• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Compo picks are of little value unless you're a bottom club. Just like Hawthorn getting pick 19 for the best player in the competition and who was earning the most money after winning the flag in 2013.

If I had my way there wouldn’t be any in the first round. My personal belief is free agency should be that but at worst make the first round free. If Franklin can get pick 18 compo why do others need more makes zero sense. Just put them after r1, it would stop this ridiculous thing of clubs where it’s better to let players go for a free top 10 pick. You want to do it for pick 20 be my guest

Even if we did finish last we wouldn’t do it. Club has said a few times over the years that it doesn’t operate like that and values good trading relationships.

I thought Adelaide were fair traders too a few years ago.

While I respect West Coast as a club I do worry that if you guys are offered the chance to get a player of Warner's quality for practically nothing you might just go for it.

I think Sydney better be damn sure Warner is going to re-sign or what they have done in the last week is going to bite us in the arse a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure we will be top 4 next season.

Brissy
Collingwood
Hawks
Giants
Freo
Carlton
Cats

all going to be better than us.

Heeney has a cooked ankle and Chad half way out the door. Teams worked us out and won't allow us corridor use we can't cope with pressure and haven't improved as a list

2025 set to be a gem
Bulldogs as well will be hard to beat, GC improving.

Not sure we will be top 4 next season.

Brissy
Collingwood
Hawks
Giants
Freo
Carlton
Cats

all going to be better than us.

Heeney has a cooked ankle and Chad half way out the door. Teams worked us out and won't allow us corridor use we can't cope with pressure and haven't improved as a list

2025 set to be a gem
Seasons over before it started.
Imagine when the draw comes out, that will be the final nail in the coffin.

Last year was our trading year I don’t know how much more transparent the club could be

Last year was our trade period Grundy, Adams and Jordan all have been degrees of very good.

This year was all about taking the two early picks to the draft maybe trading up (that will be in the pick swap time), and preparing for next years draft with 3 academy kids.

People are still emotional about a yes horrible GF, forget it, it’s in the past. We were 13-3 in that season were you splitting chips at that point? Horse made some very poor decisions notably bringing injured blokes back.
Unfortunately mate, I can’t get the GF out of my head.
I will watch this team next year but even when they are doing their finger twirling after a goal or Paps does his full of bravado bumping of unsuspecting players after a goal, my image of the team will always now be of the timid bunch of soft f k n c . cos that showed no fight on that day. Not once but twice.
Sorry until they win the flag this lot are tainted in my mind & heart until our team has turned this lot over for an untainted new lot.
They won’t see another GF this lot & nor should they.

Unfortunately mate, I can’t get the GF out of my head.
I will watch this team next year but even when they are doing their finger twirling after a goal or Paps does his full of bravado bumping of unsuspecting players after a goal, my image of the team will always now be of the timid bunch of soft f k n c . cos that showed no fight on that day. Not once but twice.
Sorry until they win the flag this lot are tainted in my mind & heart until our team has turned this lot over for an untainted new lot.
They won’t see another GF this lot & nor should they.

Actually confident about next year myself as I do feel the penny has dropped maybe it’s blind faith

I thought Adelaide were fair traders too a few years ago.

While I respect West Coast as a club I do worry that if you guys are offered the chance to get a player of Warner's quality for practically nothing you might just go for it.

I think Sydney better be damn sure Warner is going to re-sign or what they have done in the last week is going to bite us in the arse a lot.

The clubs seem to have a good relationship when we have traded so I’d hope we wouldn’t go down that path & it’s fair for both parties.

A ITK poster on the eagles board mentioned earlier today that if you won the GF Warner was gone & that the deal would have been 3 & our F1 for Warner & your pick which is now 22. He appears to be legit IMO

The clubs seem to have a good relationship when we have traded so I’d hope we wouldn’t go down that path & it’s fair for both parties.

A ITK poster on the eagles board mentioned earlier today that if you won the GF Warner was gone & that the deal would have been 3 & our F1 for Warner & your pick which is now 22. He appears to be legit IMO
We'll rue not trying to make it happen.

So, who are we drafting with our 2 late first rounders?

Without having had too much of a look so far this year, perhaps drafting both the Whitlock twins would be a handy get? I think they both stand 199cm and 200cm, so a couple of good size KPP that can play both ends!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

If I had my way there wouldn’t be any in the first round. My personal belief is free agency should be that but at worst make the first round free. If Franklin can get pick 18 compo why do others need more makes zero sense. Just put them after r1, it would stop this ridiculous thing of clubs where it’s better to let players go for a free top 10 pick. You want to do it for pick 20 be my guest
You have made this point regularly but it's all about the AFL's equalisation so they're not going to change it. If a player is taken from a top club and is offered $1M a year by his new club that club gets an ordinary compensatory pick even though it is still band 1. The AFL feels successful clubs can afford to lose some free agents.
If however that scenario plays out with a lower club, the AFL feels compelled to give them better compensation as they cannot afford to lose their better players hence a better pick.
I realise it compromises the draft but I can live with that. If I were a supporter of a bottom placed club and had one of the bigger/successful clubs (or those who aren't subject to the salary cap like Geelong) take our best player under f/a and my club received no compensation, I would be totally pissed off.

So, who are we drafting with our 2 late first rounders?

Without having had too much of a look so far this year, perhaps drafting both the Whitlock twins would be a handy get? I think they both stand 199cm and 200cm, so a couple of good size KPP that can play both ends!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it is too hard to predict. Inside the top 15 you can usually get an okay understanding of who will be available at your pick but outside the top 20 it is basically just throwing names out there as there is no real science, educated guesses or inside knowledge about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back