• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair that's how I read the initial post too. Thought it said "AFL average".
OK then. What is the average AFL wage. Lets get a figure then add SuperStaroverinflateeverythingStar estimation of Parkers salary. Then lets add 350k-400k on top and see his estimation of what North are paying him.

OK then. What is the average AFL wage. Lets get a figure then add SuperStaroverinflateeverythingStar estimation of Parkers salary. Then lets add 350k-400k on top and see his estimation of what North are paying him.
No takers?

Well Swans were only paying the difference. Parkers was backended. So his salary was high.

So take Parkers high salary -(minus) what North are paying a 31 year old = about peanuts.

So SuperStarNoFactsAgain is full of it.

I rest.

Clarke's also from my hometown, so it's a pity we don't need a medium size half back.

That said he's apparently decent one-on-one for his size and can go forward as a medium option, so it'd almost be worth the melts when people google image search on draft night after we take him at 26.

Would join the illustrious Mount Gambier Swans hall of fame including Simon Feast and Nick Daffy.

I’d take him over the 3 I really don’t want under any circumstances. I don’t hate him at 26 anyway

440k is the average I go off, take it to 450k on a high end

No takers?

Well Swans were only paying the difference. Parkers was backended. So his salary was high.

So take Parkers high salary -(minus) what North are paying a 31 year old = about peanuts.

I rest.
Yep my initial guess was like 50-100k which in the grand scheme of things won't mean much and also will be a free 100k off the contract list next year as well

Cleary just ran out of characters because he doesn't have X premium. Even though he could have just created a second tweet below it, unless he doesn't know how to post both tweets at the same time

Join the club there wouldn’t know how to embed tweets

Look Ladhams is bang average, but McAndrew showed absolutely minimal progress this season, especially in the 'around the ground' aspects of his role. All he would do now is clog Green for opportunities - you couldn't keep both. And if heaven forbid, Grundy was out for an extended period, it would have been a massive call to have Big Mac as next in line.

Hopefully with Truslove going and McVeigh incoming as coach, some of the utterly bonkers decision making related to the VFL team will improve.
Ladhams has shown he is capable of playing ruck at AFL level. His issues are between his ears. Stretch could win hitouts and tackle, otherwise could not hit the side of a barn with his kicking. Clearly not AFL standard.

With the fact that Ladhams still has a year to run on his contract, the notion to de-list Ladhams and keep Stretch makes no sense.

No takers?

I rest.
I mean you waited 6 mins...

If it is "AFL average" then it would be Parker's backended salary, potentially $800k or more, minus the AFL average salary which is about $450k.

So that would fit with the $350k mentioned.

Now, if it's not AFL average, but the average of Parker's contract, that's different, but it's still probably $150-200k.

Note this assumes the 4 x $700k rumour back when he re-signed is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean you waited 6 mins...

If it is "AFL average" then it would be Parker's backended salary, potentially $800k or more, minus the AFL average salary which is about $450k.

So that would fit with the $350k mentioned.

Now, if it's not AFL average, but the average of Parker's contract, that's different, but it's still probably $150-200k.
In other words, whatever it is, it is not significant. It is not enough to make a big deal out of it whatever it is. My point.

In other words, whatever it is, it is not significant. It is not enough to make a big deal out of it whatever it is. My point.

Pretty much getting the 700-800k off the books is the key. We resign Chad etc next year that’s more important

I mean, it's not nothing, but I don't have a big issue with it. I just saw how the post could have been read differently, because that's what I did before it was quickly deleted from this thread.

We were going to pay it if he stayed. We are saving money. Someone else is paying the majority of it now. SuperStaroverstate everything is saying this is costing us. No. We are saving. We are paying the difference only. Not his whole backended salary next year.

We were going to pay it if he stayed. We are saving money. Someone else is paying the majority of it now. SuperStaroverstate everything is saying this is costing us. No. We are saving. We are paying the difference only. Not his whole backended salary next year.

Correct and the amount we save unless we are near the cap we can bank for next year OR we can pay one of our stars a bit more. There’s options. We also may want to get a specific guy via the SPP or the mod season draft period

Not exactly that but Parkers list spot we now probably are only paying 300k instead of 800k which could be good for the chance of loading Chads deal in 2025 season.

It is directly linked that’s another let’s say 250k we have to throw at Chad you’d assume a few youngsters like Cleary need upgrades so that’s the other bit.

What a awful trade period this just makes it even worse no wonder we asked for their 2nd round pick

Pick 44 is close to a second will come into pick 39 ish. We would have had to pay the full amount to get pick 25 and we probably don’t a f2 maybe at best. Pick 44 was fair their first offer wasn’t.

Might be one of those that performs better against comparatively smaller teenagers, but if we're looking for defensive efforts and inside grunt, with an eye for a goal and admittedly questionable field kicking (Parker 2.0 anyone?), then Cody Anderson might be an option for our 3rd pick.

Some of the defensive stuff, chasing and down back is impressive in the vid. Some of the disposal and banging it forward, not so much.

Jack Ough, pronounced "Oh" (as the commentator learned at some point during the 2nd qtr below) is a 194cm winger that moved into midfield this year. Doesn't look the cleanest (often in congestion), and again, maybe his height against opponents covers stuff up, but some of his quick handpasses and ability to use his height to compete and intercept was good.

Maybe with a few pre-seasons of gym work, he might be a decent pickup as a bigger mid. And he's a December DOB, maybe slightly more upside. Not sure he makes it to our 3rd though.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back