Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah even the returning players who are "right to go" are still gonna be nowhere near match fit, coming in to play in a crunch away elimination final. And we'll have about 5 of them :oops:
None of Charlie, Harry, Williams, gov or Boyd have missed more than 2 games. No real issue with match fitness there.

Ones with match fitness issues would be TDK, Martin (as he never plays matches to be match fit), Doc and Marchy if we wanted to go with him for some odd reason.

I guess Cerra would too, but I assume he isn't in the picture.

On paper Young should be a good matchup for Hipwood. He's been pretty good defensively lately...sill shaky with ball in hand but if he can shut Hipwood out I'll take that.
Not going to disagree. That's why I called it unlucky

I'd have no qualms with dropping Motlop (who I said was on his last chance) but thought with Durdin possibly injured and Owies possibly suspended, we may need Motlop

Just wondering... I am one of those who hope Young can take that next step with consistency/ game involvement. Last 2 weeks have been good. However, my perception is that both Daniher and Hipwood don't mind getting on their bike upfield, and forward line is also open to their collection of small forwards. If Gov is good to go, does that mean Young will be an out?

Just wondering... I am one of those who hope Young can take that next step with consistency/ game involvement. Last 2 weeks have been good. However, my perception is that both Daniher and Hipwood don't mind getting on their bike upfield, and forward line is also open to their collection of small forwards. If Gov is good to go, does that mean Young will be an out?
I think Young has to play really. Wont work having a Kemp or Gov on Daniher/Hipwood.

Defence has worked fine last 2 weeks with him there. Hopefully it can again.

Yeah I'm not sold on that - their last game was August 11, so will be pretty much a full month between runs.
Williams August 18. I am not too concerned, I don't think playing this week instead of next week would help the guys who have been out.

Ideally no one was injured at all, but my point still stands it isn't like we are bringing a whole bunch in who haven't played in months.

Boyd did a good job in the prelim last year after having not played for a couple of months. Lets hope for the best.

Williams August 18. I am not too concerned, I don't think playing this week instead of next week would help the guys who have been out.

Ideally no one was injured at all, but my point still stands it isn't like we are bringing a whole bunch in who haven't played in months.

Boyd did a good job in the prelim last year after having not played for a couple of months. Lets hope for the best.
Oh yep forgot Williams played vs West Coast soz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Liam Jones get a fine and Owies a week?

This is the back six from the opening Round.

[17] Brodie Kemp ,[33] Lewis Young ,[42] Adam Saad
HB
[11] Mitch McGovern ,[24] Nic Newman ,[6] Zac Williams

Boyd was the 7th defender.

Take Young out and put Weitering in seems to be the logical move. We now have Cincotta, Cowan and O Hollands in the mix. Will Kemp stay forward? I can see a scenario where Young plays.

Confirmed? Can't find it being reported anywhere.

But yeah thats pretty insane if true :drunk:

Wtaf

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back