• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not going to happen. First off what club would be mad enough to walk a player of Chad's calibre through the PSD knowing any club ahead of them could pick him up. Especially since Freo is also interested.

The PSD threat is near a fallacy these days - clubs just don't do it.

There is a real chance West Coast finishes last in 2025.

Have to assume he was going to be delisted if we didn’t get him a trade.
Paying the price for earlier wrestling exploits

The PSD threat is near a fallacy these days - clubs just don't do it.

But is this because the club losing the player now always chooses to take something over nothing?

I think the threat of PSD has resulted in poor compo at least a few times?

Hopefully a couple of non-WA clubs can come last and second last, to really dilute the threat.

Probably, but not guaranteed, and if West Coast finish 17th in 2025 then the PSD is a real threat.

West coast will improve heaps watch

It may have been a hastily written story on the Swans website, but interesting that Konstanty was not thanked for his service - while Parker was.

Keane also didn’t acknowledge a contribution from Konstanty in his albeit very brief remarks in his interview.

Usually they do have a perfunctory thank you. Maybe it will come… or maybe Konstanty burned his bridges.

I'd have liked us to go after anyone who ticked the boxes of either a contested inside mid, or a small forward of any kind. They were out there. We either weren't interested or we failed to convert our interest into trades. Neither impresses me.

If it is because our salary cap is full, then that impresses me even less, because I don't think our list is good enough for our salary cap to be chockers.

Just my opinion.
Riley Garcia and Joe Richards were types I personally were keen on. Both showed great flashes this year.

We pushed late to try and acquire them but Garcia's management wanted more money than what we offered (journo on trade radio said that) and it was hard to see us match Ports 4 year deal for Richards.

One of the main goals for the list this year was to retain the core players on long deals (Loges, OFlo and Hayward), so given the cap space seems a bit tight it was understandable that we didn't play hardball for the players out on the market.

We sat on our hands this time two years ago and have done the same thing again this trade period, but our list looks far more superior than what it was in 22. We had a very productive offseason last year.

Within our list who knows as well. Gussy or Cleary could be on the verge of a big 2025. It's why I feel it's a good time to be offloading Parker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paying the price for earlier wrestling exploits
I think we would all say this tongue in cheek but I wonder whether this caused his stocks at the club to plummet rapidly. I mean, he was being talked up as an early debutante in 2023 but then copped injuries, busted Mills' shoulder, then literally never to be seen again.

I think we would all say this tongue in cheek but I wonder whether this caused his stocks at the club to plummet rapidly. I mean, he was being talked up as an early debutante in 2023 but then copped injuries, busted Mills' shoulder, then literally never to be seen again.
I have no doubt this was part of the decision.

I would have liked to see us talk to Xavier O Hallaron. Watched plenty of him last sewaon and is a real competitive beast who never gives up, someone we could have used . He now stays at GWS.

It may have been a hastily written story on the Swans website, but interesting that Konstanty was not thanked for his service - while Parker was.

Keane also didn’t acknowledge a contribution from Konstanty in his albeit very brief remarks in his interview.

Usually they do have a perfunctory thank you. Maybe it will come… or maybe Konstanty burned his bridges.

Very petty from the club if that is the case.

You have to think about it logically and not keep going back to Konstanty being pick 20.

Konstanty is probably behind all of Papley, Campbell, Cleary, Wicks and Hanily for the small forward role
Parker wanted midfield time and rightfully the extra 1.5m that North offered over 2 more years.

We clear off a spare 500k (difference from Parker contract to rookie contract) to dangle at Warner, if we can do that for his 2025 contract. We also open up 2 main list spots (allowing us 4 main list spots at the national draft). We also got pick 44 which will come into pick 40 after bidding and thus can be moved on if someone wants some draftee badly or we can draft a slider

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back