• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly disappointing trade period. In my naivety, I assumed we were still in our premiership window and the club would seek to top up with a couple of mature agers to try to give us the best chance of breaking through next year. Other clubs do this all the time. Instead we got rid of a club champion for peanuts and brought no one in.

My optimism for next year has plummeted. It appears the club has simply accepted a premiership's not to be with the current group, which seems a bit weak to me. This lack of ambition makes me more angry than the GF did :(.

What do some think we should've done , i think some just want change so they can post ####.
It's done , move on and hope we pick well .
Remember we signed everyone and there is no room to move !
I would have preferred we do nothing and just have given Parker an extension than what we did.

Now, if we parlay Parker's salary into an extension for Chad, and that is the only way that was possible, then ok, but if that doesn't happen then why the hell did we do it?

It may have been a hastily written story on the Swans website, but interesting that Konstanty was not thanked for his service - while Parker was.

Keane also didn’t acknowledge a contribution from Konstanty in his albeit very brief remarks in his interview.

Usually they do have a perfunctory thank you. Maybe it will come… or maybe Konstanty burned his bridges.

What has Konstanty contributed to the club? Will be forever known as the bloke who broke Mills shoulder and was a part of the Parker trade. I guess they thank him for getting the trade over the line?

I would have preferred we do nothing and just have given Parker an extension than what we did.

Now, if we parlay Parker's salary into an extension for Chad, and that is the only way that was possible, then ok, but if that doesn't happen then why the hell did we do it?

If you put things in reverse and we were trying to lure a 32 year old on a 3 year deal this would board would have gone off about list management.

That’s why we let Parker go.

So next year I feel we're either top 4 contending again or another GF loss like that really deflates the team and they miss finals, players lose faith in Horse, Warner leaves.

What has Konstanty contributed to the club? Will be forever known as the bloke who broke Mills shoulder and was a part of the Parker trade. I guess they thank him for getting the trade over the line?

Least he forced Horse into playing Heeney as a midfielder that’s a positive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club does remarkably well in spite of Horse's best efforts to keep us losing

Unfortunately one of Horse’ issues is he’s very set in his ways with selection which comes back to drafting where we have one good small forward on our list in Paps. The 3 tall structure won’t work. It might work if you have a TDK ruck but generally it won’t.

Let’s see when Warner demands to go home and we get offered pick 17 or nothing next year and see how that looks.
Lets make him happy and maybe if we win the flag he can go home , your sounding like Damien Barrett
Nothing will be known for months , relax

As much as it hurts to say, we definitely needed Parker’s money off the books next year. It was our only shot of keeping Warner tbh.
Konstanty going considering he never truly got a shot hurts a lot and leaves even more holes in our list in terms of needs.
Now we really have to turn either Cleary or Hanily into a small forward full time next year as cover for Papley and or Wicks.

So do we do something with 58 for next year? Package 58 and 44 for something next year if we’ve maxed out our list numbers?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back