Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you say the same thing if we won, I’m guessing no.
It all depends now doesn’t it. Based off his 2 games, he is a safe bet compared to Cerra and currently playing like a player who has played 100 games and the LM team look like superstars picking him up in the MSD.

If people can’t see how good he is and what he has already done to our midfield dynamic, then there’s no helping them

Carlton are looking down the barrel against Brissy at the GABBA.

We need to take risks and start pulling some Rabbits out of Hats to win this one.

This is NOT the time to play it SAFE ... We need to RISK ALL and throw everything we have at the Lions on Saturdee night

Being conservative just ain't gonna cut it ... imo.

Carlton have nothing to lose and get a free swing at this .... swing HARD!!! ... and leave everything you got out there
You’re spot on ..& here’s the team to get it done!!!

B Cripps OHollands TDK
HB Hewett Fantasia Lemmey
C Young McKay Weitering
HF Williams Saad Boyd
F Binns Pitto Carroll
R Charlie Hollands Kemp
Int Walsh, Kennedy, Gov, Willo.
Sub Doc - because we don’t want to be silly!

7 injuries in one game and you right the club off from that game?
Every club would have got slaughtered in the same circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We were well on the way to being pantsed in that game before the injuries, if we didn't cop any it just would have been a 5-6 goal loss instead of 12 imo

For me it was the Collingwood game. They ain't much chop this year, if you can't beat them a month out from the end of the season and clinging to top 4 you simply aren't serious - and we're not, sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re spot on ..& here’s the team to get it done!!!

B Cripps OHollands TDK
HB Hewett Fantasia Lemmey
C Young McKay Weitering
HF Williams Saad Boyd
F Binns Pitto Carroll
R Charlie Hollands Kemp
Int Walsh, Kennedy, Gov, Willo.
Sub Doc - because we don’t want to be silly!
Lions be like, Wtaf!!!!!

Not the knee I’m worried about. Hadn’t played a full game in a season. Home and away match would be crazy without a VFL hit out or two but straight back into it for an elimination final is just stupid imo. No other player who’s had match play and match fitness to come in? Surely he’ll be sub..

Doc isn't an 18 year old unaware of the pressure of a final

Doc isn't an 18 year old unaware of the pressure of a final
Match touch and fitness is a big thing and finals are up another level. 1st couple games of the season players struggle after months of fitness training. I’m not worried about his mental state or knee. Lack of match play, cohesion, patterns… but since the last 7 weeks or so we’ve had no cohesion, patterns or identifiable game plan guess he’ll fit right in.

So Doc must have been in training for a while as was reported, good stuff. You'd think he's had to tick boxes for several weeks now without any semblance of a setback to be considered, so while it may seem risky he must be hitting every marker possible and then some. Perhaps not as risky as we thought.

As much as I'm looking forward to his on field return, more than anything I'm excited about his vocal leadership and organisation behind the ball, organisationally we've clearly missed it.

Match touch and fitness is a big thing and finals are up another level. 1st couple games of the season players struggle after months of fitness training. I’m not worried about his mental state or knee. Lack of match play, cohesion, patterns… but since the last 7 weeks or so we’ve had no cohesion, patterns or identifiable game plan guess he’ll fit right in.

While i get the whole match fit/touch, nowadays, players train harder than gameday

Doc has been in full training for some time, I think he would be the least of our concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back