• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it is too hard to predict. Inside the top 15 you can usually get an okay understanding of who will be available at your pick but outside the top 20 it is basically just throwing names out there as there is no real science, educated guesses or inside knowledge about it.
Yep the best we can do is basically limit the two selections to about 7 or 8 names and still then we will probably only get 1 out of the 2 given the Swans like to go bold

But we have 4 senior list spots available to use, lining up with 19, 22, 44 and matching Cochran

To have 4 available spots to use, we need to a) increase our senior list size to 38 from 37.

or

b) delist one of Mitchell or Francis.

As none of the above has happened yet, we currently have 3 senior list spots and 2 Cat A rookie list spots.

Delisting Kirk only impacts Cat B rookie list spots and no other list make up also so is a meaningless matter unless we have a player in the academy we think is better than him.

I predict we’ll bundle up our two first round picks to move up the draft and get a future draft pick to help for next year.

Last year we were spoiled with Grundy, Jordon and Adams, and we had a real crack with the likes of Naughton and Barrass.

It's incredibly deflating for our only move this year being to ship out a club legend for a 2rp while other teams got better.

People say you can only bring in players who want to come but what the **** is a recruitment department for?

Hard to get excited about the draft unless we take a ready-to-go small forward.

Not interested in 18 year olds for five years away when we only have a few seasons left of Heeney, Papley etc. in their prime and Sir Dane, Lloyd, Cunningham, Grundy all over 30 and still more important than they probably should be.
Would say it's 4th or 5th in our draft/trade needs. Horse just needs to play who we have.

To have 4 available spots to use, we need to a) increase our senior list size to 38 from 37.

or

As none of the above has happened yet, we currently have 3 senior list spots and 2 Cat A rookie list spots.

Delisting Kirk only impacts Cat B rookie list spots and no other list make up also so is a meaningless matter unless we have a player in the academy we think is better than him.

I predict we’ll bundle up our two first round picks to move up the draft and get a future draft pick to help for next year.
We won’t be delisting Francis. He had a contract extension

or

We just go up to 38 main list spots this year

We won’t be delisting Francis. He had a contract extension

Also I really don't understand peoples need and desire to delist the 24 to 30 players on our list, the ones not in the best 22 but can come in when we have injuries.

Yes Francis is not in our best 22, but if you delist him then who do we bring in if McCartin gets injured? If the answer is worse than Francis then of course we need to keep Francis.

Our depth is pretty bad right now, so delisting a current depth player is a bad idea. I disagreed with delisting Clarke, as while he was no world beater he was a solid depth player, someone we need.

It also means having a better reserves team, allowing our younger players a better environment to properly develop.

Also I really don't understand peoples need and desire to delist the 24 to 30 players on our list, the ones not in the best 22 but can come in when we have injuries.

Yes Francis is not in our best 22, but if you delist him then who do we bring in if McCartin gets injured? If the answer is worse than Francis then of course we need to keep Francis.

Our depth is pretty bad right now, so delisting a current depth player is a bad idea. I disagreed with delisting Clarke, as while he was no world beater he was a solid depth player, someone we need.

It also means having a better reserves team, allowing our younger players a better environment to properly develop.
I think for me it was initially thinking we could get someone better than him in but once i realised that i wasn't too fussed as i believe at least one of Edwards or Snell will go past him this year so he is just there to help develop Cochran and Snell/Edwards in the twos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'd feel better if I had faith that the coaches actually see the problems in our team and were prepared to make the decisions necessary to fix them.

But I don't.

So I was hoping the list managers and recruiters would.
I get this. We have some areas to supplement with draftees, maybe a mature age mid can help short term.

But unless we cop injuries to talls I think we have the talent. Possibly would have jettisoned Francis too and brought in another mature ager from a state league that at least has the potential to step up.

It's just whether we use our talent better.

Re: Warner. He won't leave for money, but he might extend for a year or two for money.

Still wanted us to sit with him and ask his intentions, try and get something done (trade-wise) before next year.

Unless we traded him early, there's nothing we can do except hope Eagles are fair if that's the destination, which they may not be and that singular problem won't be our fault.

In the end a very boring period that you could have predicted from day 1.

Most would have said Parker for 44 and delist Konstanty prior to the trade period and thats effectively what we got

Last year we were spoiled with Grundy, Jordon and Adams, and we had a real crack with the likes of Naughton and Barrass.

It's incredibly deflating for our only move this year being to ship out a club legend for a 2rp while other teams got better.

People say you can only bring in players who want to come but what the **** is a recruitment department for?
The best players are unlikely to be swayed by a recruiter. Think back to Grundy's comments about meeting with the club heavies.
And the Sydney Tax is real and significant.
If you're someone who can earn on the side, buy real estate cheaper and live cheaper you need a lot more in a Sydney contract to break even.
Then you get to the social factors - friends, family, familiarity. Those of us who love Sydney maybe don't realise there are a lot of people who don't like it.
I think last year was the odd one out in terms of trades but next year could be quite interesting as there may be a few good players available and we have a lot coming OOC.

It may have been a hastily written story on the Swans website, but interesting that Konstanty was not thanked for his service - while Parker was.

Keane also didn’t acknowledge a contribution from Konstanty in his albeit very brief remarks in his interview.

Usually they do have a perfunctory thank you. Maybe it will come… or maybe Konstanty burned his bridges.

He will be thanked , your very quick , Parker is a champ

I think we would all say this tongue in cheek but I wonder whether this caused his stocks at the club to plummet rapidly. I mean, he was being talked up as an early debutante in 2023 but then copped injuries, busted Mills' shoulder, then literally never to be seen again.

He must have felt TERRIBLE after it happened. Likely impacted him a fair bit coming into the next season. I mean the club captain....bit like going to work for Microsoft and running over Bill Gates in the car park really. Mills is no Bill Gates, but you get the idea.

So, who are we drafting with our 2 late first rounders?

Without having had too much of a look so far this year, perhaps drafting both the Whitlock twins would be a handy get? I think they both stand 199cm and 200cm, so a couple of good size KPP that can play both ends!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Their timeline might line-up with Green's so if we were going to do something like that, this would be the year maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back