Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? You were two games clear in second 7 weeks ago. Now you’ve had a piss weak freo roll over and gift you a default spot. Similar to 2013. A massive choke!! Enjoy the ride but I reckon it may only last a half!!

That’s a half more than 9 other teams baybay! Yours included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad , I'm just not sure we can dump all 3 of the small forwards. I'm keeping Owies and he can replace Lord on the bench.

Yeah, I had Fog in initially, until told he was gone for the season. Should have brought one more back in instead of Carroll perhaps.

I think we should all be grateful and happy we are playing finals.

Yep it was a game we should not have lost at the end but that does not matter now.

Was just as tough watching the Freo v Port game as ours and I have never barracked harder for another team in my life.

I hope we keep Lord and Moir in.

Little Durds looks cooked sadly after being so good in first 1/2 v Weagles , Carroll, Fantasia, Binns and Young all will probably make way for some of our best.

I am rapt we are playing finals and ANYTHING is possible.

GO BLUES.

Love the optimism but our only 2 wins in the last 2 months are v North and WCE. You don’t just roll into finals at the Gabba and flick a switch. Unfortunately, I think it ends ugly in a fortnight, irrespective of the ins.

Are you serious? You were two games clear in second 7 weeks ago. Now you’ve had a piss weak freo roll over and gift you a default spot. Similar to 2013. A massive choke!! Enjoy the ride but I reckon it may only last a half!!
Sabrina Carpenter Lol GIF by Chicken Shop Date

Feels nuts to even be trying to predict our team for this game... from what I can see on the injury list the following are maybes:

Boyd (2-5 weeks), Cerra (???), Charlie (test), TDK (2-3), C Durdin (played today, but shouldn't have), S Durdin (1-2), Fantasia (played today but shouldn't have), Marchbank (test), Martin (1 week), McGovern (test), McKay (1-2), O'Keefe (test), Saad (played today, but was proppy).

Add in the theorised Docherty return and that's up to 11 extra players available, plus three who played and will look totally different with a couple of weeks extra under their belts.

Everything about team selection comes back to whether Charlie/McKay/TDK are fit and available though. Put any two in and we are a chance IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins: Charles, TDK, Cerra, McGov, Williams
Outs: Motlop, Durdin, Pitto, Young (unlucky), Lij

Def: Weiters, McGov, Saad, Newman, Cinc, Ollie, Cowan

Mids: TDK, Crippa, Walsh, Cerra, Acres, Binns, George, Lord

Fwd: Charles, Kemp, Willo, Chugga, Owies, Fantasia, Carroll

Sub: Moir

Dropping Elijah Hollands ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huge chance of an upset here. Genuinely believe we can pinch a finals win.

A lot of people jumped off this afternoon and rightly so it was ****ing emotional but the last 2 weeks have been full of heart. A couple of these young blokes will stay in the side, they are hungry and we should get 3 or 4 of our weapons back who will be frothing for this.

Bring on the Gabba. Enjoy it. September feels so good.

Boys have shown lots of character and fight over the past 2 games that was sorely missing previously.

Those were the key ingredients.. along with better F50 entries.

If we can bring the exact same to this final, with some players back, we're quite capable of causing an upset.

Go get em Baggers!

Hopefully it’s one of the first games of the round so we have that tiny bit extra to recover for the next interstate game against SYD/GWS should we be good enough to make it.

Love the optimism but our only 2 wins in the last 2 months are v North and WCE. You don’t just roll into finals at the Gabba and flick a switch. Unfortunately, I think it ends ugly in a fortnight, irrespective of the ins.
We flicked a switch after the Sydney game. Why can't we do it in 2 weeks time with fresh players returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back