Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was only referring to one of them and he is.

Williamson seems to make vast numbers of non-calls for the most egregious of offences before pulling out the most technical soft free imaginable.

But…

There was a period last year where many of his soft calls were actually in our favour. I guess the perception that he holds an anti Carlton bias may be observable behaviour but may also be rooted in our tendency to recall those elements that confirm our preconceptions.

He doesn’t cheat, but **** it feels like it

Embarrassing comments. They do not cheat. Just make some dodgy decisions. Do better.
Umpires in world sport get done for match fixing and cheating all the time what are you talking about. There was a brownlow rigging scandal only a few years ago + other things in this very code.

In Curnow, McKay, Tdk, Gov
Out Motlop (omitted), Fantasia (omitted), Carroll (injured), Pittonet

Team is as follows:
Saad, Weitering, Gov
Cowan, Young, Newman
Ollie, Cripps, Acres
Elijah, McKay, Owies
Kemp, Curnow, Durdin
Tdk, Hewett, Walsh
Cincotta, Durdin, Lord, Binns
Moir (sub)

I’ve updated this for what I think Voss will do given Owies is suspended, Doc playing has been confirmed and track watchers views that Charlie and TDK aren’t going to play.

In McKay, McGovern, Williams, Docherty
Out Motlop, Binns, Moir (all omitted), Owies (suspended)

Cowan, Weitering, Gov
Saad, Young, Newman
Ollie, Cripps, Acres
E Hollands, McKay, CDurdin
Williams, Kemp, Kennedy
Pittonet, Hewett, Walsh
Docherty, Lord, Cincotta, Fantasia,
Carroll (sub)

Whatever the coaches do I just hope they give us a chance to win and don’t play anyone who is under a cloud and has a high likelihood of reinjury or below par performance from lack of match fitness and form.

Personally I wouldn’t risk Docherty and would keep Moir in to be the sub.

There were two in that game - but bear with me for a few weeks, I’ve just engaged a video production team to put together a documentary for you.
Just a thought? Instead of being a tawdry keyboard cowboy re this umpire. Why not contact the AFL to point out your findings so that they, as his employer, can deal with them?

Wow. Your whole disparagement of a person's career and persona is based on a holding the ball decision?

Wouldn't you think that superior powers, who watch every minute of every umpires' games, might have noticed that there was an anti "name your club" bias?

Alternatively? Should I be looking at informing the AFL of such patent bias and your ability to see it when they cannot?

A “holding the ball” from at least 4 years ago!

Ever heard the expression “get over it”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve updated this for what I think Voss will do given Owies is suspended, Doc playing has been confirmed and track watchers views that Charlie and TDK aren’t going to play.

In McKay, McGovern, Williams, Docherty
Out Motlop, Binns, Moir (all omitted), Owies (suspended)

Cowan, Weitering, Gov
Saad, Young, Newman
Ollie, Cripps, Acres
E Hollands, McKay, CDurdin
Williams, Kemp, Kennedy
Pittonet, Hewett, Walsh
Docherty, Lord, Cincotta, Fantasia,
Carroll (sub)

Whatever the coaches do I just hope they give us a chance to win and don’t play anyone who is under a cloud and has a high likelihood of reinjury or below par performance from lack of match fitness and form.

Personally I wouldn’t risk Docherty and would keep Moir in to be the sub.

There might be a strong temptation to play Cerra if he is anywhere near 100%. I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlie played.

I will barrack for Carlton.

I will support umpires.

I will grimace at some decisions they make but ........

I will never occasionally accuse any umpire of cheating as -

1. They don't ...always get involved in Brownlow betting scandals
2. I am not so stupidly biased naive to think that they don't
^ EFA

Last edited:
I pays me money, I boos the umpires, part of the fun.
To be clear this is about .0005% of the actual match and I do not shout at them uncontrollably.
TBF I have worked with three umpires, in various leagues over the journey, all three have been unique characters and mostly harmless among the general population. But……

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back