Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton are looking down the barrel against Brissy at the GABBA.

We need to take risks and start pulling some Rabbits out of Hats to win this one.

This is NOT the time to play it SAFE ... We need to RISK ALL and throw everything we have at the Lions on Saturdee night

Being conservative just ain't gonna cut it ... imo.

Carlton have nothing to lose and get a free swing at this .... swing HARD!!! ... and leave everything you got out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee. I hope not
Haha I think it’s easy to get to 5-6 names , personally I wouldn’t play Moir or Durdin fitness wise , owies is out , that’s 3 and then 2 of binns , Motlop , fantasia and carrol …. Then it’s pitto or tdk .. if the mc wants cerra and martin to play the 4 above choose all 4 but I personally wouldn’t play Martin or cerra

I like it how they were cautious of Doc’s knee while dunking his head in water
f069bfb0a2866c00601af4c9755fecb5.jpg

It's not a soft tissue injury, it's a ligament injury. The risk is he does another ACL or he doesn't. If he does another ACL, that would be terrible, but I don't think there's any more liklihood of that happening now than in say 6 months time in Round 1 next year. It's not like the ACL repair is a soft tissue injury that gets stronger and stronger over time.
That's a fair point, but I'd be worried about the stability of the knee when rushing him back into a contact sport.

Also this is his 3rd ACL, what does that mean psychologically when going into a high impact collision. We know he is a strong person but how confident is he going into a contest when he's likely now susceptible to repeat injuries due to his history & age

We know finals is brutal and if these are possibilities why are we risking it. Sometimes sport requires harsh choices for success, and doc missing out would be harsh, however the decisions should be about what's best for the team to succeed.

Anyway it's just a thought, he is playing and I'm happy for him as a big fan of his (player and person)

I like it how they were cautious of Doc’s knee while dunking his head in water
f069bfb0a2866c00601af4c9755fecb5.jpg
I must admit I was worried a bit when he went up in the air 😅

Geez gonna be a nervous watch in the real deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back