (won't happen) or a National draft nomination (with terms, Luke Ball the last instance this occurred it's extremely rare)

It's definitely a risk. There's no reason Eagles would have to offer us any early first rounder or multiple firsts next year, unless they feel like they want to be seen as fair. I don't know if they'd be at Adelaide levels, but I could see just a late first via swaps and a 2nd, or their future 1st (assuming they think they'd improve) and a later pick.

Dawson was certainly highly rated by us.

We will have few friends in the media to call for a fair trade, as if that matters anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez Trade Radio doing the negotiating for Geelong. Trying to downplay Bailey Smith.
Think they mentioned his ACL no less than 5 times in the last 5 minutes.

Geez Trade Radio doing the negotiating for Geelong. Trying to downplay Bailey Smith.

Don't think 17 is that bad an offer anyway, BUT I do get it from both ends.

Still think if the Dogs are smart take the Cats future 1 if they don't want 17 this year. Alternatively maybe 17 plus a swap in the 2nds/3rd next year might be a happy medium.

Agreed.

The trade period is like most basketball games - you may as well not bother with the first 3 quarters.
There are a lot of sports that you can honestly just wait for the announcer to scream and then look up as that is the only highlights of it all. Thats what it feels like for the trade period. Wait 2 days for the official announcement as nothing much happens in between

Don't think 17 is that bad an offer anyway, BUT I do get it from both ends.

Still think if the Dogs are smart take the Cats future 1 if they don't want 17 this year. Alternatively maybe 17 plus a swap in the 2nds/3rd next year might be a happy medium.
Smith wouldn't be welcome with us as we have a no dickhead policy and he is one

I don't rate Bailey Smith. Sure, he gets a lot of the ball. But he is not damaging with the ball. I think I read somewhere he has one of the lowest disposal rates to advantage. He reminds me of Tom Rockliff. Though I rate Tom much higher. High possession getters but low impact on the outcome of a game. Good luck Geelong.

Smith wouldn't be welcome with us as we have a no dickhead policy and he is one

I really hate this policy just saying, I get it but I hate it if you know what I mean. Unfortnately the same token we won't get Stringer, I'd much rather him than 3/4 of our forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back